The Green Grenade challenge

UNT96

I would like to perform an experiment on culture and society right here on this board. Everytime I see one of Green Grenade's ridiculous posts, I tell myself over and over again that I will not read it. I will not give him the satisfaction of seeing 29 views next to his post rather than 28. But, my curiosity gets to me and I think... maybe this is the one, maybe he finally will post something meaningful that is not rude, obnoxious, and degrateful to women. But alas, I click on it and scold myself soon after for being suckered in yet once again.

So my challenge is simple. I think the reason why I always give in to this guilty little pleasure is because others do. I look up there and see the usual PlummMeanGreen response and I see the 12 views and I think.. hmm, well I am not the only one still hoping for some sanity from this guy. Shortly after I am swearing off ever giving in to the temptation again.

So here is what I propose. A complete silent treatment. I don't think I can do this alone, kind of like going on a diet... I need some wingmen here. Now, if you MUST view his post (which would theoretically be BREAKING the boycott) at least do not respond to it, it only will encourage more of this behavior. But, I would be a very proud Mean Green fan if there could be a Green Grenade post with less than 5 views (you gotta believe he will read his own work at least 5 times)... and zero responses. So what do you say kiddos, can you do it?

I hear what you're saying. We want substance in posts when we click to read and some posters just can't perform. Unfortunately there are more than just GG, need I name names? ohmy.gif

Some try to entertain, some extoll facts, some just ramble, and some, well, some just want to be seen......on the internet. I fall into the same trap as you, thinking with certain posters, that this will be a meaningful post, only to be tricked again. I too have sworn off certain ones. <_<

We want substance in posts when we click to read and some posters just can't perform. Unfortunately there are more than just GG, need I name names?  

Some try to entertain, some extoll facts, some just ramble, and some, well, some just want to be seen......on the internet. I fall into the same trap as you, thinking with certain posters, that this will be a meaningful post, only to be tricked again. I too have sworn off certain ones.  

Ok, so which category do I fall into for you? Because I know for a fact that 90% of you could care less what I have to say. And that is fine. Cause that is what is great about message boards. You don't have to read the people you don't want to read and you don't have to care what other people have to say....but it makes me mad that so many people on this board only value about 3 people's opinions on this board and completely ignore the rest.

And I am not the only person who has noticed this trend on the board because several people have mentioned it to me as well.

I think everyone should have an equal chance to post what they want and an equal chance to be heard. smile.gif

I am not advocating any type of censorship or banning. Only an experiment in Mean Green Sociology with one particular poster. There are people that undoubtedly do not read my posts just as there are people that do not read Shane's posts. The majority of readers have given up trying to understand the Grenade posts, I am just wondering if it can go all the way to zero. I want to know if it possible. So you can choose to participate or tell our small but growing group to take a leap.

Personally I like your posts Eagle Chick.. plus you are a cool Eagle Chick in person as well. biggrin.gif

No one gives a rat's behind what I have to say...but, eh...who cares. *evil laugh* I think that's the one thing me and AFLAC have in common. Several people on this board could care less if we ever posted (or even existed)....but by God...we post anyway.

I've rarely read GG's posts anyway...so I guess I've been helping the cause for a while now. smile.gif

What gives here guys? I guess I don't understand the problem here with one of our fellow posters. So you don't agree with everything he says--does anyone?

To me GreenGrenade is just another Greenbacker who loves his school and badly wants to see it move forward.

"ive missed his 'degrading to women' posts,"

I don't seem to recall that either when I read his post. I mainly read them for comic relief........very absurd comic relief at that. rolleyes.gif

I know that I might get banned for this but,....... since when did a former fraternity member start worrying about the degradation of women? cool.gif

Just curious. rolleyes.gif

This little test in Mean Green Sociology isn't going to work, because I will be reading all of his posts. Mainly for his warped sense of humor, but also because he has a never say never attitude about UNT athletics. Mr. Spears did a great job for NTSU under Coach Fry, and he still has that passion for his alma mater. Give em' hell GG!

Sorry to skew the numbers, guys, but I will continue to read his posts also. I read everyones additons to the topics here. GG is a bit out there...true. However, he is also passionate about North Texas. I can sift through the posts meant for entertainment purposes to get to the ones that hit home.

I realize this experiment is mostly out of jest..at least that is what I hope? GG is important to the board, and to the group. Maybe our efforts would be better spent avoiding topics like "White Squirrells" for mascots? Personally, I need a laugh every now and then. Maybe some of his posts are over the edge, but he means well and is very committed. (and maybe he should be committed). Just kidding GG.

We talk Mean Green Football. That is our lot in life on this board, and all who do so are important. On the other hand, I would be more cautious about calling OU fans names when we will have to walk through them to get to and from our bus????? biggrin.gif

GMG!!!

Hmm, a very interesting turn of events in the giant Green Grenade experiment. No posts from the Grenade in 24 hours. Perhaps the mere challenge was effective after all. Well, we are about 36 hours away from the unveiling of Lochness Monster Stadium, I simply cannot wait!

This coming from the man that created the Random Green Grenade Post Creator! Which, by the way, is on the fritz right now. I was starting to miss the old booger so I thought I would use it to quench my appetite... but alas it is not working. I just saw that he posted minutes ago. I should have kept my mouth shut. But I am staying strong, I have not viewed it and I will not view it. But if someone else caves in, could you please not respond to it please.

Come on people, stop feeding the monkeys!

It has now been about 5 minutes since the latyest Grenade post and it has been viewed 30 times or so. There are not 30 people even on this board right now. Heck, 30 people have not even viewed his last post and it got 6 or 7 replies. This boycott is not going to be easy when Grenade keeps reloading the page to up the view count. Oh well, it was a good exercise in public opinion. Looks like there are 3 posters that actually enjoy his nonsense. More power to him, that is about how many people will see the next Dixie Chicks concert or watch the new Jeanine Garafolo sitcom.

Green Grenade, the Tim Robbins of GoMeanGreen.