Full Uniform

UNTflyer

I'm pretty sure that's the NCAA football logo:

ncaa-football-logo.jpg

It should be the conference patch... Pretty sure there's a rule that says it has to be on there; one of the more legit reasons to get upset about Black Jersey-gate. Beyond the unique logos, there's a generic one for each conference that conforms to the NCAA style.

sbc-football-logo-thumb.jpg

!B0UgWFQCWk~$%28KGrHqN,!h0Ew5M8dgB%29BMZ3+5MgZg~~_35.JPG

acc_logo_display_image.jpg?1276657355

It should be the conference patch... Pretty sure there's a rule that says it has to be on there; one of the more legit reasons to get upset about Black Jersey-gate. Beyond the unique logos, there's a generic one for each conference that conforms to the NCAA style.

sbc-football-logo-thumb.jpg

!B0UgWFQCWk~$%28KGrHqN,!h0Ew5M8dgB%29BMZ3+5MgZg~~_35.JPG

acc_logo_display_image.jpg?1276657355

saw on the slideshow Vito posted. It is the Sunbelt logo, similar to these... looks to be sewed on, but I'm sure we will be able to afford new jerseys if we jump to a new conference (assuming its not the WAC) :D

Can somebody confirm that this is or is not the same shade of green we unveiled a few years ago?

I think it is. At least as much as I have seen, helmet and all, it looks to be to me.

What was that official shade the URCM department listed it to be, Pantone # 3TexasHighwayExitSign42?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Sadly, these are very plain. Too plain to even be called "classic." When I heard we were going "classic," I didn't like it, since we had finally crossed the modern uniform design threshold, but I had a few "classic" designs I'd be cool with: Abner Haynes-era shoulder stripes or Steve Ramsey/Joe Greene/U of Florida triple stripes on the sleeves. Even the new basic Baylor jerseys with Nike's odd wing-shaped shoulder stitching pattern would have worked. Instead, we get the least-expensive, most poor-inner-city-school-district template known to man. The cuffs aren't a contrasting color, the numbers aren't outlined in black for visibility's sake, and we can't even slap the SoW on the sleeve for TV or photos to create that brand recognition we so desire (and need). They didn't even use the unique athletic number font that was designed back in 2004 or 2005 and used on the 05-06 jerseys. There's zero personality here. Authentic jerseys won't cost the normal $120+, they'll cost $40 and about 5 minutes with a sewing machine.

And that lack of personality continues in the helmet that also has no outline to make the words stand out. Scoring an authentic helmet for your NT Room won't be a feat, since you can make one yourself with a can of too-light green paint, a basic stencil, and a can of white Krylon.

Seriously, these don't say "old school trench warfare" football, they scream "boring, bland" football, regardless of how we actually play. When thousands see our highlights on TV, they'll joke that we spent all our money on the stadium and didn't have enough left for decent uniforms.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

Sadly, these are very plain. Too plain to even be called "classic." When I heard we were going "classic," I didn't like it, since we had finally crossed the modern uniform design threshold, but I had a few "classic" designs I'd be cool with: Abner Haynes-era shoulder stripes or Steve Ramsey/Joe Greene/U of Florida triple stripes on the sleeves. Even the new basic Baylor jerseys with Nike's odd wing-shaped shoulder stitching pattern would have worked. Instead, we get the least-expensive, most poor-inner-city-school-district template known to man. The cuffs aren't a contrasting color, the numbers aren't outlined in black for visibility's sake, and we can't even slap the SoW on the sleeve for TV or photos to create that brand recognition we so desire (and need). They didn't even use the unique athletic number font that was designed back in 2004 or 2005 and used on the 05-06 jerseys. There's zero personality here. Authentic jerseys won't cost the normal $120+, they'll cost $40 and about 5 minutes with a sewing machine.

And that lack of personality continues in the helmet that also has no outline to make the words stand out. Scoring an authentic helmet for your NT Room won't be a feat, since you can make one yourself with a can of too-light green paint, a basic stencil, and a can of white Krylon.

Seriously, these don't say "old school trench warfare" football, they scream "boring, bland" football, regardless of how we actually play. When thousands see our highlights on TV, they'll joke that we spent all our money on the stadium and didn't have enough left for decent uniforms.

You can't please everyone, I guess...

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Appears that the players love the new uniforms. I think that is probably the more important view whether a few "fans" like them or not. Like so many things here on GMG.Com and in life in general, people are quick to criticize even before they have all the facts...in this case, even before they have personally seen them in person.

I think the majority here have expressed satisfaction with the uniforms and certainly the team has (if reports from the team and players are to be believed...I think, yes). As has been said, you simply cannot please everyone. If the team feels good in these uniforms, that's all I need to know.

However, put me down in the "I like" column.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Are you guys all color blind? Damn.

You laugh, but let me try to explain what it's like. I recall going to a baseball tournament at Baylor a couple years ago. During the night game, under the stadium lights, I asked my daughter why she thought it might be that Baylor was wearing black jerseys. She tilted her head, "Um. Dad. They're yellow."

I walked down the steps to get closer to the field. BAM! Instant bright gold jerseys! Walk back up to my seats, black again. I'm a real fun ride at traffic lights. Let me tell you.

In other words, unless some person is going to buy UNT stuff for me, I will NEVER have the correct shade of green, because to me they're ALL THE SAME!

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1