8Th Annual Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

Ok... put me down tentatively

Name: MeanJewGreen/Adam/the guy who pulled down Echo's pants

Height- 6'

Weight: Enough to spread the love

Size: Medium

Playing Experience: 2007 GMG Bowl (Scored a TD), 2011 GMG BBall game- Hustle Award Winner (meaning I suck, but I try really really hard)

I provide hustle and a piss poor attitude. I'm also the worlds worst headhunter.

Edited by meanJewGreen

Despite how sore I was the day after basketball...I am in!

Guess I should provide bio/stats:

Shirt size X-L

Height: 5-10

Weight: Enough

Playing Experience - star of the 8th grade B team 3rd string as a TE/LB

Speed: Nowadays I drink more likely to drink a 40 than run a 40, so I'll say on the slow side. What I lack in speed I make up for in enthusiasm!

Ok... put me down tentatively

Name: MeanJewGreen/Adam/the guy who pulled down Echo's pants

Height- 6'

Weight: Enough to spread the love

Size: Medium

Playing Experience: 2007 GMG Bowl (Scored a TD), 2011 GMG BBall game- Hustle Award Winner (meaning I suck, but I try really really hard)

I provide hustle and a piss poor attitude. I'm also the worlds worst headhunter.

When will you be able to confirm if you can play or not? Or do you just want me to order you a shirt and place you on a team? I can wait awhile for you to know for sure or place you in the player's pool now. I would hate to have to have you fork over the $25 fee if you ended up not being able to play...I really don't have too much of a need for a medium sized MeanJewGreen t-shirt...just sayin..... :-) Come on, Adam...you know you want to play...yes you can! Yes you can!

It's been a while, but I'm in.

Height: 6'-ish...

Weight: 180..ish

Shirt: L

40 time: Varies on what's in my cup.. Rum = I'm faster, Beer = I'm slower, Tarantula = I think all of you are more attractive or funny.

Skillset: Great hands and decent arm. Once held the Presidential Award for Physical Fitness.. Wansnt mine, but I did hold it. Veteran of the "GMG Bowl Games" of the past. Darrell Dickey once came to a GMG game and watched me play QB. After the game he slapped me on the shoulder and said "Good game Med, sorry for yelling all those obscenities at you". I said "Coach, I didnt hear you yell anything ugly?" He replied "really?, well next year I'll yell from the Alumni Side of Fouts Field".

I will also donate a Andrew Smith Framed watercolor. Those who got them in the past, or saw them at the GMG Bowls know about them. I had several made, including the one I gave Andrew Smith's Parents years ago.

Should be a lot of fun... I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there again.

GMG!!!

• Upvote 2

40 time: Varies on what's in my cup.. Rum = I'm faster, Beer = I'm slower, Tarantula = I think all of you are more attractive or funny.

Skillset: Great hands and decent arm. Once held the Presidential Award for Physical Fitness.. Wansnt mine, but I did hold it. Veteran of the "GMG Bowl Games" of the past. Darrell Dickey once came to a GMG game and watched me play QB. After the game he slapped me on the shoulder and said "Good game Med, sorry for yelling all those obscenities at you". I said "Coach, I didnt hear you yell anything ugly?" He replied "really?, well next year I'll yell from the Alumni Side of Fouts Field".

I will also donate a Andrew Smith Framed watercolor. Those who got them in the past, or saw them at the GMG Bowls know about them. I had several made, including the one I gave Andrew Smith's Parents years ago.

Should be a lot of fun... I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there again.

GMG!!!

medpilot...WOW...two things...first, great to see you signed up to play...second...WOW! Many thanks for the donation for the silent auction. That is super. I am sure it will be a favorite. Thanks so much...appreciate the support for this very good cause!

Now, that's what I talkin' about!

GMG!!!

WOW Great news! The man who started it all returns!!! For those that don't know MedPilot got this game off of the ground and is a great fan. I am very pleased to see he will be joining us this year! Medpilot is in da house! GMG!

Okay, Mark. I'm in. Wish me luck:

Height: 6'

Weight: ~210 lbs

Speed: I find that with each passing day, my speed is better than the next.

Experience: Last played organized competitive football in 7th grade (o-line). Took Flag Football at the University of North Texas. This is my first gmg.com bowl.

Shirt Size: XL

Let the training begin.

:gym:

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

Vitals,

Name: UNT88 (Brian)

Height: 6'4

Weight: 240

Speed: Still hold the fastest 40 time for UNT tight ends...Scoreboard!!!!!!

Shirt Size: 2XL (my goal is for it to be too big by game time...oh who am I kidding)

Playing expirence: I have played in 4 of the 7 GMG.COM Bowls, had to miss last year due to a back injury suffered at the hands of a 3yr old, weighting in at 25lbs I might add.

Just some info...the details sort of stuff...

