Gmg.com Bb Game

KRAM1

GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME

Modified Rules

(1.) There will be 4 quarters of 10 min. each

(2.) There will be a 5 min. break between Quarters and a 10 min. break at half-time.

(3.) The clock will operate as a running clock except when free throws are being shot and during the last 3 min. of the second and the 4th quarters.

(4.) Free throws will be shot after 10 fouls by a team (of any kind) during each half. ONE POINT will be awarded to the team being fouled EXCEPT in the last 3 min. of the second and fourth quarters when fouls shots will be taken as appropriate with the clock being stopped during such foul shots attempts.

(5.) Each player is allowed 6 fouls before being "excused" from the remainder of the game (any form of foul counts as one of the 6 allowed).

(6.) Unlimited substitutions are allowed…clock running or stopped. The player being substituted for must leave the court before the new player enters if being substituted during play.

(7.) 2 additional time outs are allowed for each team per half (this in addition to the time stoppages at quarter end and half).

(8.) No arguing with the refs!!!!! You already know they have forgotten more about basketball than you probably ever knew, and you know you did it anyway. If you didn't, you got away with one or two earlier in the game. See it as payback!

Edited by KRAM1

(8.) No arguing with the refs!!!!! You already know they have forgotten more about basketball than you probably ever knew, and you know you did it anyway. If you didn't, you got away with one or two earlier in the game. See it as payback!

:unsure:

• Upvote 1

UNTFan23----EXACTLY! Just thought I'd put in the rules what usually happens anyway. I saw a prime example of just this "make-up call" thing during one of the NCAA games this weekend.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN! Now if we can only get your game day shirt in the correct size...just sayin'

I thought we had "celebrity" refs... if they call it like the ones they've worked with (sunbelt) then there will be quite a bit of arguing.

What's this "we"? You have a mouse in your pocket or something? Are you planning on attending to watch the action? Hope so. If so, I'll give you the "we" and tell you there is definitely going to be "celebrity" refs...Josh White, Shannon Shorter and Raquel Cuffie. That's UNT Celebrity in my book. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's this "we"? You have a mouse in your pocket or something? Are you planning on attending to watch the action? Hope so. If so, I'll give you the "we" and tell you there is definitely going to be "celebrity" refs...Josh White, Shannon Shorter and Raquel Cuffie. That's UNT Celebrity in my book. :thumbsu:

Yes "I" will be there. And I am saying this without a rude tone. As co-captain of the cheer team I plan on attending. Also, I claim credit for two sponsors as one is my place of employment and one is my dad's business.

• Upvote 7

Yes "I" will be there. And I am saying this without a rude tone. As co-captain of the cheer team I plan on attending. Also, I claim credit for two sponsors as one is my place of employment and one is my dad's business.

Would that be Austin Landscape Gardens? If so, I talked with your dad...nice guy! Thanks for the good work with the sponsors. You definitely get the "we" on this one and a +1 from me as well...will look forward to seeing you Saturday. This is going to be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry guys...rules published...rules remain as published. We have a limited time slot for the use of the gym...several other events before and after our slot...in fact the dance team is using the gym just prior to our use for "warm-ups" to a competition they are in this weekend. I think you will find that the time does not fly bay as quick as you think it would. Being in the shape that some of the players may well be in, it keeps us from having paramedics on site! :-)

Besides, when you are dunked over two or three times, you might be glad the clock is running. HeHe.......

This is going to be fun! See you Saturday.

PLEASE...PLEASE...if you can, come out and watch this game. It will be even more fun if we have a nice crowd doing the cheering, yelling thing.

Would that be Austin Landscape Gardens? If so, I talked with your dad...nice guy! Thanks for the good work with the sponsors. You definitely get the "we" on this one and a +1 from me as well...will look forward to seeing you Saturday. This is going to be a lot of fun.

Yep that's the one, thanks for the support. See you there.

Sorry guys...rules published...rules remain as published. We have a limited time slot for the use of the gym...several other events before and after our slot...in fact the dance team is using the gym just prior to our use for "warm-ups" to a competition they are in this weekend. I think you will find that the time does not fly bay as quick as you think it would. Being in the shape that some of the players may well be in, it keeps us from having paramedics on site! :-)

Besides, when you are dunked over two or three times, you might be glad the clock is running. HeHe.......

This is going to be fun! See you Saturday.

PLEASE...PLEASE...if you can, come out and watch this game. It will be even more fun if we have a nice crowd doing the cheering, yelling thing.

Did the rules remain as published after you edited the post you published them in.... :ph34r:

Just kidding Kram. I'm actually pretty out of shape so you are probably right about the benefits of the running clock for this game. :D

Did the rules remain as published after you edited the post you published them in.... :ph34r:

Just kidding Kram. I'm actually pretty out of shape so you are probably right about the benefits of the running clock for this game. :D

Funny, Matt...I edited it to change some spelling (I knew the Grammar Nazis would get me) and to add a rule I had forgotten to add in the original post. Pretty good catch on your part! See you Saturday! Thanks for supporting the event.

GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME

Modified Rules

(1.) There will be 4 quarters of 10 min. each

(2.) There will be a 5 min. break between Quarters and a 10 min. break at half-time.

(3.) The clock will operate as a running clock except when free throws are being shot and during the last 3 min. of the second and the 4th quarters.

(4.) Free throws will be shot after 10 fouls by a team (of any kind) during each half. ONE POINT will be awarded to the team being fouled EXCEPT in the last 3 min. of the second and fourth quarters when fouls shots will be taken as appropriate with the clock being stopped during such foul shots attempts.

(5.) Each player is allowed 6 fouls before being "excused" from the remainder of the game (any form of foul counts as one of the 6 allowed).

(6.) Unlimited substitutions are allowed…clock running or stopped. The player being substituted for must leave the court before the new player enters if being substituted during play.

(7.) 2 additional time outs are allowed for each team per half (this in addition to the time stoppages at quarter end and half).

This might be a dumb question, but I've never participated in one of the GMG sponsored events so...Is the shirt we get the day of the game what we are supposed to wear? I am just wondering if that is the case, or we need to wear colors to correspond to the team we are assigned.

Thanks