8Th Annual Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

UPDATE: We have our two game Captains...

This year we have GreenStreet and FirefightinRick agreeing to serve as Captains. Get your plugs in now for your draft position. These two Captains will be drafting their teams on SUNDAY, MAY 22nd. Hopefully, the draft will take place here on the board for all to enjoy.

Folks, the link for donations is up and ready for your kind use...Please consider a donation on top of your registration for this very worthy cause...even $5 would help a great deal. The Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund receives 100% of the donations from this event. Thanks.

This is going to be a really fun event. If you cannot play, think about coming out and enjoying the game...may have some surprises in store for you. You do realize that this is the last officially sanctioned game at Fouts Field, right? And, that is probably a very good thing!

Samantha

Shirt: Medium

Height:5'4"

Weight: Nunya bidness

I can't remember what number bowl game this is for me. I'm thinking the 5th but I've actually lost count. I can't catch :) But we already know that. I have decent speed and can cover pretty well.

Green Goblin

Shirt: Medium

Height: 5'7 (on a good day)

Weight: Trying to loose the beer fat

Former soccer player that can run all over the field but not like the old days.

Guys....It looks like Brandon Kennedy has accepted the Facebook invite. I really can't tell if it is him since his profile pic has his face covered by a hat....but it sure looks like it.

Excellent news...BUT, the Facebook "acceptances" have me a bit confused regarding their actual status...as we saw in the Facebook acceptances for the recent basketball game, a Facebook acceptance doesn't really seem to mean that they will be playing or attending the event. Some how, we need to communicate to these folks the need to go to the GMG.Com board and confirm that they will be playing, provide their stats for the draft and provide a t-shirt size and playing name for the game day shirts. I don't want to have any unhappy campers showing up on game day expecting to play just to be told we don't have shirt for them nor have they been drafted to a team.

Man, I do hope Brandon wants to play and/or attend. That would be FANTASTIC!

Excellent news...BUT, the Facebook "acceptances" have me a bit confused regarding their actual status...as we saw in the Facebook acceptances for the recent basketball game, a Facebook acceptance doesn't really seem to mean that they will be playing or attending the event. Some how, we need to communicate to these folks the need to go to the GMG.Com board and confirm that they will be playing, provide their stats for the draft and provide a t-shirt size and playing name for the game day shirts. I don't want to have any unhappy campers showing up on game day expecting to play just to be told we don't have shirt for them nor have they been drafted to a team.

Huge just huge!

Just heard from the man himself that he is indeed planning on attending this event. Folks, especially those of you who maybe didn't get the chance to see this guy play, this is a chance for you to meet someone who will truly go down in Mean Green history as a legend and who was probably the keystone to one of the greatest defenses ever at NT, and easily one the top defenses in the nation at the time. He was one of those players that could, and did singlehandedly take over a game and change it to his team's favor. I regret that I never got to see "BIG" Joe Greene play. But felt I got to get some of it back by seeing Booger play instead.

I'm very excited and am really looking forward to this day.

Rick

Just heard from the man himself that he is indeed planning on attending this event. Folks, especially those of you who maybe didn't get the chance to see this guy play, this is a chance for you to meet someone who will truly go down in Mean Green history as a legend and who was probably the keystone to one of the greatest defenses ever at NT, and easily one the top defenses in the nation at the time. He was one of those players that could, and did singlehandedly take over a game and change it to his team's favor. I regret that I never got to see "BIG" Joe Greene play. But felt I got to get some of it back by seeing Booger play instead.

I'm very excited and am really looking forward to this day.

Rick

Rick...great news...this is, indeed, going to be a great time...hopefully, Brandon can encourage a few others to come back...and attend or play. Are are welcome to come be part of the day by either attending or playing. Thanks for letting us know that "Booger" will be in the house on June 11th...EXCELLENT NEWS!

Just realized I have a neighbor that is a former UNT player circa late 80's who coaches a pee wee football team with the one and only Scott Davis. I told him about the game and that they both should consider participating. I pledged to get him more info. We'll see.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

Just realized I have a neighbor that is a former UNT player circa late 80's who coaches a pee wee football team with the one and only Scott Davis. I told him about the game and that they both should consider participating. I pledged to get him more info. We'll see.

Good news...let me know so we can get them on the board with t-shirt sizes, stats for the draft, etc.

Folks...like UNT 90 Grad ... if you know an ex-player let him know about this game...the more the merrier. Still plenty of time to sign-up to play. It's getting better every day...you really do want to be part of this...

