Eric Capper Tweets on UNT Student Ticket Sales

Harry

Headline I am hoping for:

NT WINS ON LAST PLAY IN SOLD OUT GAME AT APOGEE

Crowd control: In a first, 2000 students turned away

BAD PR? I think telling the other 25000+ (36000-8000 attendees-2000 turned away) students that didn't even try that this ticket is in demand, would be a pretty good story to tell.

Get there early. Pull for your team. Enjoy football Mecca.

GMG

• Upvote 4

Just an observation, did you notice that FIU student seating was in the end zone. This despite the FIU students paying much higher athletic fees at this point and many available sideline seats available. I believe that if NT expected that student attendance could be sustained at a higher level than 8,000 there would be more seats allocated or in fact a bigger capacity stadium built. This may be an issue for the first game but I doubt it will be the rest of the season unless there is a big turnaround in team performance. I would like nothing better than the expansion phase being quickly started.

I thought that was a weird looking stadium, but that was only a minor part of the weirdness I was seeing on that ESPN3 broadcast. Yes, the weirdest part was what was happening in our end zone early and often, but that was just deja vu all over again.

I have serious doubts that the student allotment is frozen at 8,000 UNLESS the remainder of the stadium is already sold out. Those students, if they are there in the five hour period before game time, should be allowed to sit in any unsold seat. They should take priority over any walkup sales IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ya, don't like the sounds of the whole ticket thing. We don't need to give our students ANY kind of reason not to come w/ the state of our team. I don't see what the problem w/ student ID swiping was.

I was a student back in the Dickey glory days. I would have loved a ticket to save from several of those games. Besides, entrance is still free, so it's not that big a deal to get a ticket early.

• Upvote 1

Eric Capper's tweet 40 mins ago:

"Latest update from #MeanGreen ticket office is 6000 student tickets already picked up. With 2 days to go we are looking good for 8000 goal"

I also just spoke with Eric who confirmed the same number. He reiterated that they would NOT turn away students walking up and would make room for them. Students can also purchase 2 extra student section tickets (guest passes) for $20 a piece.

Went by Apogee Stadium twice today! The entire staff is busting their butts! Ran into Rick and Hank and Johnathan and Cooper and the rest! More and more touches are coming in daily! There was a line for Student tickets almost each time I looked today! It's really special!

ParksAndRecRick

Rick Herold

I have serious doubts that the student allotment is frozen at 8,000 UNLESS the remainder of the stadium is already sold out. Those students, if they are there in the five hour period before game time, should be allowed to sit in any unsold seat. They should take priority over any walkup sales IMO.

We discussed this with Eric on the Podcast last night. He told us that the administration said that students would not be turned away.

It doesn't matter to me, but that makes no sense. If they have a student ticket then why would they need to show an ID?

Makes sense to me, so students don't go pick up tickets for non-students or sell them to non-students. OU does the same thing, but they don't scan them when entering, only on pickup.

I have serious doubts that the student allotment is frozen at 8,000 UNLESS the remainder of the stadium is already sold out.

At most large programs, student sections are limited. And they either require students to obtain a ticket in advance (even for general seating) or get a "game pass" sticker put on their ID card before the season starts.

This year NT is changing from ID flashing to getting free tickets in advance each week. This is a good thing and a sign our stadium is filling up more with non-students. It's not meant to exclude any students but common sense says you can't save 36,000 seats for any and all of our enrollment. First come, first serve.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1