FINAL SIGN-UP DEADLINE: Friday, MAY 20th at 5:00PM

PLAYER DRAFT: Sunday, May 22nd

So far...for the silent auction it looks like we have...at a minimum...

1) Framed Watercolor of Andrew Smith (thank you medpilot21)

2) 12-pack of Craft Beer (this stuff is good!)

3) Club Level Seating (2) for the Nov. 19th Western Kentucky Game

4) 2 UNT mini-helmets to be signed by football coaches and/or players (actual signers to be determined)

5) Rangers game tickets - donated by unt88 (thank you sir!)

6) A potentially very special UNT sports autographed memorabilia item (still working on this one, but wanted to raise your expectations a bit!)

Get your bidding pens ready! Sign-up to play...still looking for lots of players....make a donation if you can't play (goal is a net of $1500 for the Andrew Smith Scholarship Fund)...come out to watch the fun and tailgate on June 11th...this IS the last officially sanctioned football game in Fouts Field....you know that, right?

Edited by KRAM1

UPDATE: We have a T-shirt sponsor...none other than the Mean Green's very own unt88 has stepped up to say that the BILLIARD FACTORY will be one of out title sponsors! The Billiard Factory is located at 2061 S. Stemmons Frwy in Lewisville. And, in case you didn't know it, they carry all sorts of game room items...not just great pool tables and billiards equipment. We are talking pinball, shuffleboards, poker tables, pub tables, arcade games, dart boards...complete game rooms, folks. So, check them out whenever you are in need (or want) of such items. They support the Mean Green AND the GMG.Com flag football game scholarship effort.

Thank you very much. Your generous support is very much appreciated...and, yes, this is the same unt88 who has offered to provide some Rangers game tickets for the silent auction as well. Can't sat "thank you" enough!

You folks do know that unt88 played for the Mean Green under Coach Dickey, right?

We still need additional sponsors and silent auction materials. If you or the company you work for would like to help in any way, please let me know...we can work on just about any donation level and silent auction items can go a long way in helping raise enough to meet and exceed our stated goal of $1500. Just send me a private message (PM) here through GMG.Com if you have ideas or want to help in some way. All donations, big and small, are very much apprecaited and help a great deal...personal donations, business donations...all good!

Thanks again to unt88 and the Billiard Factory for stepping up to help student athletes at UNT!

Shoes are optional.....I would think molded cleats might work better than screw-ins, but maybe some of the players from years past can give you better info....Anyone care to answer about shoes????

Anyone have ideas on places to get cheap cleats (that will likely only be used annually for the gmg.com bowl)? I wonder of the AD has any of those cool under armour cleats with SOW on them left over. Do you think they kept a stock of those or bought them as needed? I'm guessing they won't be using them any more if they are moving to Nike. Those would be cool to have as long as we avoided getting the same foot injuries that the players received with them.

Anyone have ideas on places to get cheap cleats (that will likely only be used annually for the gmg.com bowl)? I wonder of the AD has any of those cool under armour cleats with SOW on them left over. Do you think they kept a stock of those or bought them as needed? I'm guessing they won't be using them any more if they are moving to Nike. Those would be cool to have as long as we avoided getting the same foot injuries that the players received with them.

I really don't think cleats are necessary...some good turf shoes would be fine, in my opinion, and they would be versatile enough to wear for other purposes as well...not just once a year for the GMG.Com Bowl (by the way, thanks...you are my first sign-up for next years game...:rolleyes: ) . But, if anyone really wants to wear cleats, I am assuming that is certainly A-OK. The UNT teams certainly have done so for years at Fouts...jut sayin.....

Bear feet would work as well, unless, of course you got stepped on by someone wearing cleats!

Really happy to have you with us for this year's GOMEANGREEN.COM BOWL. I think you will enjoy yourself a good bit!

DONATION LINK IS UP! Check it out. It says ANDREW SMITH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP. It is located on the right hand side of the "forums" home page just under the GMG.Com donations site. It's a great way (and an easy way) for those who cannot attend or play in the 8th Annual GMG.Com Bowl to still help make a difference. Simply click on the link and make a donation. We are trying to raise $1500 for the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund. Hopefully, we can raise at least $500 of that through the donations site here on GMG.Com.

Check it out, and remember...any donation helps...big or small...are are very much appreciated and very much needed. If you don't like on-line sites for donations, you can always PM me and I'll give you info on how you can make a donation by check.

CAN WE DO IT????? Heck yes, we can do it...let's get it started! Many thanks to all who even consider helping. I know you get lots of "opportunities" to part with some of your very hard earned cash. Sometimes one just can't do everything they would like to do. I certainly get that...but if you can, even $5.00 would be greatly appreciated. And, of course, 100% of net proceeds go directly to the Andrew Smith memorial Scholarship Fund.

Thanks again...

GO MEAN GREEN! Go GMG.Com Bowl #8!

Sign up to play, make a donation, contribute something to the silent auction or just attend and have some fun on June 11th.