North Texas Soccer Ranked 10th in South!

Matt

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205266889

DENTON, Texas- Wins over SMU and Houston over the weekend have propelled North Texas soccer into the top 10 of the South Region in the NSCAA Rankings. The Mean Green are ranked 10th in the South Region, and are only one of two Sun Belt teams to be listed.

The Mean Green are 4-0-1 on the season so far, which marks only the second time in school history that the Mean Green have been unbeaten through five games. North Texas is the only women's soccer team in the state of Texas that is still undefeated this season, and is the only Sun Belt school to have not suffered a loss so far.

North Texas takes on Sam Houston on Friday, September 9 with kickoff set for 7 p.m. at the Mean Green Soccer Complex. The Mean Green face the no. 9 team in the Central Region, Baylor, on Sunday, September 11 at 3 p.m. in Waco.

NCAA Rankings Regional Women South

Division I 3rd Poll - September 06, 2011

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1. Florida (4-1-0)

2. Tennessee (5-1-0)

3. Auburn (4-1-0)

4. South Carolina (3-2-0)

5. Denver (4-1-0)

6. Alabama (3-2-1)

7. Kentucky (5-0-0)

8. Georgia (3-2-0)

9. Mississippi (3-1-1)

10. North Texas (4-0-1)

This is great news! SMU also dropped out of the Central Region top 10. Which begs the question...Why is SMU in the Central Region, and NT in the South Region??? :huh:

Yeah I noticed that too.. Instantly clicked on Central Region only to realize that it said South

This is great news! SMU also dropped out of the Central Region top 10. Which begs the question...Why is SMU in the Central Region, and NT in the South Region??? :huh:

Soccer Rankings try to keep conferences together in their regional rankings thus the Big 12 is in the central and Sunbelt in the south.

The ladies should take care of business on Friday night (Sam Houston), but Baylor is now ranked #10 in the central region! A win in Waco on Sunday would be huge in boosting the Mean Green up the regional rankings! GMG

• Upvote 1

Soccer Rankings try to keep conferences together in their regional rankings thus the Big 12 is in the central and Sunbelt in the south.

The ladies should take care of business on Friday night (Sam Houston), but Baylor is now ranked #10 in the central region! A win in Waco on Sunday would be huge in boosting the Mean Green up the regional rankings! GMG

Maybe but hasn't always been in the Central Region prior to this year?

I'm thinking about making the trip to Waco for the game Sunday. Should be a good one, and I've never been to a soccer away game other than SMU.

I'm thinking about making the trip to Waco for the game Sunday. Should be a good one, and I've never been to a soccer away game other than SMU.

That's awesome...pack your car with two or three others :D ... For the most part the soccer team has had respectable turnout for road matches when games are within a reasonable driving distance. Waco is an easy drive from the metroplex so I'm hoping we have a nice turnout...... GMG