MEAN GREEN CLUB GIFT8

EAGLE83

I was told that they aren't sending out gifts this year (based on your MGC level). That this year you're getting your full dollar tax deductibility for your gift. (in the past you got whatever you had given minus the cost of your gift).

I think they just sent everyone in the MGC one of those license plate holders....just like a few years back when they sent us all those plastic car decals.

So that is a gift...but not a MGC gift as folks were given in past years.

At least that's what I was told.

Edited by SUMG

I was told that they aren't sending out gifts this year (based on your MGC level). That this year you're getting your full dollar tax deductibility for your gift. (in the past you got whatever you had given minus the cost of your gift).

I think they just sent everyone in the MGC one of those license plate holders....just like a few years back when they sent us all those plastic car decals.

So that is a gift...but not a MGC gift as folks were given in past years.

At least that's what I was told.

The letter said "enclosed is your gift."

I guess it's just one of those things about becoming big time. The quality of the gifts have declined over the last few years. The softside cooler and golf umbrella were really nice. The gift card last year was not quite as nice, but you could use it for whatever you wanted. Now we get a $2 plastic license frame.

The money will instead be kept in the program, and that's something positive we can look to. It's fine, just a bit of a surprise considering the history of the gifts.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

This might be a stupid question but can we put license plate frames on without getting in trouble now? I've always avoided putting them on becasue of all the fuss a couple of years ago about them covering up parts of the plate. I really don't know what the out come of all that was.

i've never had an issue with any license plate cover...and i've been pulled over plenty of times!

remember flyer...we don't give gifts to get a gift...a gift is nonbinding. i'm happy i get something every year from north texas for giving them cash...they could stop and i'd still do it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

This might be a stupid question but can we put license plate frames on without getting in trouble now? I've always avoided putting them on becasue of all the fuss a couple of years ago about them covering up parts of the plate. I really don't know what the out come of all that was.

Yes, I assure you that you can put this plate frame on your car without a problem in the State of Texas.

The letter said "enclosed is your gift."

I guess it's just one of those things about becoming big time. The quality of the gifts have declined over the last few years. The softside cooler and golf umbrella were really nice. The gift card last year was not quite as nice, but you could use it for whatever you wanted. Now we get a $2 plastic license frame.

The money will instead be kept in the program, and that's something positive we can look to. It's fine, just a bit of a surprise considering the history of the gifts.

Good God man! It's a gift...it's not based on any level of giving...it's a gift. Are you going to be the wrinkled $100 bill guy because you got a gift you probably didn't even expect?

Let's just gold plate the things and spend all the money donated on gifts instead of trying to cover the costs of athletic scholarships that is the stated intent of the program.

Flyer..is this really you or did someone hijack your Avatar?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Good God man! It's a gift...it's not based on any level of giving...it's a gift. Are you going to be the wrinkled $100 bill guy because you got a gift you probably didn't even expect?

Let's just gold plate the things and spend all the money donated on gifts instead of trying to cover the costs of athletic scholarships that is the stated intent of the program.

Hell hath no wrath like that of Pissed of Kram. Seriously.... it is one of those things were I don't even expect a gift and if they plop me 10 stickers to slap around town I am more than happy. With that said...I am only on the $250 level. So if we have over 900 club members now then how many did we have last year?

Ehhh, The name of the state is not supposed to be obscured, but it's usually just a good PC stop.

I'm not inclined to berate anyone who was instrumental in getting that beautiful stadium going. Everyone is all excited about APOGEE stepping forward, as well as other people/organizations stepping forward to make to make donations. But I never lose sight of this basic fact.....no student vote....no stadium..... and no future income stream for higher profile coaches.

• Downvote 1

Ehhh, The name of the state is not supposed to be obscured, but it's usually just a good PC stop.

I posed the same question (for a different reason) just the other day to a Fort Worth police traffic officer. He told me that technically Texas and Lone Star State were not supposed to be obscured, but he doesn't know of anyone who has written a ticket over the issue. He said that it was his opinion that it was just another legal excuse for an officer to pull you over if he/she has any suspicions about you, but there is no other obvious reason to legally do so.

I heard that rural police dept's were writing tickets left and right on this because it was an easy ticket, and they were under pressure to bring more income into their city coffers.