Franklin Talks About Unt

Never thought that SMU would be an option for him. I'm sure he would like to get out from under the shadow of Shawn Williams. TCU will not win anytime soon and having to endure those long flights to the East will not be fun. A large crowd for UTA is 1,200. This is a no brainer. I like Roger, but hope JJ address the post position first. Kids are backing out of commitments all over the place. Ray Penn (OSU) Kyan Anderson (Providence) Nolan Dennis (Baylor) and more to come....

• Upvote 1

We need a post. Cooley as usual is right about this.

We may not have a scholarship to spare for one, given the current distribution, unless it's a no-brainer player like Dwight Miller or another potential transfer from a BCS level school. This is not a great year for post recruits, and the competition is fierce for anyone left.

We have 5 of our 13 scholarships already committed to people recruited as posts. Hogans, Holmen, Edwards, Knox, and Forrest Robinson.

Tony Mitchell will almost certainly play facing the basket to develop as a future NBA 3, but he's 6'8" and going to be a 3/4 hybrid post for us. A lot of the top talent players rumored to be considering us are 3/4 hybrids with size, too. Roger Franklin is effectively a 6'5" post trapped in a wing's body, a lot like Kerusch and Pettegrew at WKU. Jarion Henry is either 6'6" or 6'7", but without a true post frame or a post game.

Unless we get Miller or that 6'10" type transfer center, someone we know will be an impact player as soon as they can get on the floor... I just don't think we can drop a ship on a post right now. And with the lineup we'll have, I really don't think we'd need to in order to get the most out of our talent.

Especially in a guard oriented league like the Sun Belt, there's a lot of precedent for a 1 pure post lineup being very successful, as long as you have good overall size and perimeter guys who can rebound and body up on 6'6" or 6'7" posts. Troy did it with great success in SBC play last year with Yamene Coleman as their only real paint presence. Western Kentucky did it in their NCAA tournament game winning teams, with Jeremy Evans in that inside role surrounded by big guards that could score. They won 3 NCAA games with that sort of lineup.

I think Kedrick Hogans is a good fit for that sort of approach. He rebounds and blocks shots, and he does most of his scoring on putbacks or cleanup situations. Hogans has a bigger body than Jeremy Evans did. We couldn't do a 1 pure post lineup with last year's roster (never work with Josh and Dom on the floor together), but next year by conference play we'll likely start Chris Jones at 6'2", Alzee Williams at 6'4", Jordan Williams at 6'6", Tony Mitchell at 6'8", and Kedrick Hogans at 6'7". We'll have an overall height advantage (a very significant one on the perimeter) over our opponents, with Mitchell capable of defending a post player and him and Jordan capable of scooping up rebounds.

Holmen/Edwards/Robinson subbing in as the 2nd line would be more than some SBC teams will have in their starting lineups. Healthy Edwards and year 3 of Holmen could both be breakout performances, too. Pairing them up (and Knox in there, too) and going with a more traditional 2 post floor lineup would make up for what we lose in size when 5'8" Trey Norris comes in to play PG.

I know everyone has gotten used to having George Odufuwa in there averaging a double double... But I don't think Quincy or Keith Wooden ever averaged double figures scoring, and I also don't think either of them ever came very close to averaging double digit rebounds. Size and rebounding can compensate for only using one real post player. We've seen it work for our league mates, in both the regular and the post season.

Don't get me wrong... I hope we get Dwight Miller to sign with us next weekend. But if we don't... I think that the weapons (and the height) we'll have on the roster next year would allow us to succeed with a very different approach than what we've seen in the past under JJ.

If we DO go with another post that isn't an immediate impact guy... We've got very limited depth at guard. Alzee, Jordan, Norris, Walton, Jones, and one more guard. 6 guys for 3 spots on the floor, with Alzee as the only guy that's ever worn an NT uniform before. As soon as someone tweaks an ankle or shows they need time before they can play decent minutes... We're right back in a situation like what we faced this past year. And people will be upset about why come we didn't learn our lesson and git sum pitchin' depth at the guard spot.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

We may not have a scholarship to spare for one, given the current distribution, unless it's a no-brainer player like Dwight Miller or another potential transfer from a BCS level school. This is not a great year for post recruits, and the competition is fierce for anyone left.

