North Texas Signs French Player

DeepGreen

Weren't we looking for a shooting guard? How about a 6'8 shooting guard?! I would think he'll actually play more of the 3.He should be able to give us some options on the floor though with that size. How about rolling out a line-up with 3 versitle 6-8 players on the floor.

Edited by H-towngreen

Agree w/6-10. Saw a small amount of You Tube. JJ is just filling out the roster. Kid was never on the floor during crunch time.

May be a spare part, but his juco numbers were twice as good as last year's one man recruiting class. Not sure how valid your observations are based on a small amount of You Tube. Obviously, not highly sought after being available this late in the recruiting process, but a low post player with any kind of game is apparently the best they can do. I just hope he wants to be a post player and not another big man with visions of three pointers.

He did led Lon Morris in rebounding but if you are to believe the stats reported, he only shoot 40% and hoisted up 87 threes only shooting 24%. Not exactly what this team needs.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Agree w/6-10. Saw a small amount of You Tube. JJ is just filling out the roster. Kid was never on the floor during crunch time.

I think this kids adds what many consider to be a necessary complexion to our offensive attack.

Now I want JJ to get after the biggest, meanest, monster that we can sign for the power forward / center position with the final scholarship. 6-8 230 lb school-hopping Karron Johnson may no longer be available as both West Virginia and Iowa State are competing for his services, but there are certainly other capable impact players out there without accepting 'roster filler'.

Remember, if you can't get them into school, then they will not hurt your APR score. If you can get them eligible, their contribution may be the difference that would get the team though games like UALR in the conference tournament, and possibly even further.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

May be a spare part, but his juco numbers were twice as good as last year's one man recruiting class. Not sure how valid your observations are based on a small amount of You Tube. Obviously, not highly sought after being available this late in the recruiting process, but a low post player with any kind of game is apparently the best they can do. I just hope he wants to be a post player and not another big man with visions of three pointers.

He did led Lon Morris in rebounding but if you are to believe the stats reported, he only shoot 40% and hoisted up 87 threes only shooting 24%. Not exactly what this team needs.

Uh oh, if CBL hated Jacob chucking 3s... :unsure:

On paper I think this kid looks good. His ability to rebound and 3+ assists per game impress me the most.

I also hope we are able to pick up a monster big man with the last ship.

I like basketball, but after the way last season ended, and with the talent coming in, I'm really looking forward to next season. If Dodge were still here, and we were not opening our new football stadium, I'd be ready to start playing now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On paper I think this kid looks good. His ability to rebound and 3+ assists per game impress me the most.

I also hope we are able to pick up a monster big man with the last ship.

I like basketball, but after the way last season ended, and with the talent coming in, I'm really looking forward to next season. If Dodge were still here, and we were not opening our new football stadium, I'd be ready to start playing now.

We have two ships left...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

We have two ships left...

Unless I am missing something big, we only have one left. These players will be on scholarship next year:

1. Jordan Williams

2. Alzee Williams

3. Chris Jones

4. Trey Norris

5. Forrest Robinson

6. Tony Mitchell

7. Jacob Holmen

8. Kedrick Hogans

9. Alonzo Edwards

10. Nikola Stojilikovic

11. Brandan Walton

12. Roger Franklin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unless I am missing something big, we only have one left. These players will be on scholarship next year:

1. Jordan Williams

2. Alzee Williams

3. Chris Jones

4. Trey Norris

5. Forrest Robinson

6. Tony Mitchell

7. Jacob Holmen

8. Kedrick Hogans

9. Alonzo Edwards

10. Nikola Stojilikovic

11. Brandan Walton

12. Roger Franklin

Mitchell isn't officially on scholarship...Skiver's just being a douche.

• Upvote 5

1. Jordan Williams

2. Alzee Williams

3. Chris Jones

4. Trey Norris

5. Forrest Robinson

6. Tony Mitchell

7. Jacob Holmen

8. Kedrick Hogans

9. Alonzo Edwards

10. Nikola Stojilikovic

11. Brandan Walton

12. Roger Franklin

So, just looking at that list gives me both a huge urge to see the calendar move quickly so we can get to the first home game and a bit of worry about how this team might not live up to it's promise. Ah, to be a Mean Green fan.

JucoJunction

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=1425

CoachKotter

Post #55

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: Lon Morris JUCO F Nikola Stojiljkovic to UNT Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasted scholarship. Soft on the interior and too inconsistent from perimeter. Will see very limited minutes and by conference play in January will be on end of the bench. Not Sun Belt ready..

Posted on 6/11 10:31 PM | IP: Logged

Edited by Cooley

Mitchell isn't officially on scholarship...Skiver's just being a douche.

We had two before Knox left.... so how does that math work? I could be mistaken but all year people kept track of the amount and when we had 2 when Knox left and then signed the french kid which leaves us back at 2...

• Upvote 1

We had two before Knox left.... so how does that math work? I could be mistaken but all year people kept track of the amount and when we had 2 when Knox left and then signed the french kid which leaves us back at 2...

I think you're forgetting the addition of Franklin. Mitchell will be on ship once he is eligible. That currently leaves us with 1 open ship

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1