Ah yes, Mavs playing playoff ball

UNT96

I cannot tell you how long I have been waiting for the Mavs to dominate. I mean it has been really nice the last few years with them playing rung and gun ball but what they are doing now is really something special.

Is Dirk the best player in the NBA? I think he might be. Could be my Mav glasses on this one but I cannot imagine trading him for any player in the NBA. That includes Kobe... and Shaq. I don't think this team would be this dominating without him.

This may be a little off the subject, but I thought Maurice Cheeks made a classy move helping out the 13-year old girl with the national anthem. For those that didn't see it, this poor girl was singing the national anthem and totally froze. Cheeks came over, put his arm around her and helped her sing the rest of the song. The look of shear relief was something to see as she thanked him after the song.

What a classy move by a guy that coaches a bunch of classless thugs.

GMG,

Jason

Mavs got drilled tonight. They were winning, I fell asleep and when I wake up they are losing by 20. It's tough to sweep a team, and Maurice Cheeks wasn't gonna let this team roll over like past Blazers teams. With Cheeks coaching that team, they will get better. And you gotta like a guy that's called Mo Cheeks.

Now if Dick Harter could get a head coaching gig....

They lost the 3rd quarter. I knew things were going bad when they were playing players that I had never even heard of out there. Also, anytime Evan Eshmirer (sp?) actually gets to play, you know that Nelly has chalked the game up as a learning situation.

All of the other 3 quarters it was pretty even, Mavs just went to sleep for 12 minutes. No worries mate.

The Mavs blew it tonight.  Going back to Portland.  Steve Nash has been playing like Jeremy McFall with a wig on. 

Well maybe not that bad, but not up to the standard he has set for himself the last few years.

Man, that is some bad bball. laugh.gif

Man, that is some bad bball. laugh.gif

I knew Zeke would appreciate that.

I think Mo Cheeks should get coach of the year...Popovich has Duncan and a level headed supporting class. Cheeks has Wallace and the supporting cast is either under probation or older than he is.

What kind of basketball was that in Game 6!? I mean I've seen some bad basketball in my life, including some this year by my beloved Mavs. But come on, that was some of the worst effort and execution I've ever seen. How can a team that plays so well one game become so ineffective in the next. I'm not saying it's over, but they better find themselves again real quick. Come on Mavs, lets finish off these thugs and go have some revenge on the Sacramento Queens (or at least try to wink.gif )!!!

Next up, the Kings including back to back games this Sat and Sunday. At least they are at their place. If we are gonna get stuck with that sh!t scheduling then it might as well be a quick road trip.

Van Exel was incredible today. Bradley needs to learn that he should NEVER shoot the ball. Dirk was not even in the top 5 for league MVP, absolutely criminal amd shows that it is more of a popularity contest than who really is the most valuable player. It is pretty obvios to me that without Dirk in the zone we don't win, period. He showed us that in Game 4, Game 5 and Game 6. As the announcer said during the game, Stevie Nash is the emotional backbone of this team. Finley is still not back to normal, and finally Raef has shown he is not much more than a better option than Evan Eschmier. But, even with all of this going against them, the little Mavericks pull off what turned out to be an upset today. As always with the Mavs (this year)... first one to 100 wins. If they can outscore the Kings in the first 3 quarters than they can beat them but there is no way this team can win a series of coming from behind again. That was a lucky treat today, we cannot rely on that over a 7 game series (as they showed in 4, 5, and 6).

Late.