Is This Guy Our Breakout Receiver ?

MeanGreen61

Can he make folks forget Darius Carey ? Mean Green Gang sez he's gonna surprise this season. Quick, shifty, with size and he's making catches. What do ya think ?

FZBDKHUQGXBGSFZ.20100913152039.jpg

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204977440&Q_SEASON=2011

Don't know, but would love to see that happen, starting with FIU

Can he make folks forget Darius Carey ? Mean Green Gang sez he's gonna surprise this season. Quick, shifty, with size and he's making catches. What do ya think ?

FZBDKHUQGXBGSFZ.20100913152039.jpg

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204977440&Q_SEASON=2011

I don't know about "forget Darius Carey", but he will have a great season. I'll go out on a limb and project 850yds and 9 TD's this year.

He looked good last season before the injury. Not sure he can be the game breaker that Carey was, but will certainly be one of the top receivers. I look for Outlaw to have a big year and be the #1 receiver. Stradford has the great speed but other than one catch has not been much of a factor even before his injury. I do look for those three to be the starters. I don't think the Green will run near as many 4 wrs sets as under Dodge. I also think Hamilton might be a big threat out of a 2 back set. Hopefully, a possession type receiver will arise perhaps Teegarden, Baine or Taylor.

Before the dismissal of Carey, I thought the receiving corp would be significantly better than last year. Probably not the case now, but a throwing QB could make all of them look better.

220 lbs? Sounds like a guy that's gonna be hard to bring down. Anyone know his current 40 time? Rivals listed it @ 4.6 out of high school.

Exactly! If he was a few inches taller he would be a perfectly sized receiver. If he's still a 4.6 at 220 lbs then he should be able to break some tackles and make some plays.

Maybe it's jus me, but I thought Darius Carey was a little overrated. No Casey Fitzgerald that's for sure.

Hard to compare. By the time Carey came along, we had quite a stockpile of WRs that weren't around when Casey was. Casey had a lot more balls thrown his way, so he had a lot more catches. But Carey averaged 10.9 yards per catch, while Casey averaged 11.1 yards per catch--a statistical wash. And Carey should have had his best years still in front of him.

Obviously, Carey will never be considered one of UNT's greats, which Casey definitely was. But Carey certainly had the promise.

• Upvote 1

He looked good last season before the injury. Not sure he can be the game breaker that Carey was, but will certainly be one of the top receivers. I look for Outlaw to have a big year and be the #1 receiver. Stradford has the great speed but other than one catch has not been much of a factor even before his injury. I do look for those three to be the starters. I don't think the Green will run near as many 4 wrs sets as under Dodge. I also think Hamilton might be a big threat out of a 2 back set. Hopefully, a possession type receiver will arise perhaps Teegarden, Baine or Taylor.

Before the dismissal of Carey, I thought the receiving corp would be significantly better than last year. Probably not the case now, but a throwing QB could make all of them look better.

Bynes will definitely be a major factor this year not only as a pass catcher, but also as a blocker. I'd look for him to be a 700yds/5-8 TD type of guy. Outlaw and Bynes should start on the outside with Taylor and Chancellor inside. Stratford won't start unless he can catch more than a cold. That speed does no good if he can't catch the ball (and I know the coaches have been diligently working on that, so hopefully he's improved) but man if he figures it out what a weapon! Olawale, Teegarden, Baine, Johnson, and Schutza should provide some nice depth. I'm with you on Hamilton out of the backfield as a second option to accompany 5, who is a very effective receiver.