We have 5 of our 13 scholarships already committed to people recruited as posts. Hogans, Holmen, Edwards, Knox, and Forrest Robinson.

Tony Mitchell will almost certainly play facing the basket to develop as a future NBA 3, but he's 6'8" and going to be a 3/4 hybrid post for us. A lot of the top talent players rumored to be considering us are 3/4 hybrids with size, too. Roger Franklin is effectively a 6'5" post trapped in a wing's body, a lot like Kerusch and Pettegrew at WKU. Jarion Henry is either 6'6" or 6'7", but without a true post frame or a post game.

Unless we get Miller or that 6'10" type transfer center, someone we know will be an impact player as soon as they can get on the floor... I just don't think we can drop a ship on a post right now. And with the lineup we'll have, I really don't think we'd need to in order to get the most out of our talent.

Especially in a guard oriented league like the Sun Belt, there's a lot of precedent for a 1 pure post lineup being very successful, as long as you have good overall size and perimeter guys who can rebound and body up on 6'6" or 6'7" posts. Troy did it with great success in SBC play last year with Yamene Coleman as their only real paint presence. Western Kentucky did it in their NCAA tournament game winning teams, with Jeremy Evans in that inside role surrounded by big guards that could score. They won 3 NCAA games with that sort of lineup.

I think Kedrick Hogans is a good fit for that sort of approach. He rebounds and blocks shots, and he does most of his scoring on putbacks or cleanup situations. Hogans has a bigger body than Jeremy Evans did. We couldn't do a 1 pure post lineup with last year's roster (never work with Josh and Dom on the floor together), but next year by conference play we'll likely start Chris Jones at 6'2", Alzee Williams at 6'4", Jordan Williams at 6'6", Tony Mitchell at 6'8", and Kedrick Hogans at 6'7". We'll have an overall height advantage (a very significant one on the perimeter) over our opponents, with Mitchell capable of defending a post player and him and Jordan capable of scooping up rebounds.

Holmen/Edwards/Robinson subbing in as the 2nd line would be more than some SBC teams will have in their starting lineups. Healthy Edwards and year 3 of Holmen could both be breakout performances, too. Pairing them up (and Knox in there, too) and going with a more traditional 2 post floor lineup would make up for what we lose in size when 5'8" Trey Norris comes in to play PG.

I know everyone has gotten used to having George Odufuwa in there averaging a double double... But I don't think Quincy or Keith Wooden ever averaged double figures scoring, and I also don't think either of them ever came very close to averaging double digit rebounds. Size and rebounding can compensate for only using one real post player. We've seen it work for our league mates, in both the regular and the post season.

Don't get me wrong... I hope we get Dwight Miller to sign with us next weekend. But if we don't... I think that the weapons (and the height) we'll have on the roster next year would allow us to succeed with a very different approach than what we've seen in the past under JJ.

If we DO go with another post that isn't an immediate impact guy... We've got very limited depth at guard. Alzee, Jordan, Norris, Walton, Jones, and one more guard. 6 guys for 3 spots on the floor, with Alzee as the only guy that's ever worn an NT uniform before. As soon as someone tweaks an ankle or shows they need time before they can play decent minutes... We're right back in a situation like what we faced this past year. And people will be upset about why come we didn't learn our lesson and git sum pitchin' depth at the guard spot.

Tasty, for us to get to that next level, we have to find those talented big men. Like football linemen, I realize they are the first off the board. The common denominator of Sweet Sixteen teams and most in the 64 tournament field was their size. It’s amazing to me to see so many talented bigs on Texas Juco rosters. Bring in some foreign kids. SMU can get them, Dallas Woodrow Wilson HS brings in 2 each year. They are dotted on rosters across the country. A talented 6-10 kid from Kennedale (Cates) signed early with SFA. A talented 6-10, 270 Andre Jackson, from Dallas Pinkston signed with S. Florida early. (Originally a So Miss commits who played at a TX Juco.)

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the job that the coaching staff has done over the past 4-5 years. Our kids graduate and are good citizens. Like most here, we’ve now experienced 3 trips to the dance. We now would like to see our alma mater advance further.

