Who Tops Your Wish List?

emmitt01

Not a lot out there left , but ....

1) Dwight Miller

2) Kyan Anderson

3) Tre Davis ( might be available again)

4) KC Ross Miller :ph34r:

5) Ben Dillard

6 ) Luke Mergerson

7) Erron Chesterfield

I think if #1 doesn't work out , #4 will be coming to Denton

Edited by NT03

I am sure we did not try to recruit him because he is local but Doug Fryer from Argyle was undersized as a post player at 6-3 but was never out played - Fryer averaged 11.4 points per game-9.1 rebounds and two blocked shots - he was named to the first team District 9-3A and was all-region selection. If he is still available - he would be my pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I am sure we did not try to recruit him because he is local but Doug Fryer from Argyle was undersized as a post player at 6-3 but was never out played - Fryer averaged 11.4 points per game-9.1 rebounds and two blocked shots - he was named to the first team District 9-3A and was all-region selection. If he is still available - he would be my pick.

I don't think "he's local" is the reason we didn't recruit a 6'3" post from the 3-A ranks.

1. Jarred Shaw, 6-11 C OSU, Dallas Carter

Still at OSU but has not indicated that he will return. OSU signed another 6-11 Juco from Chattanooga St. last week.

Did not get much PT this past year and may not next year. Skilled big man that is too thin going up against the Big 12 Bigs.

Would be a very good Sunbelt post. (Hopefully, Roger Franklin is recruiting)

2. Shawn Glover, 6-6 SF. Utah, Cedar Hill HS

As talented as Jordan Williams. Committed too early to Utah. 2nd team All-Sunbelt type player

3. Thomas Gipson, 6-7 240 (Signed with KState) Cedar Hill HS (former teammate with Glover)

KState will oversign with the addition of two transfers this week. Gipson, in my opinion, will be looking to transfer over

the next 2 years. Oversigned with KState. Would be a 6-7 Keith Wooden at UNT. Too short for the Big 12 as a true center

4. KC Ross-Miller, 5-11 Dallas God's Academy

From a talent standpoint, would immediately move into the starting pg position. Poor advice from Dad/Coach.

5. Hold on to the scholarship

3. Thomas Gipson, 6-7 240 (Signed with KState) Cedar Hill HS (former teammate with Glover)

KState will oversign with the addition of two transfers this week. Gipson, in my opinion, will be looking to transfer over

the next 2 years. Oversigned with KState. Would be a 6-7 Keith Wooden at UNT. Too short for the Big 12 as a true center

Totally agree that he'll be in over his head at the Big 12 level, and that he's a reserve/role player at best for K-State.

But I don't see him bailing out, not until after at least a year or two in Manhattan. I've read a lot of updates about and quotes coming from him, and he's still got stars in his eyes for K-State. Martin liked him enough to ink him early, and I don't think they'll push him out of this year's class.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I don't think K-State is oversigning their class. They're using JUCOs to fill openings created by in-season departures, most notably by Freddy Asprilla and Wally Judge.

Not a lot out there left , but ....

1) Dwight Miller

2) Kyan Anderson

3) Tre Davis ( might be available again)

4) KC Ross Miller :ph34r:

5) Ben Dillard

6 ) Luke Mergerson

7) Erron Chesterfield

I think if #1 doesn't work out , #4 will be coming to Denton

I'm also leaning towards Miller, but would love to have a scoring SG to backfill McGhee. We don't really have that guy right now, unless JJ plans to use JWilliams there, or Alzee may move over there full time?

I'm also leaning towards Miller, but would love to have a scoring SG to backfill McGhee. We don't really have that guy right now, unless JJ plans to use JWilliams there, or Alzee may move over there full time?

I don't know if Jordan is capable of playing the 2 right now , but for fun let's just say he is

Talk about some nightmare matchup problems for opposing teams with this lineup on the floor

Alzee 6'4

JWill 6'6

Franklin 6'4

Mitchell 6'8

Hogans 6'7

DMiller 6'8 /

Holmen 6'8

I would love to add in another transfer , because there is a lot of talent out there. However , with Franklin and Mitchell not being a sure thing that would leave us with only 10 ship players going in. If NCAA grants Franklin the waiver and Mitchell makes the grade , then I'm with Cooley wanting Shaw in here

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Jarred Shaw, 6-11 C OSU, Dallas Carter

Still at OSU but has not indicated that he will return. OSU signed another 6-11 Juco from Chattanooga St. last week.

