Season Ticket and parking passes.....

bjrichus

I just spoke with someone at the ticket office and was told that football season tickets will be sent out sometime next week or the week after.

MG Club members parking passes were something they had no idea about as they are coming from a different printing company.

Huh?

Did I get my math wrong, or are there just 3 weeks to go before first home game... <_<

Is this last minute stuff and disorganization (just see the posts about no tailgating info) a sign of things to come from UNT? I hope not. :thumbsd:

Edited by bjrichus
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

How long does it take for other institutions to get their tickets/passes out?

Anything depending on how organized they are. Last few years, season tickets were available for pick up (along with parking passes for club members etc) at cook-off day.

I think that THIS year, all the attention in the people who do this has been diverted from looking after fans to crowing about the stadium and not doing much else (like the job they are employed to do).

Seems to me you can't do anything with them anyways until gameday.

What are you gonna do with them for 21 days, tape them to your bathroom mirror?

True.

My wife and her parents (who we buy season tickets for) like to have them as early as possible and plan for tailgating etc....

Edited by bjrichus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Anything depending on how organized they are. Last few years, season tickets were available for pick up (along with parking passes for club members etc) at cook-off day.

I think that THIS year, all the attention in the people who do this has been diverted from looking after fans to crowing about the stadium and not doing much else (like the job they are employed to do).

True.

My wife and her parents (who we buy season tickets for) like to have them as early as possible and plan for tailgating etc....

You need tickets to plan for tailgating? Really? Seems lots of folks have already started planning tailgating activities. Maybe you mean near which lot due to your parking situation...that I get, and agree that I would love to have that settled as soon as possible. But, completely disagree that the AD folks have forgotten the fans. In fact, there have been more fan friendly events this season that ever before...and this whole bit of a delay just might be due to the fact that they had to wait on the Apogee Stadium deal to be finalized before they actually printed the tickets (the season tickets not the single game tickets that are always much more generic). Not trying to stir things up, but I can guarantee you that folks in the Athletic dept. are not holding meetings about how they can "not look after the fans". There are times that things are taking place behind the scenes that are just not apparent to those who are charged with dealing with things on a day to day basis. Does anyone really think the AD folks want to stall in getting parking passes and tickets out to their season ticket holders?

When we are less than a week out and we still don't have tickets or parking passes...well, if that happens...then we can panic! Until then...patience folks patience.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

You need tickets to plan for tailgating? Really? Seems lots of folks have already started planning tailgating activities. Maybe you mean near which lot due to your parking situation...that I get, and agree that I would love to have that settled as soon as possible. But, completely disagree that the AD folks have forgotten the fans.

You don't have a spouse who is a "Type A" controlling/planning freak, do you?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, a LOT of people have started to plan, and as a MG Club member I have friends who know I am still involved at UNT and are bugging me all the time for information that they simply cannot get from the AD.

:growl:

• Upvote 3

I think the DEPT was waiting to see how many MGC members there were before assigning parking. At least that is my guess. They probably had to see how many $250 level donors there were before committing to new stadium parking? Just a guess. And the parking passes are printed for each game plus they must be copy proof since they don't get scanned. I think it is better that they waited to get it right rather than field complaints later on.

• Upvote 1

I can understand peoples concerns. If there is a problem with the tickets or parking passes, you don't want to be scrambling at the last minute to try and get it corrected.

Having said that, I believe an athletic department that can get our stadium built on time, can get our stuff to us in time for the Houston game.

I'd rather worry about Houston fans sitting on our home side, and not in their visitor's section.