Classic Rock Cover--Rush Medley

Thought some of you "classic rock" guys might like this video. This is a Canadian guitar player named David Barrett, and he's playing with my cousin Jason Farrar on bass in the David Barrett trio. For those of you who remember '70's era Rush, this might be right up your alley.

No vocals, as this is a guitar/bass/drums showcase medley of Rush tunes. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IVvEVMknQ

• Upvote 1

For those interested, David Barrett Trio has put out a 3 song EP of post-rock stuff that you can download. The EP is produced by none other than Lerxst (Alex Lifeson of Rush) himself, and they will be working with him again on more tracks soon.

You can find their EP at www.noisytrade.com, or on iTunes or CDBaby. If you like instrumental power trio stuff, you might check them out.

http://www.noisytrade.com/

One of the young people in the department I supervise at work commented recently, when a vintage Rush-era 1980s tune was playing on the office radio, that she really liked that song. Me too, I agreed. Yeah, she continued, I went through an 80s phase.

So did I. In the 80s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...