Did not get much PT this past year and may not next year. Skilled big man that is too thin going up against the Big 12 Bigs.

Would be a very good Sunbelt post. (Hopefully, Roger Franklin is recruiting)

PG Raymond Penn ( Richmond) is available again after leaving OSU

• Upvote 1

PG Raymond Penn ( Richmond) is available again after leaving OSU

There seems to be a lot of potentially good points available which is unusual. However, that is the one position that NT seems loaded. Not a lot of experience but two pure freshmen points guards coming in with Walton and Alzee also having played that position.

There seems to be a lot of potentially good points available which is unusual. However, that is the one position that NT seems loaded. Not a lot of experience but two pure freshmen points guards coming in with Walton and Alzee also having played that position.

Hayden Smith - from Sanger is also avaible - Hayden is a first team District 9-3A selection this season- Smith teamed up with John Johnson as one of Sangers top scorers while leading the team in rebounds - Smith averaged 10.6 points per game and 8.2 rebounds while shooting 44 percent from the floor.

Hayden Smith - from Sanger is also avaible - Hayden is a first team District 9-3A selection this season- Smith teamed up with John Johnson as one of Sangers top scorers while leading the team in rebounds - Smith averaged 10.6 points per game and 8.2 rebounds while shooting 44 percent from the floor.

Are you serious, or are you just a huge 9-3A fan?

This is the second player from that district you have mentioned as someone that would top your wish list for the final basketball scholarship. These guys would be lucky to walk-on at Northwestern State in Wichita Falls, let alone take up one of our valuable schollies.

• Upvote 1

This is the second player from that district you have mentioned as someone that would top your wish list for the final basketball scholarship. These guys would be lucky to walk-on at Northwestern State in Wichita Falls, let alone take up one of our valuable schollies.

Like to see local good players get a chance - they are just as good as the ones that have been mentioned - lets see who is picked by the staff and see how skills match up - my guess is that who ever we sign they will not have averaged more than 10 points per game and 8 rebounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like to see local good players get a chance - they are just as good as the ones that have been mentioned - lets see who is picked by the staff and see how skills match up - my guess is that who ever we sign they will not have averaged more than 10 points per game and 8 rebounds.

What's a roadruner?

I hope you've seen our incoming class. If not, let me highlight...

Please keep in mind, these guys (except Forrest) went against some of the best players in the state night-in and night-out.

Jordan Williams: PPG-29.7 RPG-9.5 (This is the kind of guy we're after)

Chris Jones: PPG-16.6 RPG-4.8 APG-6.9 (ok. Chris didn't have 8 rpg, but he's a PG)

Trey Norris: PPG-16.4 RPG-1.1 APG-3.7 (another PG)

Forrest Robinson: PPG-21.4 RPG-9.2 (Forrest is your closest comparison. This guy would run circles around the two you mentioned).

For comparison's sake, I included our JUCO and transfers' H.S. stats:

*Brandon Walton: I cant find his H.S. stats

*Tony Mitchell: PPG-20.5 RPG-13.2 (please)

*Roger Franklin: PPG-32.5 :o RPG-7.3 (This guy averaged 20 more ppg at DUNCANVILLE than the two you mentioned)

These guys are probably really good in 9-3A, but they don't have any offers from anyone and dont belong in the 31st ranked recruiting class in the NCAA.

• Upvote 3

Please keep in mind, these guys (except Forrest) went against some of the best players in the state night-in and night-out.

Chris Jones: PPG-16.6 RPG-4.8 APG-6.9 (ok. Chris didn't have 8 rpg, but he's a PG)

Forrest Robinson: PPG-21.4 RPG-9.2 (Forrest is your closest comparison. This guy would run circles around the two you mentioned).

*Roger Franklin: PPG-32.5 :o RPG-7.3 (This guy averaged 20 more ppg at DUNCANVILLE than the two you mentioned)

These guys are probably really good in 9-3A, but they don't have any offers from anyone and dont belong in the 31st ranked recruiting class in the NCAA.

I see room for a 6'3" post. Why do you hate local kids? They're local!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What he said.

That may be true...but the real question is what will they "average" for us? My guess is much more than either of the two guys you have suggested. That's what counts.

They would have to be better than lucky to find Northwestern State in Wichita Falls.

• Upvote 2