History Will Be Made

KRAM1

Folks;

I just received notice of a historic event for UNT. The invitation was titled "History Will Be Made" and it refers to the announcement on August 15th of the single largest private commitment to UNT that it has ever received.

I am extremely excited about this and cannot wait to find out the details of this historic gift for the university.

Folks, GREAT THINGS are truly happening at UNT these days, and it is a great time to be a member of the Mean Green Nation. People are definitely noticing the greatness that is YOUR UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS!!!!

Be proud...be Green!

GO MEAN GREEN & WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!!!!!

:goodjob:

Click here to view the article

• Upvote 7

Enough with the tease, can you at least tell us if this relates to athletics or academics?

My bet is on the naming of the business school to Ryan.

nvm, just saw this moved to Football. My bet is now on the naming of the stadium :)

Edited by MDH

I hope it's baseball

If on the athletic side, I tend to agree. That, or a substantial chunk toward the football stadium; which, in turn, will also allow us to start up a baseball program posthaste.

If on the academic side, I hope it's research funding that will push us to Tier 1 status in that criterion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If on the athletic side, I tend to agree. That, or a substantial chunk toward the football stadium; which, in turn, will also allow us to start up a baseball program posthaste.

If on the academic side, I hope it's research funding that will push us to Tier 1 status in that criterion.

Maybe that's why the lettering on the outside of the stadium that says Univeristy of North Texas is so small. They left room for the Sponsor or Name of the stadium. They could have know that this was coming and planned ahead.

Edited by meangreenfreak
  • Upvote 5

It looks like this thread has been moved out of Football into the general "UNT News" forum...to me that would indicate a non-athletics donation. ?

I swear the first time I saw it was in UNT news, then Football, and now it's back to UNT News. Seems like Harry knows something about this donation :ph34r:

Folks, I have no indication of what the amount or the source or the purpose of this donation might be, and anyone who tells you what it is may well be into simple speculation, but there is "chatter" about several different areas including athletics and academics. So, let's just hold our jets and see. It is a big deal and one the University is handling in a big way with an announcement event. I found out as I was sent an invitation to the event through the Alumni Association as a board member. My wife and I are definitely going, and we are super excited for UNT.

Whatever it is...stadium, academics, alumni or a combination of some sort, it is a GREAT thing and will be an eventful and exciting day in the history of this great University of ours.

Let the speculation continue, but whatever it is, I am really happy to see the University beginning to pick up such support. man, this is great news.

Say what you will, but GREAT things are happening for UNT. WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Folks, I have no indication of what the amount or the source or the purpose of this donation might be, and anyone who tells you what it is may well be into simple speculation, but there is "chatter" about several different areas including athletics and academics. So, let's just hold our jets and see. It is a big deal and one the University is handling in a big way with an announcement event. I found out as I was sent an invitation to the event through the Alumni Association as a board member. My wife and I are definitely going, and we are super excited for UNT.

I didn't get an invitation... :(

• Upvote 2