JJ has gotten the attention of some the best recruits in Texas; (DFW) let’s seize the moment! We have always had good players year in and out. We just haven’t been able to have about 5-7 at the same time. (Since the mid 70’s)

With the looks UNT is getting from top high school kids and transfers, competing in and/or winning the Sunbelt doesn’t excite me as much. (Been there, done that) The post guys we have will continue to give a great effort on Thursday and Saturday nights. Are any of them an enforcer down low? This is our biggest need to move closer to a Butler/Gonzaga.

Talented recruits coming in want to play with other talented players. Not a popular decision, but JJ needs to free up necessary ships to elevate the program. Top program do. Moreover, it may be necessary if JJ aspires to ultimately land a 7 figure gig somewhere. Otherwise, he will continue to rack up 20 wins seasons, in front of 3,000, who are disappointed to not hear from the NIT, but continue to focus on a new year with hopes of landing talented big men.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Tasty, for us to get to that next level, we have to find those talented big men.

Definitely agree. Just for the record, I'm not saying we ought to go so unorthodox as a persistent strategy.

Just considering where we are right now, with the talent available this year and the potential NBA lottery blessing about to fall in our laps in December... If we can't get that talented big man (and I think we're down to one and a half options right now), we can hold out for another year when we're replacing more departing big guys.

If I had to pick one guy that I most want to see us land (realistic, not fantasy) in the near future, it would be Prince Ibeh or his non-union Mexican equivalent. We need someone (ideally, two someones) of that caliber and raw size to play inside.

I do think that we can still take another step forward in the season ahead, even if we don't sign an impact post in this April's class. Definitely gotta bring them in next year, though.

Also... I don't want to be too optimistic, but I haven't given up hope for Alonzo Edwards yet. I was very impressed with his intensity and desperate screaming desire to win the SBC tournament. I could see him filling not necessarily the numbers, but the team leader/motivator role everyone said was missing after Tramiel left. I just hope he can rehab the knee well enough to make an impact on the floor, because that would be a HUGE relief for next year.

I love Hogans, don't get me wrong, but he is not a back to the basket offensive threat. Robinson also plays facing the basket and is gonna need to add some serious weight to play down low. Mitchell could be the post guy, but like Tasty said, he will and should play the 3 to take full advantage of his talent.

This team needs a low post scoring threat to run JJ's double post offense. Absent a huge developmental leap by big Ben, that player isn't on this team. Low post scorers create spece for the guards to operate, which is why I would bet JJ has eyes on a big man for that final scholarship.

If this were any other recruiting class, I would be thrilled with Franklin. But it isn't, and I think we are in good position to land a better need player.

Edited by UNT90

I don't know the guy's game, but his Uncle referring to him as being 6'3" and a half does worry me a bit for a guy who likes to play down low. I agree that we really have to find a big man for next season, even if he is pretty much a defensive and rebounding type guy. If not, we have to hope for huge things out of Knox this off season. Somehow, I don't think Mitchell wants to be our main big.

Edited by foutsrouts

I am a little concerned that NT is apparently still heavily in the recruiting mode to fill those last two ships. With the great start in recruiting, I would have hoped that JJ and group would have this class completed by now. Some good analyses above, but I side with the thoughts that NT should be aiming for that next plateau not being just being satisfied with vying for the top of the Belt. Frankly, if Mitchell plays; this team should be capable of much more than being a good Belt team.

NT is stacked at the point with Chris Jones and Trey Norris coming in. Alzee Williams and Brandon Walton are also capable to handle the position.

JJ has basically played a three guard offense and some of advocating a four guard approach. In the current NT offense there are basically two wings with one being the secondary ball handler or the 2 guard. Alzee Williams would seem to be the player at the 2 assuming he is back to full health. He was NT's best defensive guard and although not a great shooter does have a good drive to the basket. I see Walton as his backup.

At the other wing or 3, I think it will be Jordan Williams backed up by Walton and Holmen. Williams is tough on the boards and offensively is not a replacement for Thompson but he should be a better defensive player but will have to learn to play against quicker guards.

It is the two inside positions that I think are NT's biggest question. I really like Hogans energy but he is not consistent on the offensive side and hasn't shown he is anymore than an average rebounder. Outside of Hogans are three big question marks: Edwards, Holmen and Knox. Holmen was showing something right before his injury, but more at the wing than inside. Edwards looked uncoordinated, although showed some great athleticism at other times. Maybe an operation is the answer. Knox is 6'10 but hasn't realized it yet. All three of these guys could be the missing part, but I surely would not wager my season on it. Robinson will be available but I wouldn't count on him much at this point either because he seems to like to play outside and hasn't had the competition the other freshmen have. I think he will need at least a year to develop into the inside player NT needs.