And, have I mentioned the PayPal site for donations? Probably not as the needle has not moved one bit since the first donation of $25 over a week ago. If you can help with the Andrew Smith memorial Scholarship Fund, even $5 or $10 it would be a great help. We are trying to raise a net of $1500 for the scholarship from this game. Your help is very much appreciated and very much needed. Give it some thought. If you don't care to use a PayPal site (you do not have to have a PayPal account to donate through PayPal), PM me and I'll give you info on where you can mail a check.

Thanks....let's make this happen. Great fun in store on June 11th.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Any way we can get Scott and Andy to play again this year too? And we had another player come play year before last...drawing a blank on the name however. I know last year Andy and Scott said that once they knew when it was they would try to recruit other alumni players. That would be so cool to have a nice handful come out to play with us. I look forward to this game every year.

Any way we can get Scott and Andy to play again this year too? And we had another player come play year before last...drawing a blank on the name however. I know last year Andy and Scott said that once they knew when it was they would try to recruit other alumni players. That would be so cool to have a nice handful come out to play with us. I look forward to this game every year.

Working on it. I have been in contact with Scott hall and he would like to play. Has some logistical issues (new baby that doesn't like the car) to work out with the Mrs. and some commitments to check into, but is very interested in playing again this year...he said he'd touch bases with Andy as well.

Right now we know Brian Futrell (UNT ex) will be playing and that Brandon Kennedy (Booger himself) has said he will be in attendance. Several other ex-players have been contacted, and we are awaiting response. Hopefully Scott and Andy will be able to commit soon. Will keep everyone updated.

Folks, check out the PayPal donations site for the Andrew Smith Scholarship Fund...we now sit at $400!!!!! That is only $100 away from our stated on-line PayPal goal of $500...can we do it? YES! THANKS to a couple of new and generous donations (one being a rather large generous donation), we are within reach of this part of our goal. The overall goal for the game is to net

$1500 for the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund. With a $500 goal through the PayPal site we are on our way. So, we need $100 to make the PayPal goal...would you consider helping out with a contribution? BIG OR SMALL they all help and they are all very much appreciated. We simply cannot reach our goal without your help.

So far including all sources we stand at a gross of $680.00. Obviously, there are expenses, t-shirts, printing, etc., but we are still well over a month away from kick-off, so time is still on our side. Won't you please consider a gift to the fund?

Remember, you can wait and provide a contribution on game game day, so if you are not an on-line fan, no problem. Thanks to everyone who supports this project.

By the way...have you noticed the BILLIARD FACTORY logo on the GoMeanGreen.Com site? Well, click on it and take a look at all the great and fun "stuff" the Billiard factory has to offer. The Billiard Factory is this year's game t-shirt sponsor. One of the Mean Green's own, and a player in the GMG.Com Bowl, unt88, helped us obtain this sponsorship. So, go see unt88 at the Billiard factory and let him know how much you appreciate the support for UNT when you are looking for some great game room equipment, tables, games, etc., etc. Click on the link here on the GMG.Com site...you'll be glad you did and surprised at the variety and quality of the items presented by the good folks at the BILLIARD FACTORY.

Thanks to all our donors, sponsors and players to date...you are the one's who make this happen.

• Upvote 1

Folks, check out the PayPal donations site for the Andrew Smith Scholarship Fund...we now sit at $400!!!!! That is only $100 away from our stated on-line PayPal goal of $500...can we do it? YES! THANKS to a couple of new and generous donations (one being a rather large generous donation), we are within reach of this part of our goal. The overall goal for the game is to net

$1500 for the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund. With a $500 goal through the PayPal site we are on our way. So, we need $100 to make the PayPal goal...would you consider helping out with a contribution? BIG OR SMALL they all help and they are all very much appreciated. We simply cannot reach our goal without your help.

So far including all sources we stand at a gross of $680.00. Obviously, there are expenses, t-shirts, printing, etc., but we are still well over a month away from kick-off, so time is still on our side. Won't you please consider a gift to the fund?

Remember, you can wait and provide a contribution on game game day, so if you are not an on-line fan, no problem. Thanks to everyone who supports this project.

By the way...have you noticed the BILLIARD FACTORY logo on the GoMeanGreen.Com site? Well, click on it and take a look at all the great and fun "stuff" the Billiard factory has to offer. The Billiard Factory is this year's game t-shirt sponsor. One of the Mean Green's own, and a player in the GMG.Com Bowl, unt88, helped us obtain this sponsorship. So, go see unt88 at the Billiard factory and let him know how much you appreciate the support for UNT when you are looking for some great game room equipment, tables, games, etc., etc. Click on the link here on the GMG.Com site...you'll be glad you did and surprised at the variety and quality of the items presented by the good folks at the BILLIARD FACTORY.

