WAC Still Chasing UNT

MeanGreen61

Off the Bobcat board. thread started by board moderator Jack. He is constantly contacting sources and seems to have some fairly accurate info.

"I've been working the last two days and I have some news to share.

The WAC is not done trying to sway ULL and UNT. Other schools of interest are Portland State, Cal Poly, Lamar, Montana, Montana State, Sacramento State, and UC-Davis. Not only is UTA and their new arena a nice addition to the conference, ULL and UNT may be persuaded to look at a travel division with three schools in Texas, LA Tech, and either New Mexico State or each other."

http://bobcatreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1662

time to take a serious look at it if ull comes along. the sunbelch does nothing for us.

we could have easy road games and instant rivals with latech, tx st, and utsa. we have none in the sbc.

We don't belong in a conference that has non-regional non-football members.

Edited by MDH
  • Upvote 1

Most people can understand the word NO but evidently Mr. Benson of the WAC doesn't

understand us constantly saying NO to him. Hopefully one day he will get the message.

I only hope we impress everyone including everyone at Conference USA when we open our

new stadium against Houston.

GO GREEN !!!!!! GO UNT

The deal with going to the WAC is future series with TxState and a bag of M&Ms.

I, for one, demand some Skittles. Raise the bar, folks.

Skittles and some Tropical Fruit Bubblelicious.

I was wondering if the additions of the Texas schools would be a ply to lure NT to his hotel room.

time to take a serious look at it if ull comes along. the sunbelch does nothing for us.

we could have easy road games and instant rivals with latech, tx st, and utsa. we have none in the sbc.

Easy road games don't mean jack if they are the bottom of the barrel. Let's set the bar a little higher.

Easy road games don't mean jack if they are the bottom of the barrel. Let's set the bar a little higher.

we are already members with the bottom of the barrel ranked teams. Why not play some in-state doormats instead of traveling to florida or kentucky to play them?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't think the teams in the SBC can be called the bottom of the barrel when there are teams moving up to D-1 and one of those schools has yet to even play a down of football.

I'm all for a regional conference, I would just rather us focus on improving our program and if/when tu leaves the Big 12, form a conference with what is left after atm, uo, etc leave.

I don't see the benefit of playing in a conference with Idaho, Wyoming School for the Deaf, and whoever else is in that shell of a conference, JUST for a close road game every other year, while all of the other road games require a flight with a major airline into a major airport, then taking a stick of gum airplane for two hours just to get within driving distance of the game.

We are beginning to sound like the LaTech/Sun Belt diabribes on Bulldogs, Barks & Bytes.

In time and when all the right pieces of the puzzle are in place on campus, UNT needs to do a student body sweep run toward the MWC.

Unless we want to merely blend in with all the rest of the rest of the Texas FBS schools, we need to copy the TCU model although in my heart I know we won't.