I don't think there is any doubt despite what the overall numbers indicate, that NT needs another post. Obviously, just signing anyone is not the answer and they should have more upside than the players already on the squad. The other ship should go to a wing player who can if nothing else provide depth if NT has anything like the injury issues of last year. This could be crucial if in fact NT does sign another post. Obviously, a transfer who has to set for a year would provide no depth and if it was my decision: that player would have to have super potential. I do hope that NT is pass the point that every rebound player from a major program is considered a great get for NT.

I am a little concerned that NT is apparently still heavily in the recruiting mode to fill those last two ships. With the great start in recruiting, I would have hoped that JJ and group would have this class completed by now.

I take it as JJ is going after top talent. He could easily offer a ship to a 100 mid level guys who would gladly take him up on it. Last year we lost out to a guy who ended up starting for a Memphis team that won 25 games , a true freshman who saw minutes on a Minnesota team that was ranked for the 1st half of the season and a kid who wound up being the leading scorer for Fresno State as a frosh

With kids transferring and getting out of LOI's late in the process I think it's a good thing to keep our options open

I am a little concerned that NT is apparently still heavily in the recruiting mode to fill those last two ships. With the great start in recruiting, I would have hoped that JJ and group would have this class completed by now. Some good analyses above, but I side with the thoughts that NT should be aiming for that next plateau not being just being satisfied with vying for the top of the Belt. Frankly, if Mitchell plays; this team should be capable of much more than being a good Belt team.

NT is stacked at the point with Chris Jones and Trey Norris coming in. Alzee Williams and Brandon Walton are also capable to handle the position.

JJ has basically played a three guard offense and some of advocating a four guard approach. In the current NT offense there are basically two wings with one being the secondary ball handler or the 2 guard. Alzee Williams would seem to be the player at the 2 assuming he is back to full health. He was NT's best defensive guard and although not a great shooter does have a good drive to the basket. I see Walton as his backup.

At the other wing or 3, I think it will be Jordan Williams backed up by Walton and Holmen. Williams is tough on the boards and offensively is not a replacement for Thompson but he should be a better defensive player but will have to learn to play against quicker guards.

It is the two inside positions that I think are NT's biggest question. I really like Hogans energy but he is not consistent on the offensive side and hasn't shown he is anymore than an average rebounder. Outside of Hogans are three big question marks: Edwards, Holmen and Knox. Holmen was showing something right before his injury, but more at the wing than inside. Edwards looked uncoordinated, although showed some great athleticism at other times. Maybe an operation is the answer. Knox is 6'10 but hasn't realized it yet. All three of these guys could be the missing part, but I surely would not wager my season on it. Robinson will be available but I wouldn't count on him much at this point either because he seems to like to play outside and hasn't had the competition the other freshmen have. I think he will need at least a year to develop into the inside player NT needs.

I don't think there is any doubt despite what the overall numbers indicate, that NT needs another post. Obviously, just signing anyone is not the answer and they should have more upside than the players already on the squad. The other ship should go to a wing player who can if nothing else provide depth if NT has anything like the injury issues of last year. This could be crucial if in fact NT does sign another post. Obviously, a transfer who has to set for a year would provide no depth and if it was my decision: that player would have to have super potential. I do hope that NT is pass the point that every rebound player from a major program is considered a great get for NT.

Grand Green,

Your assessment of Edwards I think can be expanded on. I don't think he looked as uncoordinated as much as out of position. There were a couple flashes and explosive moves I saw that made me think he might have been the best player on the floor. The problem (this may have something to do with an injury), was that his play was inconsistent and at times out of control. I'm wondering if more playing time or practice time wouldn't cure some of this. I just don't know the extent of limitation placed on him by injury.

Everyone here knows and agrees that guys with size and talent don't grow on trees. It's tough for even some of the major programs at this level to find good big men. The chances that we'll find a guy that steps in and starts the 5 spot might be a little unrealistic as much as I don't want that to be the case. We'd almost be talking about replacing every one of last years' starters with a newcomer. I'm real happy with Hogans and we may be very pleasantly surprised with a rehabbed and fully healthy Edwards.