Thanks to all our donors, sponsors and players to date...you are the one's who make this happen.

I noticed the big jump on the donation meter too. Well done whoever chipped in to get that thing moving again!

I have actually sent people over to The Billiard Factory before I knew they were a part of the Mean Green family.

Kram, what is the drop dead date on sign ups? As always my coaching could cause a conflict, but I might be in the clear this year.

I noticed the big jump on the donation meter too. Well done whoever chipped in to get that thing moving again!

I have actually sent people over to The Billiard Factory before I knew they were a part of the Mean Green family.

Kram, what is the drop dead date on sign ups? As always my coaching could cause a conflict, but I might be in the clear this year.

Really hope you can play this time around. The drop dead date for sign-ups is 5:00PM on FRIDAY, MAY 20th. The player draft will be held on Sunday, May 22nd between our two captains...GREEN STREET and FirefightinRick...hopefully, through GMG.Com so all can watch the draft and comment.

Edited by KRAM1

PLAYER DRAFT DATE & TIME ANNOUNCED:

Out two captains for the game, Green Street and FirefightinRick will lead the player draft for the 8th Annual GoMeanGreen.Com Bowl on SUNDAY, MAY 22nd beginning at 1:00PM. A Chat Room will be set up for the draft by Harry so all can follow the draft and see comments and have some fun as players are drafted.

Who cares about the NFL draft...this is the one you really do not want to miss. Mark your calendars now and be on hand to witness history as FireFightinRick and Green Street go head to head in the Bowl Game draft. This is going to be great...be there for all the action on the 22nd of May beginning at 1:00PM (CST).

RamoneArchie' timestamp='1303679604' post='563336']

Okay, I haven't gone through every post in this thread, but I'm in like Flyn. So, put me in the draft. At 35 I'm making a comeback! I've been away from the board for a while, so how is the mood these days?

EXCELLENT! Great news...Got you down...BUT...I need your t-Shirt size for the game day shirts...so what size, Sir? Thanks for participating....good news.

Hey this is Andy, Count me in for sure! I just confirmed that I am free that weekend and would love to spend another Saturday with everyone in Andrew's honor! See you all in a couple months.

T-shirt XL

everything else about the same just another year older and getting a little softer heart so we might try and give the other team a chance this year:).

Good news...let me know so we can get them on the board with t-shirt sizes, stats for the draft, etc.

Folks...like UNT 90 Grad ... if you know an ex-player let him know about this game...the more the merrier. Still plenty of time to sign-up to play. It's getting better every day...you really do want to be part of this...

And, have I mentioned the PayPal site for donations? Probably not as the needle has not moved one bit since the first donation of $25 over a week ago. If you can help with the Andrew Smith memorial Scholarship Fund, even $5 or $10 it would be a great help. We are trying to raise a net of $1500 for the scholarship from this game. Your help is very much appreciated and very much needed. Give it some thought. If you don't care to use a PayPal site (you do not have to have a PayPal account to donate through PayPal), PM me and I'll give you info on where you can mail a check.

Thanks....let's make this happen. Great fun in store on June 11th.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I wrote Jamario Thomas who lives in Denton but did not get a response....not sure.

Hey this is Andy, Count me in for sure! I just confirmed that I am free that weekend and would love to spend another Saturday with everyone in Andrew's honor! See you all in a couple months.

T-shirt XL

everything else about the same just another year older and getting a little softer heart so we might try and give the other team a chance this year:).

Andy's in!!!! Hurray!!! A franchise selection has entered the draft! Andy thanks so much I know how busy you are with your schedule so please know how much we the fans appreciate it! GMG!!

Great news! Thanks, Andy...looking forward to seeing you again this year....I am also certain this might raise our female participation level...or at least spectator numbers. :wub::blush:

By the way...I noted on the Facebook page that Johnny Quinn is listed as attending...anyone know if this is for certain? Maybe we can get the bobsledder to play as well as attend...anyone have any contact info.

Just think what type of receiving corps some team might have? Could it possibly fall to one of our coaches to draft Scott Hall (come on Scott, you know you can't miss this), Andy Blount and Johnny Quinn???? Just sayin'. :notfair:

Folks, if you are on the "sidelines" about whether you want to sign up and play, let me assure you that you will have a great time if you decide to play...plus, you will be helping out a great cause in the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship fund as well.

• Upvote 3