New Seat Selections For A Lot Of Fans Today

Harry

Thanks to the 4 year cap on priority point consideration for seat selection, I don't select until late tomorrow afternoon. How is seat availability looking from those that recently selected?

I selected at 3:50 p.m. yesterday (5/24) and I can tell you I was pleasantly surprised. If you will pardon the expression, it was wide open! :P

If you need up to four seats, it appeared to me that you could sit just about anywhere you wanted between the 45s, high or low. For some reason, we are an odd bunch who like to be constantly crawled over so we buy up the aisle seats. I personally like to be the crawler, not the crawlee so I am a few seats in from the aisle. I really had my pick of almost any row from top to bottom. Hope that encourages you a little.

Thanks to the 4 year cap on priority point consideration for seat selection, I don't select until late tomorrow afternoon. How is seat availability looking from those that recently selected?

You're going to get access to great seats. In between the 45's for sure (if that's where you are interested in sitting). Inside aisles on those middle sections are filled up, but lots of seats to choose from in the center of the 206 and 207 sections just off of the aisles.

Could someone comment with the information regarding how many seats are in each row, specifically for sections 104 and 205? I'm trying to figure out how many seats are split in the "tunnel" access part of the lower 3 rows.

I got seat 28 and 27 "on the aisle" in 207, row 8

For some reason, we are an odd bunch who like to be constantly crawled over so we buy up the aisle seats. I personally like to be the crawler, not the crawlee so I am a few seats in from the aisle.

I will be sitting with my 3 year old this year. Easy access to the potty is a priority. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Could someone comment with the information regarding how many seats are in each row, specifically for sections 104 and 205? I'm trying to figure out how many seats are split in the "tunnel" access part of the lower 3 rows.

If I remember correctly, there are 28 seats between aisles. I think there were 11 seats to the left of the "tunnel" and 11 seats to the right. So,in those lower rows affected by the tunnel you start on the south aisle at seat 1 and go to 11 before you get concrete; the row resumes on the other side at seat 18 and ends at the north aisle at seat 28. That is what I remember from yesterday. After you are up about 4 or 5 rows, the seating goes across. I am in 207, row 4, seats 5 - 8 but I think I could have gone across if I needed that many seats. It appeared to me that this would be accurate for all the sections above the walkway where the "tunnel" comes into play. Re-reading your post, I see you are more interested in the lower bowl. You don't have any "tunnel" to contend with until you get over to 103, unless I missed something.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

If I remember correctly, there are 28 seats between aisles. I think there were 11 seats to the left of the "tunnel" and 11 seats to the right. So,in those lower rows affected by the tunnel you start on the south aisle at seat 1 and go to 11 before you get concrete; the row resumes on the other side at seat 18 and ends at the north aisle at seat 28. That is what I remember from yesterday. After you are up about 4 or 5 rows, the seating goes across. I am in 207, row 4, seats 5 - 8 but I think I could have gone across if I needed that many seats. It appeared to me that this would be accurate for all the sections above the walkway where the "tunnel" comes into play. Re-reading your post, I see you are more interested in the lower bowl. You don't have any "tunnel" to contend with until you get over to 103, unless I missed something.

Thanks, you answered my (confusing) question. I'm considering either the lower bowl or section 205. I've always sat at the top row of lower level in Fouts in order to lean back on the railing and to easily get in/out. So, I'm thinking of the same here. But I'm also considering the row behind/beside the "tunnel" areas.

I have no idea how much seating is left for my appt. tomorrow, so I'm trying to get all of my 2nd, 3rd choices lined up. This is the frustrating part about not seeing the seat in person in that you have no idea how much leg room, etc. is in any of the sections. Seems like they could have taken a few "choice" still shots over the past week or so and posted these online, along with an actual seat number mapping of the whole stadium. It's not like they don't already have the map created. Just publish it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I picked my seats at 2:15 today. The seats along the aisle separating sections 206 & 207 were almost all filled about 4 - 8 seats deep, and Rows 9 - 13 of section 105 were filled with the exception of a few individual seats.

It's a matter of prioritizing. I decided that being closer to the 50 was more important than being up higher. My wife decided that she could deal with crawling past several people to get to our seats, if she could avoid having to climb the stairs to the upper bowl. So, we decided on section 105, row 8, seats 5 - 8. Being closer to the field is also is good for some of our friends who occasionally go with us who have eyesight problems.

BTW, The staff is cautioning that the first few rows in the upper bowl may have the view somewhat obstructed by the rails of the stairs (if you're not standing), but make your own decision.

I'm hoping that KingDL1 will be able to do another flyover before the season starts, and we can do a GMG seating chart like we used to have for Fouts!

I'm glad I made the decision to take a day off and drive up to pick rather than do it over the phone. There's no substitute for seeing the chart of what is actually taken / available.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 2

Got stuck in jury duty (WTF? Me?) so I couldn't get to Denton. Called and received a return phone call from Cooper Jones almost immediately. Selected 105, row 7, seats 1-3. Whole rows low in section 105 were still available. I was told most were choosing to sit in the second deck. Those brave enough to come join us in the rowdy zone, come on down!

I selected 105 Row 9,....four seats starting at #5.

BTW, The staff is cautioning that the first few rows in the upper bowl may have the view somewhat obstructed by the rails of the stairs (if you're not standing), but make your own decision.

