Kudos to Ticket Sales Rep

MDH

After reading much criticism surrounding our season ticket sales efforts, I thought I'd provide some assurance that we have some people in the department doing a good job.

I joined the Facebook event group for the first game at the new stadium I suggest you 'attend" as well , and posted that I would be buying 8 season tickets this coming week. Soon after posting I received a message from an Elizabeth Laupus, a ticket sales rep in the dept. I assume she had clicked on my profile and saw I was a recent grad, so she made sure I knew about the recent grad program.

After I replied telling her I was aware, she then pitched the Mean Green Club to me and made me aware of a new MGC program for recent grads.

"The MGC parking passes will be at Victory Hall by the stadium. We have a progressive plan for new graduates.

If you graduated in:

2011 - $25

2010 - $50

2009 - $75

2008 - $100

2007 - $150

You will progressively move up the ladder each year until you are no longer a "Young Alumni" and would move into the $250 MGC plan. "

I was not aware of this and will definitely be joining, well worth my $50 (2010 grad). Hopefully this will encourage more recent grads to buy in.

There are currently 3,721 people attending this event on Facebook, I'm sure I am not the only one that has been sold on the MGC or season tickets as a result.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

After reading much criticism surrounding our season ticket sales efforts, I thought I'd provide some assurance that we have some people in the department doing a good job.

I joined the Facebook event group for the first game at the new stadium I suggest you 'attend" as well , and posted that I would be buying 8 season tickets this coming week. Soon after posting I received a message from an Elizabeth Laupus, a ticket sales rep in the dept. I assume she had clicked on my profile and saw I was a recent grad, so she made sure I knew about the recent grad program.

After I replied telling her I was aware, she then pitched the Mean Green Club to me and made me aware of a new MGC program for recent grads.

"The MGC parking passes will be at Victory Hall by the stadium. We have a progressive plan for new graduates.

If you graduated in:

2011 - $25

2010 - $50

2009 - $75

2008 - $100

2007 - $150

You will progressively move up the ladder each year until you are no longer a "Young Alumni" and would move into the $250 MGC plan. "

I was not aware of this and will definitely be joining, well worth my $50 (2010 grad). Hopefully this will encourage more recent grads to buy in.

There are currently 3,721 people attending this event on Facebook, I'm sure I am not the only one that has been sold on the MGC or season tickets as a result.

Nicely done sir! I appreciate your efforts and hope you'll make the same pitch on Elizabeth's behalf to all your alumni friends.

8 season tickets, go big or go home.

Nicely done sir! I appreciate your efforts and hope you'll make the same pitch on Elizabeth's behalf to all your alumni friends.

8 season tickets, go big or go home.

Besides myself and LAZER, 6 in my group NEVER attended a UNT football game while going there. We're definitely going to have a record breaking attendance year.

• Upvote 4

If you graduated in:

2011 - $25

2010 - $50

2009 - $75

2008 - $100

2007 - $150

So since I graduated in 2010, I can get a parking pass for $50?

So since I graduated in 2010, I can get a parking pass for $50?

Yep. I'm sure there are other benefits as well - I'm not sure what "level" of MGC benefits we will receive as recent grads - I have asked this question.

If you graduated in:

2011 - $25

2010 - $50

2009 - $75

2008 - $100

2007 - $150

That's interesting, Mark. Based on the info she gave you, I could have gotten in as an '08 grad for $100. Unfortunately, the ticket agent I worked with was apparently unaware of this program. She knew I was a recent grad, as those were the season tickets she was working with me to purchase, yet said the only option I had was the full $250.

I am bummed to hear about something I was not offered that I would have done, but at least one of the agents (Elizabeth) is aware of the program!