Riley Dodge Update

Harry

http://www.beauregarddailynews.net/features/x121479503/Cowboys-have-experience-at-QB

“He’s a natural athlete,” said Leger.  “He can be very elusive as a runner and he has a great knowledge of the game.”

During his two seasons at North Texas, Dodge was coached by his father  Todd who is now the quarterback coach at Pitt.

At North Texas, Dodge completed 311 of 479 passes for 3,187 yards and 20 touchdowns, connecting on 64 percent of his tosses.  He also ran for 716 yards.

In his rookie season he set a school pass percentage completion record of 69.0 and was named to the Sun Belt Conference all-rookie team.

Riley Dodge is no quitter. That kid is one tough QB and has a good deal of character. Good luck to Riley. I hope he earns the #1 spot and sets records galore for his team. Appreciate all you did for the Mean Green.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Riley Dodge is no quitter. That kid is one tough QB and has a good deal of character. Good luck to Riley. I hope he earns the #1 spot and sets records galore for his team. Appreciate all you did for the Mean Green.

tumblr_lffp50bv7O1qg7bz2o1_400.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

I just don't see how we can label him a quitter for choosing family over personal gain. It would be hard for anyone to work for someone who just fired your Dad.

Agree.... He tried when he was here... I respect that.... He had a valid reason to leave... good luck..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

I appreciate what he did but Riley Dodge is a quitter.... its a fact not an opinion. He literally quit the team, no denying that.

When things get tough in life you grit your teeth and you soldier on.... Riley was doing a good job of that until his daddy got fired.... Physical toughness and Mental toughness are 2 seperate things.... Physically Riley could take a hit and had alot of heart, but mentally he was weak. When things changed, life got difficult and daddy wasnt there no more. He could have stayed on and played WR without his dad, this is the real world we live in.

I only care for Mean Green and people who want to be here...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

I'm coming out of hiding to say QUITTER

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I appreciate what he did but Riley Dodge is a quitter.... its a fact not an opinion. He literally quit the team, no denying that.

When things get tough in life you grit your teeth and you soldier on.... Riley was doing a good job of that until his daddy got fired.... Physical toughness and Mental toughness are 2 seperate things.... Physically Riley could take a hit and had alot of heart, but mentally he was weak. When things changed, life got difficult and daddy wasnt there no more. He could have stayed on and played WR without his dad, this is the real world we live in.

I only care for Mean Green and people who want to be here...

People who transfer from UNT are by definition quitters.

People who transfer to UNT are wise young neb who have seen the errors of their previous choices.

Either that or walk up to George Odufuwa, look at him straight in the eyes, and call him a quitter.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1