Yeah. I am a little concerned about the railing. I took 3 seats on Row 1, Section 206 (seats 1 thru 3), without considering the railing as an issue. I have an 11 and 14 year old and they tend to take breaks every quarter. So, I like that they won't be bothering anybody at this location. My kids also like the idea of having a low-wall in front of them, instead of other fans. However, I do think the railing is going to hinder the view somewhat where we are located. There is really no way to tell how much until we actually get to view our seats in person. Hopefully, it won't be too bad.

I was very impressed with the entire process. I had not seen the inside of the new Athletic Center before. And, everyone was very friendly and helpful (especially Jon and Cooper).

Edited by akriesman

Any thoughts about the new chairbacks? I sat in the sample for a minute, and it is comfortable, but it isn't cushioned. At least it will be better secured, and won't go "crack!" when you sit down on it. And, it will be green.

I didn't even think to take a picture of it - can someone who's picking their seats today or tomorrow take one?

I wonder how much would it take (money) to install them permanently, at least in all of 105, 206, & 207?

I will be sitting with my 3 year old this year. Easy access to the potty is a priority. :lol:

Is that true or a figure of speech? I could've gotten behind you but I figured that you, Zeke, Rudy, medpilot et al would be standing the entire game and I couldn't do that. Good luck with the potty breaks.

• Upvote 1

Any thoughts about the new chairbacks? I sat in the sample for a minute, and it is comfortable, but it isn't cushioned. At least it will be better secured, and won't go "crack!" when you sit down on it. And, it will be green.

I didn't even think to take a picture of it - can someone who's picking their seats today or tomorrow take one?

I wonder how much would it take (money) to install them permanently, at least in all of 105, 206, & 207?

I've never paid for a seatback since I sat on the top row of Fouts and leaned on the railing. The new seatbacks are AWESOME!!!!! They are molded plastic seats that sit a couple of inches off the bench. This example isn't exact, but it gives a rough idea of the kind of seat. IIRC, ours have a bit taller "base". There isn't any padding. I'm not tiny and it was cofy to me.

Stadium_Seat.jpg

I wish I would have taken a picture. Again, why doesn't the Ath. dept. provide this kind of stuff on the web site?!?!? It takes 10 minutes to take a picture and put it online. I also suggested to them that they take a couple of pictures of the seating chart and put that online. Even if they did a couple of updates a week, it'd really help people. They see the chart everyday and I don't think they realize that we have absolutely no idea how/where the seating is filling.

At noon today, I was surprised to see how FEW seats had been taken. I expected a large portion of the lower sections to be gone. I don't remember the details, but I think only a small number had been selected in Section 103 for example.

BTW, for anybody that's interested, the Letterman's section is the lower half of Section 204. Also, there were a couple of other areas blocked off. I think it was 209 or 210 had something like visiting recruits or something and there was another section but I don't remember what it was for.

• Upvote 2

I've never paid for a seatback since I sat on the top row of Fouts and leaned on the railing. The new seatbacks are AWESOME!!!!! They are molded plastic seats that sit a couple of inches off the bench. This example isn't exact, but it gives a rough idea of the kind of seat. IIRC, ours have a bit taller "base". There isn't any padding. I'm not tiny and it was cofy to me.

Stadium_Seat.jpg

Louisville's baseball stadium has similar seats. They were quite uncomfortable in the later innings.

I got section 205. Row 1 seats 1-4 @ 10:00am 5/25. Rest of the section was wide open.

I got section 205. Row 1 seats 1-4 @ 10:00am 5/25. Rest of the section was wide open.

Interesting. I have the same exact seats in section 206 (Row 1, seats 1-3). What did you think about the possible railing obstruction ? I really don't think it will be a problem for us. But, we won't know for sure until we actually get to sit in the seats. No matter what, I can't wait !

I don't know if this will help folks that haven't selected yet or not, but here is a shot of which seats have been selected so far as of about 4pm this afternoon. Sorry about the flash reflection.

gallery_3776_24_56259.jpg

I wound up going with section 106, row 9, seats 2 - 5. Great experience.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 4

I really, really hate to say this, but it really goes to show how few MGC members there are. I think most of us expected to be struggling to find seats...

I agree. It's too bad that there are so few MGC members, but with the new volunteer rep program, the new athletic dept. staffers, the new stadium, the new coaching staff, the new Alumni Pavilion, etc., etc. these numbers should change for the better starting this season. My goal would be for the MGC memberships to cover the full scholarship costs for every scholarship athlete at UNT. This is the case at several universities that I am aware of, and I see no reason why it cannot happen for UNT.

As Coach mac is fond of saying, "Why Not North Texas!!!?"

This graphic goes a long way in demonstrating the challenge facing this program in building support. But, I do think UNT is better prepared now than ever before to meet this challenge. For far to long I have felt like the old "we have met the enemy and he is US!". This, my fellow Mean green nation members, can and must change. It's a new day...make it so!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know if this will help folks that haven't selected yet or not, but here is a shot of which seats have been selected so far as of about 4pm this afternoon. Sorry about the flash reflection.

gallery_3776_24_56259.jpg

I wound up going with section 106, row 9, seats 2 - 5. Great experience.

awesome...thanks for the pic! i go on tuesday, looks like i'll get something that i want!

if anyone else goes, please take a pic as well today...with no flash!