UNT Season Opener @LSU 2012

Harry

Fingers cross that will be my first year at law school there. If so, I will be wearing green in a sea of purple and yellow.

They practice law in Louisiana? I thought they just lined up and yelled insults about each other's family trees...made up and then ate some fried 'gator and drank some 'shine together. Who knew?

Is it still based on the Napoleonic Code in Louisiana?

:thumbsu:

• Upvote 2

They practice law in Louisiana? I thought they just lined up and yelled insults about each other's family trees...made up and then ate some fried 'gator and drank some 'shine together. Who knew?

Wicked stereotyping here.....

But funny as hell. :goodjob:

Yea they still do.

And I never said anything about practicing in Louisiana haha.

Yea they still do.

And I never said anything about practicing in Louisiana haha.

Then why go to law school in Louisiana and study that Napoleonic Code stuff that isn't used anywhere but in the swamps of Louisiana? Plenty of great law schools in Texas, and I'll bet you could get into just about any one you wanted. Besides UNT needs you sitting in your seat at Fouts for ALL the home games. Looking at the bright side, you will probably raise the IQ of the whole state several notches just by showing up at LSU Law.

Ragarding future so called "body bag" games, I'd like us to go 2 pricing levels. Option 1, $1 million each for 2 games and a return game in Denton. Or, option 2, $2 million per game with no game to be scheduled in Denton. If we can't cash in and/or get a big name school at our place, I'd just as soon play a SFA or West Texas State here and have a 6th or 7th home game.

The big name schools schedule us for only one reason. Let's make them pay.

• Upvote 1

If we're going to keep scheduling these body bag games can we at least spice it up a bit? It gets old getting your head kicked in by LSU, OU, Alabama, and Texas. Seems like we just rotate between these four. I would love to see us play at Kyle Field or "The Big House."

It will soon get spiced up with games at Georgia, Iowa, Florida, Arkansas and Tennessee.

Now that we have a visitor-worthy place I would rather us try to do a 2-1 with these larger programs instead of the one and done. If Smut can host A$M and Tech we should be able to also.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then why go to law school in Louisiana and study that Napoleonic Code stuff that isn't used anywhere but in the swamps of Louisiana? Plenty of great law schools in Texas, and I'll bet you could get into just about any one you wanted. Besides UNT needs you sitting in your seat at Fouts for ALL the home games. Looking at the bright side, you will probably raise the IQ of the whole state several notches just by showing up at LSU Law.

Fouts? :ass:

Fingers cross that will be my first year at law school there. If so, I will be wearing green in a sea of purple and yellow.

---If you are going to practice in Texas... you may have trouble with passing the bar... the Napoleanic code is very different... (son is a lawyer) .. Those who go to law schools outside of Texas have a lower passing rate anyway. Good luck... made sure and take the bar review courses here when you finish.

It will soon get spiced up with games at Georgia, Iowa, Florida, Arkansas and Tennessee.

Now that we have a visitor-worthy place I would rather us try to do a 2-1 with these larger programs instead of the one and done. If Smut can host A$M and Tech we should be able to also.

I don't believe SMU is hosting A&M, as that game got bought out because the Aggies are now playing Arky here every year. That said, your point about playing a team like Tech at home is much more doable now that we have a nice stadium to come to.

Those games you mentioned as being spiced up have only one name that I think we should have scheduled--Iowa. No-return games at the powers of the SEC and the Big XII early in the year are just ridiculous. I think we should take a body bag game against a Big Ten/Pac Twelve team that you might actually be able to compete with while getting the big check. To me, playing at Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, or Wisconsin just seems more advantageous to our program at this point than going to Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Georgia, or Alabama. Plus, I think that we could get a 2 for 1 with one of those Big Ten teams (eventually) faster than we could with one of those SEC teams.

Now if we are going to play those teams in this setup, then schedule them for later in the year. Troy almost beat Georgia and LSU on the road in November matchups when those teams have been beaten up, too. Watching us lose 58-0 at Baton Rouge, Austin, or Norman early in the year just gives the local media and fanbase more apathy, not to mention what it does to your team's morale and health. I just hate playing those schools while we are trying to actually build something here. Maybe gettting killed at Iowa is just as bad, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't be as bad as losing to a regional power that has major ties to Texas for recruiting and media coverage, not to mention the T-shirt fans that are actual UNT alums or students.

• Upvote 2

Can you still practice law in Louisiana by passing the bar without having attended law school? In Texas (many many years ago) you used to be able to work for an attorney and "read the law" and then go take the bar exam. I heard that they still did that in Louisiana.

Last I checked, seven states still have some varying method of becoming a lawyer without graduating from law school. I think they're all on the left or right coast, and that none of them are in the South other than Virginia. My grandfather was a Texas lawyer without spending a day in law school many moons ago, and my dad got a military exemption from having to take the Texas Bar Exam after graduation. Things aren't quite so easy these days.

Well, damn. I hate the away games vs. OU/UT/LSU/Alabama.

I don't mind so much playing the Big 12 on the road, but I've about had my fill of these SEC games. Unless of course we can schedule a Vandy team which hasn't been too bad themselves in recent years. That conference has just got too much all-around speed (among other things) for us to deal with at this point in time.