National Champion ?

NT03

My favorite meltdown...off of Indiana's messageboard.

VCU will lead the entire game but then decide to go into their version of the old 4 corners offense with 5 minutes left. Shelvin Mack will make 10 threes, including one out of his arse and Butler will win by 2.

In the championship game, Matt Howard will score on a 360 dunk with .00000000000001 seconds left to win the game for the Bulldogs. He'll then comb his hair before being interviewd as the MOP of the FF.

Brad Stevens will be bronzed, no knighted, no awarded sainthood, and be forever known as THE BEST BASKETBALL COACH EVER. The annual Player of the Year award will be re-named the Stevens Award, replacing John Wooden.

The state of Indiana basketball will change. High school kids will follow Stevens like lemmings to the promised land. IU, PU, ND will be known forevermore as "little brothers" to the Butler Bulldogs.

I think the Hoosiers are worried. :lol:

Butler vs Connecticut for all the marbles.

Again...

The year before Milan (the real life Hickory from Hoosiers) won in 1954, they did go to the state finals......and lost.

So 1954 was not their first time there. It was their second. It was their second consecutive visit to the finals, and it was equally improbable as the first in 1953.

Butler? :ph34r:

Edited by CMJ

Butler vs Connecticut for all the marbles.

Again...

The year before Milan (the real life Hickory from Hoosiers) won in 1954, they did go to the state finals......and lost.

So 1954 was not their first time there. It was their second. It was their second consecutive visit to the finals, and it was equally improbable as the first in 1953.

Butler? :ph34r:

Bobby Plump was the star player of the Milan High School basketball team that won the Indiana High School Athletic Association State Tournament in 1954.

He played in college for Butler University and led that team to the 1958 NIT. After retiring from a career in life insurance and financial consulting he established "Plump's Last Shot," a restaurant in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indianapolis, Indiana.

Honors

1957 Most Valuable Player (Butler)

1958 Most Valuable Player (Butler)

1958 Member College Basketball All Star Team

1981 Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee

New York Times 2010 story on Bobby Plump and Butler

Bobby Plump and his high school teammates were the inspiration behind the 1986 hit movie Hoosiers with Gene Hackman.

Edited by ADLER

Excellent article about how Butler's runs have brought them a heck of a lot of free publicity over the past 2 years. I am so glad our administration has changed it's tune towards athletics over the past 20 years. We use to be known only as a music school. Can you imagine how much pub will come our way when we make that magical run all of us Mean Green fans dream of. A dream I know the teams are working on each and every year.

http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2010-11/releases/040111aab

Go Bulldogs!

GMG

Agreed. The announcers hated the game but I found it entertaining. My roomie said its low scoring and ugly because they are both good!

I would love UNLV to go after Brad Stevens but he is good for Butler and probably wouldn't leave. You could always ask though. The Rebels will probably end up with Reggie Theus or Rice from BYU. I think they should go bring the fat man Majerus back to the Mountain West.

GMG

What do you do when you're 8 of 50 and can't buy a bucket? Keep taking horrible 3-pointers. Disgusting display of basketball. Butler should disband the program.

I saw a possession where they pressed and produced a turnover. Why didn't this happen more?

• Upvote 2

I thought the two Final Four games were ridiculously entertaining. The Championship game, not so much. I honestly thought the first half the defense was more responsible for the poor shooting than any other reason. In the 2nd, I just thought Butler was pressing at a certain point. There were at least half a dozen shots they missed from near point blank range.