25 Worst College Football Experiences

MCMLXXX

"People need to realize parking is going to be different and they may have to walk. There isn't much parking by the stadium and what there is will be reserved. You watch, people are going to expect to be able to drive up to the stadium and park there only to be redirected accross the highway. I can hear the bitching now."

Ahhh yes, the eternal paradox of the North Texas fan. While many of our own scream from the mountain tops "We want to act like the big boys! We don't want to be small time!" they manage to utter in the next breath "But I don't want to pay too much for it and want all of the convenience of what I'm accustomed to at Fouts!" Strangely, nobody complains about having to park at the basketball venue and take a BUS to OU's stadium, or having to walk a mile from the tailgating areas at UT...or K-State or fill in your "big time" school. Nope, many want all the conveniences of drawing 15,000 to a craptacular stadium like Fouts...but want the pageantry and crowds of the bigger stadiums.

• Upvote 2

Ahhh yes, the eternal paradox of the North Texas fan. While many of our own scream from the mountain tops "We want to act like the big boys! We don't want to be small time!" they manage to utter in the next breath "But I don't want to pay too much for it and want all of the convenience of what I'm accustomed to at Fouts!" Strangely, nobody complains about having to park at the basketball venue and take a BUS to OU's stadium, or having to walk a mile from the tailgating areas at UT...or K-State or fill in your "big time" school. Nope, many want all the conveniences of drawing 15,000 to a craptacular stadium like Fouts...but want the pageantry and crowds of the bigger stadiums.

Biiiiiingo.

1. Ball State - MAC

2. Akron - MAC

3. Buffalo - MAC

4. UAB - CUSA

5. Rice - CUSA

6. Western Michigan - MAC

7. FAU - Belt

8. Western KY - Belt

9. Tulane - CUSA

10. Louisiana - Belt

11. Utah State - WAC

12. Vandy - SEC

13. Kent State - MAC

14. Eastern Michigan - MAC

15. FIU - Belt

16. UCLA - Pac 10

17. USC - Pac 10

18. Central Michigan - MAC

19. ULM - Belt

20. San Diego State - MWC

21. UTEP - CUSA

22. SMU - CUSA

23. Memphis - CUSA

24. Washington State - Pac 10

25. Northwestern - Big "10"

MAC - 7 schools

C-USA - 6 schools

Belt - 5 schools

Pac 10 - 3 schools

SEC, WAC, MWC, Big "10" - 1 school each

I think those of us who attended North Texas' 2009 season opener at Ball State would strongly disagree with calling that the worst college football stadium experience.

All these schools lack traditions.