Game Day Info

I think for at least the first two games of the season the student section will sellout. After that its anyones guess who the student body reacts. However, if we get off to a good start I think the student section will be full. While on campus today I saw more students wearing green than I ever had. I believe it has to do with this incoming freshman class, they are really spirited already, the stadium and coach Mac are already paying off.

• Upvote 1

I think for at least the first two games of the season the student section will sellout. After that its anyones guess who the student body reacts. However, if we get off to a good start I think the student section will be full. While on campus today I saw more students wearing green than I ever had. I believe it has to do with this incoming freshman class, they are really spirited already, the stadium and coach Mac are already paying off.

I was in Denton yesterday and noticed the same thing - as we drove around the campus the number of students wearing Mean Green gear was astounding.

We went to Voertmans as well and numerous students (and their parents) were buying lots of Mean Green gear.

Times - They are a'changing.

• Upvote 3

I am sure they will be general admission seating but only in selected student sections. I believe I read 8,000 available for students? Once that amount of student tickets are gone Athletic officials would have to decide to open other sections to students...A good problem to have.

Bigger question. Will the issuance of tickets allow those seats to be counted as game day attendance even if the student who got the free ticket doesn't show up?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Isn't $10 a little high to park all the way over at Fouts? How much was it to park at Fouts when the games were played there?

You know...for not much more, one could join the Mean Green Club and qualify for a parking pass while helping to support the program and the student-athletes. The benefits of joining the Mean green Club are very good,and can make real economic sense as well if one sits down and actually puts pen to paper.

There will be plenty of free parking around the area if one doesn't mind walking a bit further.

You know...for not much more, one could join the Mean Green Club and qualify for a parking pass while helping to support the program and the student-athletes. The benefits of joining the Mean green Club are very good,and can make real economic sense as well if one sits down and actually puts pen to paper.

There will be plenty of free parking around the area if one doesn't mind walking a bit further.

6 home games = almost exactly a half the cost for a base MGC account. I wonder if you could pay the $60 up front (since you were already planning to come to games anyways) and then prorate the remaining fee into the monthly payments (what would amount to less than $6/month)

Also, do Fouts parking payments go to Athletics, or UNT PD?

Unless you're a recent alumn... then I think they have some kind of pro-rated deal for each year you've been out of school. Just call the Ticket office/AD and I'm sure they could talk you through all of that.

Well see here is the deal, since I am a coach I already get 2 free tix to each game, so I dont buy season tickets. But I do want to join the MGC. Is there no other option than parking at Fouts?

Join the MGC and get season tickets anyway. You'll get a parking pass AND you'll be able to invite friends to come to the games with you.

• Upvote 1

Well see here is the deal, since I am a coach I already get 2 free tix to each game, so I dont buy season tickets. But I do want to join the MGC. Is there no other option than parking at Fouts?

It couldn't hurt to talk to Jon Burkett with the MGC, and see if he can work something out in your special circumstance.

Or you could just do what emmitt01 said, and buy season tickets anyway.