Grand Green,

Your assessment of Edwards I think can be expanded on. I don't think he looked as uncoordinated as much as out of position. There were a couple flashes and explosive moves I saw that made me think he might have been the best player on the floor. The problem (this may have something to do with an injury), was that his play was inconsistent and at times out of control. I'm wondering if more playing time or practice time wouldn't cure some of this. I just don't know the extent of limitation placed on him by injury.

Everyone here knows and agrees that guys with size and talent don't grow on trees. It's tough for even some of the major programs at this level to find good big men. The chances that we'll find a guy that steps in and starts the 5 spot might be a little unrealistic as much as I don't want that to be the case. We'd almost be talking about replacing every one of last years' starters with a newcomer. I'm real happy with Hogans and we may be very pleasantly surprised with a rehabbed and fully healthy Edwards.

I still love me some Zo. I have high hopes for him next year if he can get healthy. It's hard enough for a juco to come in a find his role on a new team much less having to do it on a senior heavy team while also being injured.

Getting a 6'10 / 6'11 low post scorer is hard enough to find in the NBA , much less here at UNT. I don't think the belt as a whole has had one of those since maybe Chris Marcus of wKu. Show me a 6'11 kid who can score and I'll show you the $1,000s of dollars being thrown at him by the recruiters & sports agents

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 3

Getting a 6'10 / 6'11 low post scorer is hard enough to find in the NBA , much less here at UNT. I don't think the belt as a whole has had one of those since maybe Chris Marcus of wKu. Show me a 6'11 kid who can score and I'll show you the $1,000s of dollars being thrown at him by the recruiters & sports agents

This is the Belt. You don't need a 6"11" post scorer. Like you said, those guys are in the NBA or playing at Duke, Georgetown, etc...

But, find a 6'7" or 6'8" big body that has a low post game and, most importantly, wants to be in the post. I know George was listed at 6'9", but I doubt he goes over 6"7" without shoes. Same for Eric. Give this team another Eric Tramiel, and look out!

Edited by UNT90

This is the Belt. You don't need a 6"11" post scorer. Like you said, those guys are in the NBA or playing at Duke, Georgetown, etc...

But, find a 6'7" or 6'8" big body that has a low post game and, most importantly, wants to be in the post. I know George was listed at 6'9", but I doubt he goes over 6"7" without shoes. Same for Eric. Give this team another Eric Tramiel, and look out!

Which brings us back to Franklin. He may be a bit undersized for a true low post/back to the basket player but I think Charles Barkley fit that description pretty well too.

Which brings us back to Franklin. He may be a bit undersized for a true low post/back to the basket player but I think Charles Barkley fit that description pretty well too.

Hell, if he were 6'6" and had a frame like Barkley, I'd be all for him. He is 6'3" and not strikingly wide.

Not exactly the cherry on top transfer I was hoping for for this class.

Hell, if he were 6'6" and had a frame like Barkley, I'd be all for him. He is 6'3" and not strikingly wide.

Not exactly the cherry on top transfer I was hoping for for this class.

lol, don't get too excited.

This would be a good get, IMO. We can't sit around waiting for the next Charles Barkley to fall in our lap.

Edit:

Also, I'm seeing 6'5" and Junior. Big 12 experience. On a freshmen heavy team, this seems like just the right pickup.

Edited by MeanMag

I still love me some Zo. I have high hopes for him next year if he can get healthy. It's hard enough for a juco to come in a find his role on a new team much less having to do it on a senior heavy team while also being injured.

First, I stated only use the ship on a post that is deemed to have more potential than the players here. Evey time I opine about needing a post player I get a similar response; there are not many big kids and they are hard to sign. Well, I said not one thing about them having to be 6'10 or any other height and there are lots of inside players out there that are better than what NT had coming off the bench last year. NT got killed on the boards in a lot of games last year even with Odufuwa and it was not by potential NBA stars.

I have nothing against Edwards, even though I posted many times that I didn't understand the signing. Whether it was due to injury or whatever; he was hardly a factor last year. I am not sure what a senior laden team had to do with his lack of success being that there was only one senior post player and overall relative weak competition on the inside. No one will be happier than I if he turns it completely around next year and become the player he way too infrequently flashed last year. I agree that he has demonstrated the intensity and desire along with occasionally great moves, but something obviously is holding him back. It may be injury related, but remember that Edwards has played four years post high school and is yet to even approach that potential everyone is counting on.

