My trip to Denton

emmitt01

Took my daughter to get signed up for the jr mean green club at the AD event at Beth Marie's. Great time and great ice cream. Only issue is that my daughter spent all week eager to see Scrappy...then hid from him when we got there.

Also had a chance to ask some questions about the stadium, parking, etc. I was told season tickets would go out after the 23rd. Also that MGC members $250 and up would be parking in the victory lots (the dorm lot and the new one being paved just adjacent to it). First come first served. There will apparently be police presence out there the night prior to the first game for those of us camping out. You will be able to drop off your stuff and park away from your tailgate if you have friends without passes. An interesting thing is that they're looking into selling MGC members an extra pass...great if you're like me and your spouse comes later in the day. There is talk of opening the old radisson lot for dropping off your stuff also. The most interesting thing I heard was "the stadium naming gift will be the largest ever at North Texas...for four days." I may have misheard but I'm Lmost certain I heard a $50mil number thrown out for total gifts month period. You do the math. Apparently this next large gift will be spread amongst several departments with athletics potentially seeing a six or seven digit portion of it and some of the money going to name a school on campus.

And then I went to the stadium and noticed it was open after the scrimmage. I sat in my seats for the first time and it was an emotional moment. I even climbed to the top of the wing zone. Let me say this...you won't be going to the concession stand or to the potty too many times from up there. I know it's been said many times before but I'll say it again. We match any place I've been in terms of stadium quality even if not in terms of capacity. And I haven't even been to the club or suite level.

All in all I can say I have never been this excited about where the Mean Green Nation is going and can go.

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

Great news...good write-up. Especially love the last comment. I cannot imagine your cute daughter hiding from Scrappy after seeing her sing the fight song with the cheerleaders at the GMG.Com basketball game. My wife still talks about trying to adopt her!

Great news on the parking and tailgate set up!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Took my daughter to get signed up for the jr mean green club at the AD event at Beth Marie's. Great time and great ice cream. Only issue is that my daughter spent all week eager to see Scrappy...then hid from him when we got there.

My daughter does the same thing.

But, my daughter is also a better daughter than yours. It's science.

• Upvote 2

Knowing these words came from Emmitt I almost felt like I was there at the top of the wing. I can't wait to head back to Big D to experience this myself. Thanks for the visual!

GMG

Rock the Big A 9.10.11

• Upvote 1

Also had a chance to ask some questions about the stadium, parking, etc. I was told season tickets would go out after the 23rd. Also that MGC members $250 and up would be parking in the victory lots (the dorm lot and the new one being paved just adjacent to it). First come first served. There will apparently be police presence out there the night prior to the first game for those of us camping out. You will be able to drop off your stuff and park away from your tailgate if you have friends without passes. An interesting thing is that they're looking into selling MGC members an extra pass...great if you're like me and your spouse comes later in the day. There is talk of opening the old radisson lot for dropping off your stuff also.

This post has been promoted to an article

Where can you park your RV?

• Upvote 1

We did the same thing. We spent time at Beth Marie's and then went to the stadium. It was nice getting a close look at the eagle statue. I look forward to seeing it all again tomorrow at the 5K. We had a great time at Beth Marie's. First time to eat something more than just ice cream. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

<br />Took my daughter to get signed up for the jr mean green club at the AD event at Beth Marie's.  Great time and great ice cream.  Only issue is that my daughter spent all week eager to see Scrappy...then hid from him when we got there.<br /><br />Also had a chance to ask some questions about the stadium, parking, etc.   I was told season tickets would go out after the 23rd.  Also that MGC members $250 and up would be parking in the victory lots (the dorm lot and the new one being paved just adjacent to it).  First come first served.  There will apparently be police presence out there the night prior to the first game for those of us camping out.  You will be able to drop off your stuff and park away from your tailgate if you have friends without passes.  An interesting thing is that they're looking into selling MGC members an extra pass...great if you're like me and your spouse comes later in the day.  There is talk of opening the old radisson lot for dropping off your stuff also.  The most interesting thing I heard was &quot;the stadium naming gift will be the largest ever at North Texas...for four days.&quot;  I may have misheard but I'm Lmost certain I heard a $50mil number thrown out for total gifts month period.  You do the math.  Apparently this next large gift will be spread amongst several departments with athletics potentially seeing a six or seven digit portion of it and some of the money going to name a school on campus.  <br /><br />And then I went to the stadium and noticed it was open after the scrimmage.  I sat in my seats for the first time and it was an emotional moment.  I even climbed to the top of the wing zone.  Let me say this...you won't be going to the concession stand or to the potty too many times from up there.  I know it's been said many times before but I'll say it again.  We match any place I've been in terms of stadium quality even if not in terms of capacity.  And I haven't even been to the club or suite level.  <br /><br />All in all I can say I have never been this excited about where the Mean Green Nation is going and can go.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.gomeangreen.com/_/my-trip-to-denton-r207' class='bbc_url' title=''>This post has been promoted to an article</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have been told that you will not be able to purchase an additional parking pass as you could for the blue lot in years past. Sucks, because for the first time, I really need that additional parking pass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

<br /><br /><br />

I have been told that you will not be able to purchase an additional parking pass as you could for the blue lot in years past. Sucks, because for the first time, I really need that additional parking pass.

Cooper Jones is who I talked to. As I said he told me t was being discussed so don't blame me (or him) if that's not the final decision...but it was put out there as a possibility.

• Downvote 1