Feeler: UNT hat production

One of my brother's business ventures is an online hat store named snapbacks.com . For those of you who don't know, or don't remember, snapbacks are the style of hat with the plastic snap enclosures, rarely used since flex-fit, but have become enormously popular within the last couple of years - especially with HS and college aged kids. Because snapback hats were very popular in the past, most of the ones sold today have a retro look to them, with older logos being used.

Anyways, large schools are readily produced by the manufacturer but my brother can also make custom orders, but would need to produce a minimum of 72 hats. He has called upon me to get a feeler for demand, and if so, what you'd like to see on there. I'm not expecting 72 people on GMG even be interested, he'd be selling them on the website or through his retail store in Austin called NiceKicks

The company that makes these hats will put the school or team name in big block letters with a logo on the side of the hat.

Example of a Clemson hat

My idea:

NORTH TEXAS in block letters

Flying worm side logo (the original, not SOW)

Black hat

kelly green brim

lettering and logo in kelly green, outlined in white

Feel free to make suggestions, comments, concerns, etc. I'm hoping enough people are interested because I'd love to have a UNT snapback myself.

Good luck getting "the worm" approved by CLC or the Athletic Department.

Tell you what. If you manage to get it approved (and the design doesn't suck), I'll by two of them.

Agree.

My two cents: The correct Kelly/Emerald Green hat and brim with white top button and vent holes with North Texas on the front, SOW or Flyin Worm on the side with Block Mean Green over the SnapBack. Either way, I'm in for whatever your brother comes up with.

By the way, this thread needs to be moved to the Football page. Anyone who is willing to help us get our name and product out needs all the Mean Green Nation he can get.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1