Anyone see A-Rod's play tonight?

He made a tough diving stop near the second base bag and made a no-look from the glove toss while on his back to second for the force. It was also late innings with the bases loaded and got the Rangers out of a jam in that inning (ended up losing dry.gif ). Amazing play, might end up being the top play by an infielder all year.

i flock to college football message board because im attention starved

Sounds accurate. Otherwise you wouldn't post that the Astros are better than the Rangers for no reason, or that Metallica is the worst band ever for no reason. I know you will call me anal or something and then act like you are the victim of some unwarranted attack, but it is true. If you did not see A-Rod's play you don't have to post in the thread about an unrelated topic. If you do not like Metallica, you don't have to post that they are the worst band ever. You bring it on yourself, you are looking for threads like what this one has turned into (pointless bickering), because if you weren't you could very easily keep it from happening by moving on to the next thread.

Sounds accurate. Otherwise you wouldn't post that the Astros are better than the Rangers for no reason, or that Metallica is the worst band ever for no reason. I know you will call me anal or something and then act like you are the victim of some unwarranted attack, but it is true. If you did not see A-Rod's play you don't have to post in the thread about an unrelated topic. If you do not like Metallica, you don't have to post that they are the worst band ever. You bring it on yourself, you are looking for threads like what this one has turned into (pointless bickering), because if you weren't you could very easily keep it from happening by moving on to the next thread.

well yeah, because most of you are too anal. I brought up the astros to maybe spark a little baseball discussion. Sure A-Rod's a good player, but it was a baseball thread, so god forbid I try and talk baseball. How come when anyone else attempts to bring a different point of view for debate its ok, but when i do it all I want is attention? And here you are bringing up Metallica again when its already been buried, and the person my post was directed to, got some humour out of it. Now who's the one sparking pointless bickering?

By the way, no one was bickering until Zeke decided to flaunt an attack on me once again.

I think I should kill the Duck name and come back in a few days, weeks, or maybe months under an entirely new identity. When i go to the football forum or any other and bring up different points of view, they'll be used for actual discussion, and not a flame parade on me. You watch, I can guarantee that'll be the case.

If you want to talk baseball, that's great. Go to the home page link in my profile and post something about baseball.

I said:

I know you will call me anal or something and then act like you are the victim of some unwarranted attack

You said:

well yeah, because most of you are too anal.

...until Zeke decided to flaunt an attack on me once again

I called it. Everyone picks on you, you are just an innocent bystander who happend to post in the same thread as mean ol Zeke. rolleyes.gif

Seriously, you don't have to agree with the popular opnion on here to not get flamed. I go against the grain on several popular positions on here, and at first I approached a lot of them very similar to the way you are (if you saw the "greek" thread you know exactly what I mean). Then I figured out (probably the hard way...and you think you would have learned too taking an even harder route) that if you want people to read your posts which may not agree with them and not go after you, word it carefully because saying the wrong phrase-no matter the intention-can cause trouble because it is difficult to read intention with typed word. And more importantly I learned to pick your battles. I see crap on here every day I think is some silly BS but (despite my huge post #'s I really don't know how that happend) I usually don't post every time in adamant defiance of the thread's originator's intent. There is an established "platform" on this board, and I think a lot of it is silly, and there are posters that people line up around the block to ride thier d!ck$ and I am most certainly not one of those either, but I don't look for the trouble anymore and know that if I want the majority to respect my next opnion, it might be smart to keep it on the down low this time and not make an ass of myself. I don't think you need to change names, but you probably should stop looking to be the antagonist in every thread for the sole purpose of being the antagonist. I have agreed with many things you have said when you actually talked sports or things pertaining to the discussions, but the flair for the dramatic has really gotten old to me. Also, this post is so long it would make even the great PMG shake his head in awe.

I know, and I'll bet you do too.

Man, those are some viscious words, I can see how they could be an attack. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Seriously Duck, I've got nothing against you, but sometimes it is just a good idea to move on. You wanna talk about the Astros................start a thread about the Astros (but do this at the wrath of Cerebus, who frowns on non mean green talk). Opposing points of view are great, but the posters here can differentiate between another POV and something said to incite.

Zeke- it was really obvious what you were implying.

I think now we're more on the same page with that being said IronMan. I think the only thing people need to understand is not that i don't think when i post, but exactly what you said, i don't take the time to carefully avoid how people perceive my posts. If i wanted attention, something like "A-Rod sucks, Astros could kick the Ranger's a$$es" would have certainly done the trick. Instead I make a quick knock on how the Astros are competing just for a giggle. I dont mean to be an Andy Kaufman where I'm the only one who finds these sorts of things funny either, but i think that goes with people taking my comments a little too seriously.

right. because daddy didn't give me enough hugs when i was little so i flock to college football message board because im attention starved.

give it up, ive never done anything to you.

Come on Chip, lighten up a little! Your awfully sensitive to be one that likes to dish out the jabs so often. Remember, you get what you give.