Stadium Concern

Houston has always been second fiddle to Dallas anyways when it comes to football.

Cowboys > Oilers

Cowboys > Texans

Texans = Ripped off name from Dallas Team

TCU/SMU/UNT > HOUSTON/RICE

Apogee > Anything Rice or Houston can muster

Texas Stadium > Astrodome

Cowboy's Stadium > Reliant Stadium

...and to continue...

Six Flags > Astroworld

DFW > Bush Intercontinental

Dallas Traffic > Houston Traffic

Dallas Weather > Houston Weather

Dallas Galleria > Houston Galleria

...it really isn't a contest. So come on up from the ass-crack of the state, enjoy our hospitality in our beautiful new stadium, and win or lose, I don't have to go back to Houston.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Houston has always been second fiddle to Dallas anyways when it comes to football.

Cowboys > Oilers

Cowboys > Texans

...and to continue...

Six Flags > Astroworld

...it really isn't a contest. So come on up from the ass-crack of the state, enjoy our hospitality in our beautiful new stadium, and win or lose, I don't have to go back to Houston.

Galleria smack? My God man.... you aren't helping!

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 3

Cowboys > Oilers

Cowboys > Texans

...and to continue...

Six Flags > Astroworld

I don't think I would really try and compare Dallas weather to anything north of Hades. But then again....

Is the scoreboard in your new stadium able to show triple digits? Could prove problematic. You might want to have your game-day operation folks look into it.

T-minus 3.5 hours before my Coog crew departs for Denton. See ya soon, suckers.

You should have stadium concerns, since your ticket allotment is only good for Fouts. Say goodbye to the troughs for me.

• Upvote 1

As the old saying goes, 'I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.' I finished college at North Texas, having grown up in North Carolina. My first exposure to Cougar High School was when North Carolina State, a huge underdog, beat said high school in the 1983 NCAA basketball championship game. I'm not saying (necessarily) that North Texas, a huge underdog, will come out on top, although I hope we will. But that's why you play the game.

So, I associate Cougar High with losing big games.

Also, there's something about a school that lacks class.

I seem to remember Cougar High beating a post-death-penalty SMU 95-21 in the early 90s. Wow. Cougar High can pile up points on a depleted team that didn't play D1 football for consecutive seasons. So, not only does this school have a history of losing big games it's supposed to win, it lacks class... as evidenced by the initial pathetic post in this thread.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I seem to remember Cougar High beating a post-death-penalty SMU 95-21 in the early 90s. Wow. Cougar High can pile up points on a depleted team that didn't play D1 football for consecutive seasons. So, not only does this school have a history of losing big games it's supposed to win, it lacks class... as evidenced by the initial pathetic post in this thread.

The sad thing is UH did hold back that game. UH defense (and it was a great defense back then) did not blitz a single time against a run and shoot team. Starting QB only played 1 half. Starting defense only played one half. Every single person on the roster played. UH took a knee 3 times inside SMU's 20 yard line to end the game. Run the ball more? The running back had 15 carries for 209 yards and 3 TDs. So 14 yards per carry and a TD every 5 times he carried the ball. His yards per carry was higher than UH's yards per pass attempt.

UH could have scored 150 easily that night.

• Upvote 1

Come on mean green fans, post some meaningful football smack. And if we are cougar high, what does that make you, Denton Elementary?

It's a challenge to say something 'meaningful' about a football program, like yours, that will forever be stuck in mediocrity... never to be invited to an AQ conference, losing championship games to underdogs like East Carolina.

Schools like North Texas (rebuilding from a disaster) and UTSA (starting from scratch) stand a greater chance of climbing the ranks of college football than does a school that's known throughout this great state as Cougar High.

Enjoy your time at Apogee Stadium. You won't see anything that nice on your campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Is the scoreboard in your new stadium able to show triple digits? Could prove problematic. You might want to have your game-day operation folks look into it.

T-minus 3.5 hours before my Coog crew departs for Denton. See ya soon, suckers.

It'll actually need 4 (2 for UH score, 2 for NT score). I have it on good authority that it does.