Fall camp news has been sparse

NT80

What else can be done.

New Head Coach.

New stadium.

20 million dollar donation.

Season ticket sales are way up.

But the next step has to be taken which is winning. Everyone one loves a winner. No one really cares about the losers except the die hard fans.

Radio, TV, and Newspaper stories are run to make Money for either the newspaper, Radio or TV station. People only spent there excess dollars on thing that they are excited about. It is going to take winning to take the next step. You have got to get people excited about Mean Green Football. What will get people excited....Winning.

Well the Mean Green lost again this past weekend. will not get it done.

What can you do as fans. Well you can try to generate excitement for the mean green. Take the nextdoor neighbor kid to the game. Inform the store that you stop in Denton to buy tailgatings supplies that this is your last shoping trip with them for supplies until they turn the store the color green. Tell the business that gives the Mean Green free advertising how happy you are for them supporting the Mean Green and that you will see them the next time you are in Denton. Then tell everyone you know that cares about the Mean Green about that store.

It will take time, maybe even years but it has to start somewhere.

• Upvote 1

I won't know what to think about this issue until someone articulates a position that's typed in all lower-case letters, in conspicuously short/clipped sentences, and flooded with disrespect and contempt for everyone in the department and on the forum.

Are you still allowed to provocate like this?

Send Vito back to where he came from on a leaky boat?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I won't know what to think about this issue until someone articulates a position that's typed in all lower-case letters, in conspicuously short/clipped sentences, and flooded with disrespect and contempt for everyone in the department and on the forum.

That wouldn't be a very loving thing to do...

• Upvote 1

OK, how does Tasty get to keep throwing the bombs out without having to collect his +1's and -1's as a mod? I thought once you became a mod you had to tone it down and only be nice and neutral. If that's not the case I am going to start lobbying to be a mod and then I can really have fun without fear of retribution. HeHe! :sword::stuff:

OK, how does Tasty get to keep throwing the bombs out without having to collect his +1's and -1's as a mod? I thought once you became a mod you had to tone it down and only be nice and neutral. If that's not the case I am going to start lobbying to be a mod and then I can really have fun without fear of retribution. HeHe! :sword::stuff:

I think this grenade is not lobbed at the heroes of the Mid-Cities the way you all took it. If I had to guess, it's probably not meant to go much further than DFW airport.

• Upvote 2

We can't wait for the 12-1 season to market the program. Lance Dunbar is a great product. It's not an open vs. closed thing, it's getting more footage of Lance out there so JoeBob knows who he is and what he looks like running the ball. Make him want to come see Lance.

Here's where your argument hits a snag. Back when Dickey was our coach, we had a huge conference winning streak, 4 straight bowls, the two previous national rushing champs who received lots of natinal and local pub, and open practices. In 2005, we averaged about 17-18K per home game, which was no different than it had been before.

Lance Dunbar is awesome, but his team has been absolutely horrible for a long time. Joe Bob will know him even more when he runs for 200 yards in an opening season win over FIU. If that makes Joe Bob buy a ticket for our big home game against Western Kentucky, then we are the better for it. But I doubt if we were sending out all kinds of information on practices right now and how great Lance Dunbar is, Joe Bob will buy that ticket for Western Kentucky's visit to Denton if we get blasted in our first 4 games of the season, even if he runs wild in those games.

• Upvote 2