Mystery Recruit

Harry

We think the new football transfer from Arkansas is offensive guard Cam Feldt (6-4, 295). It appears he redshirted his freshman year at Arkansas.

Ryan Calendar's Scout Profile

Calendar is from Caddo Mills.

Cam Feldts Scout Profile.

Feldt is from Pilot Point.

Feldt's dad Blake is the new head coach at Hays and was the head coach at Celina prior.

Click here to view the article

Vito confirmed via Mac that they have given another scholly. My guess is it will be a defensive tackle from a Juco that is a late qualifier meaning he will not be eligible until the Fall. If anyone comes across anything on the news wire let us know. GMG!

There is an Arkansas Lineman Transfer, not sure which side of the ball, that showed up for summer workouts yesterday. Working on a name and position, Good sized guy.

• Upvote 2

There is an Arkansas Lineman Transfer, not sure which side of the ball, that showed up for summer workouts yesterday. Working on a name and position, Good sized guy.

Good info!! Thank you for sharing!! +1!!

Here's what I found, and I've bolded the primary suspects. Keep in mind some of these descriptions are based on sour grapes/rationalization whenever a player leaves the program.

The departed are:

* Lance Ray, wide receiver who missed spring drills while suspended for a misdemeanor drug possession charged, and who was buried deep on the depth chart at the team’s most talent-rich position.

* Ryan Calender, a tall defensive end who hadn’t shown much. Coaches take flyers on players like Calendar hoping that the project develops into a college player.

* Austin Moss, a oft-injured linebacker who played special teams as a true freshman, then redshirted last year. Didn’t see much of him in spring.

* Cam Feldt, an offensive guard who didn’t crack the two-deep depth chart during the spring.

* Seth Oxner, a one-time starter at center from Monticello, beaten out last year by a redshirt freshman, and planning to transfer down to UAM where he’ll have immediate eligibility.

* Eduardo Camara, a backup kicker unlikely to see the field until Zach Hocker graduates in three years.

Colby Berna, an offensive lineman, isn't leaving the program but won't play anymore due to a chronic shoulder injury.

Four of those players are from Texas. One is a Texas high school coach’s son. These situations leave hard feelings, and if Arkansas is to make any inroads into recruiting Texas with any success, sending Texas players back home after two years isn’t helping. In every case, though, one can point out that none of those players looked like they would figure in the 2011 plans.

http://www.arkansassports360.com/24918/harris-hog-roster-attrition-to-be-expected-but-still-disappointing

Just wanted to point out that Cam was a Rival's 4-star recruit when picked up by Ark. If this is true.......this is great great news.

Our new starting left tackle?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/northtexas/football/recruiting/player-Cam-Feldt-84716

About Feldt: The left tackle helped lead Pilot Point to a 2A state championship. He graded out at 90 percent and didn't allow a sack. He had 104 pancake blocks and was named first-team 2A all-state. He helped pave the way for running back Jarman Johnson, who rushed for 2,978 yards and 41 TDs.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/all-area/20091230-All-Area-Football-Offense-6843.ece

(Other sources say he was a right tackle at Pilot Point).

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

Would this guy, whoever he is, be eligible to play THIS YEAR?

My understanding is that if you transfer from a I-A (FBS) school to another I-A school you must sit out a season. If he were transferring to a I-AA (FCS) school he would be eligible to play right away. The only caviat is if there is a hardship ie Roger Franklin in hoops where he had a family illness that required him being closer to home.

If this news is true, this is a very good sign for our program. There are tons of quality athletes who leave the DFW area and want to come back home. This has been an area where programs like Tulsa, TCU and U of H have excelled in recent years. If Mac can position North Texas as a great place to play football close to home it will pay dividends.

"He helped pave the way for running back Jarman Johnson, who rushed for 2,978 yards and 41 TDs."

I dug and dug....and still cannot find any info about where Jarman went on to play ball at. Can someone tell us? Those stats are unbelievable.

Jarman is playing for Cisco Junior College as a wide receiver.

We think the new football transfer from Arkansas is offensive guard Cam Feldt (6-4, 295). It appears he redshirted his freshman year at Arkansas.

<a href='http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3766674' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Ryan Calendar's Scout Profile</a>

Calendar is from Caddo Mills.

<a href='http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3688980' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Cam Feldts Scout Profile.</a>

Feldt is from Pilot Point.

<a href='http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hays-hires-pilot-points-feldt-as-football-coach-1232052.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Feldt's dad Blake is the new head coach at Hays and was the head coach at Celina prior.</a>

Click here to view the article

Blake Feldt was the head coach at Pilot Point, prior to that he was at Bridgeport.

I saw both Cam and Callendar play in high school, both were pretty special players at that level. Callendar played with NT ex Dez Brigham and Nathan Jeffrey (now at UTEP) at Caddo Mills. Was really impressed by him, did not know he signed with Arkansas. Feldt was definitely the higher rated player coming out of high school. I'd be happy to get either one, if not both.

"He helped pave the way for running back Jarman Johnson, who rushed for 2,978 yards and 41 TDs."

I dug and dug....and still cannot find any info about where Jarman went on to play ball at. Can someone tell us? Those stats are unbelievable.

surely those are career stats. if that's a single season... daaaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn.

surely those are career stats. if that's a single season... daaaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn.

Single season. First team 2A All-stater

link w/info

Johnson finished with 2,408 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns to help lead the Bearcats to a perfect record and another District 10-2A title before their playoff run in which he racked up seven more touchdowns and 553 rushing yards.

He was even a guest on ESPN:

Local news coverage with video highlights and a great story about his father.

http://www.foxhilitesdfw.com/video/video/show?id=2190973%3AVideo%3A19114

Edited by greenminer