I think by looking at next year team right now the biggest uncertainty is at the post. Therefore, a good inside player should be the priority in late recruiting. That does not mean, that NT signs borderline players just to fill that position or doesn't go after much better players at other positions.

Edwards committed a foul on average every four minutes. Maybe it was because of his knees, maybe not, but his footwork was bad on defense, which led to reach-ins. If he can't improve on that he won't be on the floor enough to help.

That is true if the Belt is the extent of your aspirations. But if you want to be a Butler or VCU, or even a Morehead, George Mason, or Old Dominion, you need effective size.

On the other hand, if all you want is a 15 seed, never mind.

Edited by untgeorge
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

First, I stated only use the ship on a post that is deemed to have more potential than the players here. Evey time I opine about needing a post player I get a similar response; there are not many big kids and they are hard to sign. Well, I said not one thing about them having to be 6'10 or any other height and there are lots of inside players out there that are better than what NT had coming off the bench last year. NT got killed on the boards in a lot of games last year even with Odufuwa and it was not by potential NBA stars.

I have nothing against Edwards, even though I posted many times that I didn't understand the signing. Whether it was due to injury or whatever; he was hardly a factor last year. I am not sure what a senior laden team had to do with his lack of success being that there was only one senior post player and overall relative weak competition on the inside. No one will be happier than I if he turns it completely around next year and become the player he way too infrequently flashed last year. I agree that he has demonstrated the intensity and desire along with occasionally great moves, but something obviously is holding him back. It may be injury related, but remember that Edwards has played four years post high school and is yet to even approach that potential everyone is counting on.

I think by looking at next year team right now the biggest uncertainty is at the post. Therefore, a good inside player should be the priority in late recruiting. That does not mean, that NT signs borderline players just to fill that position or doesn't go after much better players at other positions.

It's hard for a JUCO to come in regardless of the situation. I don't think it's a easy thing to come onto a team w/ 4 seniors , 2 of which whom finished in the top 10 on the school's all time scoring list, and make a huge impact. From what I was told Edwards only practiced about 10 times with the team before the season even started and didn't even get to practice many times during the year because he could barely run. I think the whole situation just didn't flow right from the beginning. Unless he came in and averaged 10 boards a game , I don't think we could have expected too much. He wasn't asked to score , he was just asked to provide minutes and boards. Was he a disappointment ? You bet. I really had high hopes for the guy. I think he got into foul trouble because his body seemed to be about a second and a half behind his mind. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for this year and hope the he recovers and can make an impact on this up and coming season. We will really need him to hold down the fort ( along w/ Hogans) until Mitchell qualifies , because I really don't see Knox being that guy. Maybe I just really like the guy because I myself have had multiple knee problems/surgeries so I know how hard is it to get back to 100%. I love his intensity and hope he can make everyone a believer next year

As for post players , I totally agree that a good inside player should be top priority , but I'm also I willing to bet that 90% of all DI team also have the same agenda

Wrinkled $100 anyone??

"He was a first-team selection on The Dallas Morning News' 2009 all-area team. Texashoops.com rated Franklin No. 6 among seniors in the Class of 2009."

I don't think we are quite so big yet that we can scoff at anyone with that kind of talent.

Yes, and that hasn't trnaslated to the next level, as many highly rated guys don't. That is probably the main reason behind the transfer (more playing time).

It is my understanding that we only have one ship left. If that is the case, I would prefer someone with a bigger upside. If, in fact, there are 2 ships available, then I would be more than happy with Franklin and a post.

Just because you are a highly rated player in high school doesn't make you a player at the next level (Just a general comment and not aimed at Franklin).

As far as Franklin being 6'5", I'll trust his uncle, who stated he was 6'3 1/2" over any "official" listing by OSU.

EDIT: It is nice to have the basketball team at a level that even allows us to argue these points.

Edited by UNT90

It is my understanding that we only have one ship left. If that is the case, I would prefer someone with a bigger upside. If, in fact, there are 2 ships available, then I would be more than happy with Franklin and a post.

Should have 2 , unless I'm forgetting someone :

Zo,Alzee,Hogans,Holmen,Knox, Jones,Williams,Norris,Robinson,Walton, Mitchell

Edited by NT03