Crowd Noise DOES matter

TheColonyEagle

For some debating if crowd noise has anything to do with the performance on the field....how about something from someone actually ON the field:

"We came out on fire," Thompson said. "The fans were in it. That was more than what I expected. They did a great job of keeping us in the game. They caused a lot of problems for Houston's offense. I couldn't stand next to a teammate and hear what he was saying."

espn dallas

• Upvote 3

For some debating if crowd noise has anything to do with the performance on the field....how about something from someone actually ON the field:

"We came out on fire," Thompson said. "The fans were in it. That was more than what I expected. They did a great job of keeping us in the game. They caused a lot of problems for Houston's offense. I couldn't stand next to a teammate and hear what he was saying."

espn dallas

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/091111aaf.html

HOUSTON HEAD COACH Kevin Sumlin

"We're not very happy with the way we started. It was the first game on the road which is concerning."

"The energy of the crowd was good and a little more than we expected."

"Great energy in that stadium tonight, and we didn't respond well."

HOUSTON SENIOR QUARTERBACK Case Keenum

"You have to give North Texas a lot of credit. When they got things going in the first half they were tough to beat. They've got a good team over there"

"We just didn't deal with the pressure and atmosphere very well in the first half."

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/091111aaf.html

HOUSTON HEAD COACH Kevin Sumlin

"We're not very happy with the way we started. It was the first game on the road which is concerning."

"The energy of the crowd was good and a little more than we expected."

"Great energy in that stadium tonight, and we didn't respond well."

HOUSTON SENIOR QUARTERBACK Case Keenum

"You have to give North Texas a lot of credit. When they got things going in the first half they were tough to beat. They've got a good team over there"

"We just didn't deal with the pressure and atmosphere very well in the first half."

That's great to hear. Hats off to Sumlin and Keenum for having class. By the way, I have no voice today. Which is pretty bad, because part of my job is doing voice overs. : O

JRock

Edited by JRock
  • Upvote 1