Tags for Sons of Confederate Vets.

Regardless of the arguments of what the flag stands for, who was fighting for what reasons....

Why would anyone want to be associated with these dipshits?

kkk.jpg

For the sake of argument, what if those dipshits were carrying Texas state flags or, as they often do, American flags? Would displaying either of those flags mean you are associating with them?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

always personal attacks....you should use some of your energy to humble yourself to look up the information.

the difference between you and posters like Silver Eagle, Screaming Eagle and EulessIsMore is that they engage in intellectual conversation and no personal attacks on members and their families. You, CBL, have a history of attacking the person instead of the post.....we call it "Intellectual Bankruptcy." I would much rather sit down and have burgers and beer with Silver, Screamin', and Euless knowing that the conversation would be civil than someone like you who would degerate into personal attacks when they discover that they are wrong. Perhaps one day you will learn that lesson.

If you're not going to answer the questions from other people asking you to list sources besides the nebulous internet, aren't you just as guilty of grandstanding/obstructing the issue/being insane? You cant write a term paper and cite the library (and if you can, I'm kind of pissed to just be learning this now.) We're just notseeing what you are...

To paraphrase the great SilverEagle, you're getting out-talked.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

always personal attacks....you should use some of your energy to humble yourself to look up the information.

the difference between you and posters like Silver Eagle, Screaming Eagle and EulessIsMore is that they engage in intellectual conversation and no personal attacks on members and their families. You, CBL, have a history of attacking the person instead of the post.....we call it "Intellectual Bankruptcy." I would much rather sit down and have burgers and beer with Silver, Screamin', and Euless knowing that the conversation would be civil than someone like you who would degerate into personal attacks when they discover that they are wrong. Perhaps one day you will learn that lesson.

Where did he really attack your family? You brought your family into the discussion, and then he said if your son believes the crazy nebulously cited "internet history", then he would also be wrong. I don't consider it attack on someone to say they are wrong, maybe some with a "revisionist" view of the word attack may think otherwise.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

For the sake of argument, what if those dipshits were carrying Texas state flags or, as they often do, American flags? Would displaying either of those flags mean you are associating with them?

That's a good question, and most people's answer is no. But the difference is the perceived amount of people who us the US flag and the 'Confederate Flag" as part of their visual language, and what percentage of them (or at least perceived amount) is racist.

The US flag is probably used by a far larger population and a far more diverse population than the other flag. As such, its odds of being associated with racists/etc., is far lower. If you see 1000 people with a flag (and I use "see" not, "there are" for a reason), of which 1 is a racist, it's hard to see the other 1000 as racists. One is more than likely to be seen as a patriotic American with a US flag.

However, the 'Confederate Flag' is often seen in use by racist groups, and in many cases, what many would call hicks. If you see 10 people with this flag of which 1 is a racist, it's easier for someone's brain to draw a conclusion that they're a racist. One is more than likely to be seen as any number of rural/southern stereotypes when seen with this flag.

A lot of it is perception and relative representation. We do it all the time when we meet 1000 UT fans of which many are douchebags and hope that they don't represent the 1 UT fan we sit with at lunch or at work.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Man, my bride and I go to England for a wedding and some fun, and a thread about the "Stars and Bars" and slavery and all that starts up! That will teach me not to leave you guys on your own for any length of time. You simply must have adult supervision!

:phew: I am not touching this one with a ten foot pole! Ha! But.......

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Man, my bride and I go to England for a wedding and some fun, and a thread about the "Stars and Bars" and slavery and all that starts up! That will teach me not to leave you guys on your own for any length of time. You simply must have adult supervision!

:phew: I am not touching this one with a ten foot pole! Ha! But.......

GO MEAN GREEN!

Well, look at the bright side. At least it gave you an opportunity to mention your world travels....... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Well, look at the bright side. At least it gave you an opportunity to mention your world travels....... :rolleyes:

It was a shot at a bit of humor. Leave it to you to find something to be critical about. It must take a lot of energy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It was a shot at a bit of humor. Leave it to you to find something to be critical about. It must take a lot of energy.

Critical?!?! I said "look at the bright side" didn't I?

And for the record, poking fun at you takes no effort at all.

Notice I said fun? Nothing negative there....... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Critical?!?! I said "look at the bright side" didn't I?

And for the record, poking fun at you takes no effort at all.

Notice I said fun? Nothing negative there....... :rolleyes:

And, anyone who believes your post wasn't a shot and negative, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to them about buying. It is what it is, and it takes no intelligence at all to figure out your motives....usually critical and/or negative...but carry on.

Look at the bright side, Silver, your negativeness is nothing unusual...see I said, bright side too. Funny, isn't it? "Funny", now how could that be negative, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Right, it was used as a rep for confederate regiments in Texas, and had a good history behind it. I guess my point is, if your from Texas and want to take some kind of pride in being Texan and want to show your southern pride, what's wrong with the Lone Star Flag. Why would anyone in Texas want to fly the Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia...ie "The Rebel Flag"?

Rick

I agreed with your above reply until what appears to be a statement equating Texan pride and "southern pride." Maybe it wasn't meant as such, but Texans and southerners are not the same. Further, to associate the Lone Star Flag with southerners appears to downplay the contribution that many Tejanos (or Texicans) and other non-southerners have made to the unique culture of this Great State.

Texas did not need the south, but the south needed Texas. And if Sam Houston had his way, the Lone Star State would not have seceded.

Personally, I think the rebel flag represents a group of folks who tried to break up this Great Nation, therefore, that flag should hold no place of honor among true Patriots.

!Viva Tejas!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

I'm elgible but I wont't go there. And ask SUMG, I am an unabashed supporter of Herman Cain for President but.

...hellsbells, I get into enough trouble on this board already expressing my opinions based on my experiences as a 38 year alum of UNT without getting involved with the Sons of Confederate Vets. (My great-great grandfather from Alabama on my mother's side of the family fought in that war wearing the gray, was captured at the Battle of Chickamaga (sp?) but escaped from the Yanks). Guess I'm here today because of that happening.

I am proud of my past affiliations with the "Sons of the Republic of Texas" and the Texas Historical Society, though.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• 3 months later...