New Nike Stuff at UNT Bookstore

Green Dozer

The bookstore has a small section of Nike clothing. They had two Nike caps, green one in the pic, and a black one with the Nike emblem on the back. The t-shirts were gray. I did not see any Nike polos at the bookstore, just some left over Under Armour, Cutter Buck, etc. A clerk told me more of the Nike stuff was coming after they know more about the team's uniforms and sideline apparel.

IMG00094-20110708-1632.jpg

• Upvote 2

The bookstore has a small section of Nike clothing. They had two Nike caps, green one in the pic, and a black one with the Nike emblem on the back. The t-shirts were gray. I did not see any Nike polos at the bookstore, just some left over Under Armour, Cutter Buck, etc. A clerk told me more of the Nike stuff was coming after they know more about the team's uniforms and sideline apparel.

That's as close to a perfect hat as I've seen produced in a looong time. Nice and simple "NORTH TEXAS" and Mean Green. Big time programs don't have to have glitzy/gimmicky gear.....just tell em' who you are, and that should be enough.

Now, if the exes would only produce a cap just like this one with the NT exes logo on the front, and exes on the back...... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I saw that one and the black one when my son and I went in there this week. I tried it and the black one on. I really wished I had picked up that green one. I also love the plain style cap that is not all tricked up with crap and junk all down the side or on the bill. I wear a plain black one similar to the new Nike cap all over the place and people compliment it quite frequently. It was UNT Bookstore cap as well I purchased back in the Summer of '07. It's been to the top of Kitty Hawk launch site, to the Shuttle Vehicle Assembly Building and various NASA Centers, Civil War Battlefields, and has white paint on the top of it where I hit my head at Appomattox Courthouse. Everywhere I wear around the country people ask me if I'm Mean Green. Just my way oftrying to extoll the greatness of North Texas. It my be time for a new one however.

• Upvote 2

That's as close to a perfect hat as I've seen produced in a looong time. Nice and simple "NORTH TEXAS" and Mean Green. Big time programs don't have to have glitzy/gimmicky gear.....just tell em' who you are, and that should be enough.

Now, if the exes would only produce a cap just like this one with the NT exes logo on the front, and exes on the back...... :rolleyes:

Who are the "exes"? So, I assume you mean the UNT Alumni Association. Hasn't been the "Exes" for a few years now. So, would you buy one if we did? With the UNT Alumni logo on both the front and back? That Nike "swoosh" might have to be in another location owing to the shape and size of the logo. We might consider this IF we knew there was a big enough demand.

• Upvote 1

Who are the "exes"? So, I assume you mean the UNT Alumni Association. Hasn't been the "Exes" for a few years now. So, would you buy one if we did? With the UNT Alumni logo on both the front and back? That Nike "swoosh" might have to be in another location owing to the shape and size of the logo. We might consider this IF we knew there was a big enough demand.

I absolutely would.

Count me in

So exes is not on the NT star anymore?

Yes, if a cap was produced like the one above with the NT star on it, then it would sell very well. A pro-line representative told FFR and I that it would fly off the shelf several years ago. Rick still has an image from the original proposal.

Also something like this...

http://www.elonghorn.com/COLLEGE_Texas_Longhorns_Hats/Nike_Texas_Longhorns_Straw_Hat

with the NT star on the GREEN hat band, would look sharp.

Edited by SilverEagle

Get rid of that GOD AWFUL swoosh on the front, and that would be a GREAT HAT !!! :D

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

• Upvote 1

fitted or adjustable?