New UNT Stadium Naming rights - Apogee

dml7007

Who cares, that's 25% of the cost of the stadium, done. This is huge for all involved. Great deal for them, solid deal for us. We get co-branding witha leading technology firm. Provides us as a showcase system for them, meaning we'll always be at the top of the infrastructure race.

Definition of win:win.

Kudos to whoever handled this situation.

• Upvote 2

I kinda feel this steals the thunder from Rick and the university. How did this get leaked early?!

Are you kidding me? With the new stadium deal and great coaching hire, it was a given we would erect a Sam-Houston sized 50 foot concrete statue of him. This!?!? This is a direct path to immortality. We must now all refer to Rick as Saint Rick.

• Upvote 2

They look like a good sponsor and I am very grateful and thankful to have a quality sponsor.

Having said that, what does Apogee get for their $20 Mil? Given the strategic location of the stadium and the opportunity to make so many impressions every day, it seems to me a consumer goods company would have been all over this deal. Potential new clients for Apogee are not going to be driving by the stadium every day; perhaps Apogee is trying to raise their awareness to expand to other market segments.

What the hell do I know, I'm a finance guy. All I know about marketing is what Dr. Ganesh was able to drive into my skull more years ago than I care to remember.

Wait -- people are really debating the benefits or partnering with a company specializing in campus networks with a focus exclusively on universities? I know in some sense $20M is $20M from anyone, but as far as finding a partner willing to work with us and do whatever it takes to maximize this sponsorship's value, I don't think there were many better fits out there.

Home run IMO.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Didn't someone "leak" yesterday that it might be "Waste Management" company or something like that?

So happy about this. Are they gonna hook us up with the best stadium network evar?

Yes, as a part of the deal, the board operator in the Apogee Mean Green Stadium will have the ability to override any jumbotron at any DIV1A stadium in the country for 60 seconds at a time with a live broadcast of whomever UNT is pummeling. They will call it Apogee live look.

• Upvote 4

...what does Apogee get for their $20 Mil? Given the strategic location of the stadium and the opportunity to make so many impressions every day, it seems to me a consumer goods company would have been all over this deal. Potential new clients for Apogee are not going to be driving by the stadium every day; perhaps Apogee is trying to raise their awareness to expand to other market segments...

I think, with them being a ResNet company, they are hitting their target audience on the nose. Great choice for them, and they won't regret it. You think other colleges will know who they are? Now, they'll be reminded of them any time NT football is playing at home. Hopefully, within 20 years, we'll consistently be on TV, which will only help them even more.

Welcome to the team Apogee.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

MEMO: to all Mountain West Conference member institutions

We regret to inform you that unless you include our newest business partner, the University of North Texas Mean Green into your conference effective for the 2012 season, we will be removing your internets.

That is all.

• Upvote 6

Good find!

So how do we pronounce that? APP-oh-jee? Or is it more of a French ahp-uh-ZHAY? Sounds pretty snooty to say, "We play at ahp-uh-ZHAY Stadium."

am I the only one that isn't in love with this move? It's just not recognizable. I guess money got tight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 24

Yes, as a part of the deal, the board operator in the Apogee Mean Green Stadium will have the ability to override any jumbotron at any DIV1A stadium in the country for 60 seconds at a time with a live broadcast of whomever UNT is pummeling. They will call it Apogee live look™.

We regret to inform you that unless you include our newest business partner, the University of North Texas Mean Green into your conference effective for the 2012 season, we will be removing your internets.

That is all.

2 for 2

• Upvote 2

That is all.

If it was just this simple to move to the MWC...

am I the only one that isn't in love with this move? It's just not recognizable. I guess money got tight.

Yes, you are the only one. This move will pay for the coaching staff's salary for the next 20 years. Great move without question. UNT is not small time anymore. We are making the moves to become relevant again and it's time for the college football world to take notice.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I too wish it sounded cooler. It sounds like the name of a forgetten native american tribe. It also sounds like apathy. Ugh. Oh well, money is money and we need what we can get. However, Ive already told 3 people and they said "What? Who is that? That sounds weird." It seems like everything this school does is like this. "Nice stadium, but whats with the end zone?" Been dealing with that again lately. And people thought the new uniforms were a downgrade too. I just think we couldve garnered more support with the right moves. Oh well, f everyone else. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 14

I too wish it sounded cooler. It sounds like the name of a forgetten native american tribe. It also sounds like apathy. Ugh. Oh well, money is money and we need what we can get. However, Ive already told 3 people and they said "What? Who is that? That sounds weird." It seems like everything this school does is like this. "Nice stadium, but whats with the end zone?" Been dealing with that again lately. And people thought the new uniforms were a downgrade too. I just think we couldve garnered more support with the right moves. Oh well, f everyone else. Go Mean Green!

Sounds like Hopeful isn't very hopefulat all...amiright guys?

• Upvote 5