New uniforms

greenbird

---UT uniforms are not fancy either but everyone quickly recognizes them... Even the longhorn symbol resembles a "T" as in Texas. I just hope we get something we can STAY with for a long time and personally would just like a crossed NT on helmet.. if not... then the current eagle symbol. The NT helps identify who we are if seen on TV or newscast such as ESPN. I like the eagle but it is a bit odd that we call ourselves "Mean Green" now but have an Eagle on the helmet. Sorta of confusing to people who don't know us well.

---People in business and marketing know you create a corporate symbol and stay with it... maybe make small changes but still about the same... it sells better. It seems A&M, Texas, TxTech and many other successful programs have used the same helmet design for forever.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It may be simple compared to what we've had recently, but I'd be shocked if there's not some level of modern piping included.

Traditional looks are reserved for teams with great tradition.

Well, traditional or "classic" looks are typically worn by schools with great traditions, but I don't think I would say that it was "reserved" for those schools.

I like a more classic look, but I don't like the over-simplified looks of Penn St. or Alabama. It looks like they ordered them from the 1959 fall J.C. Penney catalog.

Are we looking at something like the unis in this action photo from 1967?

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61037/m1/16/?q=football%20team

If so, just put the exes "NT star" on the helmet, and you've got a great look.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I like a more classic look, but I don't like the over-simplified looks of Penn St. or Alabama. It looks like they ordered them from the 1959 fall J.C. Penney catalog."

I see. So that's where Darryl Dickey purchased the all-black uniforms! <_<

Actually they would have been better looking if he had ordered them from J.C. Penney.

How about this style? I'm very fond of the look.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61035/m1/299/?q=football

• Upvote 1

You can call it "Traditional" all you want. What it really means is we're going with the cheapest design Nike offers.

Alabama has the Nike Pro Combat, and I can imagine it would look great in Green and White. I think we need to look like football players, not fairy's with fancy unis. I'm all about the simple pro combat: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/photos_of_alabamas_new_nike_un.html

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by EagleGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2