Full Uniform

UNTflyer

In other words, unless some person is going to buy UNT stuff for me, I will NEVER have the correct shade of green, because to me they're ALL THE SAME!

Yep, I think we are called the Mean Green, not the Mean Kelly Green, or the Mean Mint Green. One of my favorite shirts is a dark (Forrest??? I don't know, I'm not a girl) green polo. Since it is one of my favorites, I wear and wash it a lot, so the green isn't as dark as it used to be. But, it still has the SOW and "Mean Green" on it.

• Downvote 1

I asked my daughter why she thought it might be that Baylor was wearing black jerseys. She tilted her head, "Um. Dad. They're yellow."

There's your problem. Not colorblindness... Disobedience and back sass.

If you said they were black, then they were black. Any kid that contradicts you gets whupped with a switch. Period, end of story.

I see now that I've been doing it wrong this whole time! Thank you for enlightening me, fine sir!

I'm also told that a back-of-the-palm slap with your ring hand can produce effective results.

Trying to test these techniques without children of my own... Well, let's just say that our modern society is very intolerant of scientific inquiry. Even when everyone else in the restaurant was annoyed, too.

No one cares what non UNT fans think about OUR uniforms. True story.

Then ask UNT fans. Poll our student body.

My comment was about which uniforms look better. The new Nike's or the UA. Sometimes fans like things for no other reason than because it belongs to their team. I said to ask non-UNT fans because then you could get an unbiased opinion.

I don't hate our new uniforms (even though I think they could have been much better). All I'm saying is that the Dodge era jerseys look better than the new ones, and I think most people would agree.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 12

My comment was about which uniforms look better. The new Nike's or the UA. Sometimes fans like things for no other reason than because it belongs to their team. I said to ask non-UNT fans because then you could get an unbiased opinion.

I don't hate our new uniforms (even though I think they could have been much better). All I'm saying is that the Dodge era jerseys look better than the new ones, and I think most people would agree.

Don't agree, couldn't stand the Southlake unis. Just me.

New ones are better but they don't wow me either. Hope we have all white road unis.

Either way, just get here Sept 1st for cryin out loud.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think many here are blinded by their hatred for Dodge and their love for Mac.

If Mac came out with pink tutus for uniforms, we'd hear the exact same comments.

"Love it, what a clean, classic look, just what we needed, way to go Mac!"

Edited by GRN-WHT
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Gagree. Not a fan of the teal color.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No one cares what non UNT fans think about OUR uniforms. True story.

Absolutely 100% correct, sir. You have captured the brass ring. And to go one step further no one cares what non fans think about anything that is UNT.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If they hadn't changed the color after Dickey, none of this would be an issue. For years, it was the dark green. Now, it's all of these different shades.

Even the Nike hat I bought at the stadium a couple of weeks ago is a different shade than the new (McCarney) and old (Dodge) and older (Dickey) uniform colors. It's like Nike figured, "What the hell...it's green. They don't even know what color Green they want to be. This will do for this hat."

We want to be big and grow up - and facility-wise we have. It's time to go ahead and do so with colors and logos. If we are to shed completely the mid-major image, we won't redesign every time there's a coaching change.

Can anyone imagine a coach or athletic director being hired by Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, etc. and changing the logos and colors? No. And, the reason is, those programs are bigger than any athletic director or coach.

Establish a logo - a real logo - and one color and be done with it forever. Please. If we're going to sit at the grown up table, we have to act like grown ups.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1