Pelphrey Out At Arkansas

SUMG

EDIT: I'm actually really surprised they fired Pelphrey with the kind of recruiting class he had coming in.

Lots of rumors that they are going after Anderson at Mizzou. I wonder if they already have something worked out. Heard Anderson to Arkansas a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder if somehow Devonta Abron might try to get out of his scholarship? Wishful thinking...probably.

Seems like I remember reading that he really liked the Football experience there and that was what pushed him over the top...but I could be wrong. I think it will definately depend on who Long is able to bring in.

I wonder if somehow Devonta Abron might try to get out of his scholarship? Wishful thinking...probably.

The talk in AR is that whoever the new coach might be at least one if not more of the recruiting class will be seeking a release. Do you think we would still be in the running for Abron if he was given a release .

Absolutely. There was a reason that North Texas was one of the three schools that Devonta Abron visited. North Texas is close enough to home that friends and family can come to watch him play, he has friends that will be attending North Texas, he has close friends that will be playing basketball at North Texas, and he would be a part of an incredible signing class that is going to change the basketball culture at North Texas.

Abron is forecast by hogs fans to be just another spare part riding the pine at Arkansas. He's the least heralded of three power forwards that Arkansas signed this year, where he's already viewed as insurance for local heroes Hunter Mickelson and Aaron Ross.

Signing with Arkansas was a mistake for Abron. Now with the termination of Pelphrey, Devonta has the opportunity to correct that mistake. He could spend his collegiate career toiling in anonymity as a depth player playing for strangers in Arkansas that detest Texans, or he can go somewhere that he would have the time of his life while being a star player.

Arkansas is a very good basketball program, but at this time it's a horrible fit for Devonta Abron.

Couldn't agree more. Moreso I wonder if Abron realizes that UNT could have beat Ark this year and that with a new coach they shouldn't be making any waves until a couple years from now (if things change at all). If he reads their board he can see how most people over there are viewing his being signed. The high falootin Razorback fans, for the most part, are impartial to the signing.

Couldn't agree more. Moreso I wonder if Abron realizes that UNT could have beat Ark this year and that with a new coach they shouldn't be making any waves until a couple years from now (if things change at all). If he reads their board he can see how most people over there are viewing his being signed. The high falootin Razorback fans, for the most part, are impartial to the signing.

I guess I'm not seeing this... Of the few threads I've seen on him, they seem to be pretty high on him.

Thread 1

Thread 2

I guess I'm not seeing this... Of the few threads I've seen on him, they seem to be pretty high on him.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 23, 2010, 03:38:59 PM

Wow another 6'7 guy who we don't need.

"I was kinda excited about the Juco 6'8" who was averaging 23 points and could rebound. That's what I am talking about. What happened to him?"

"We need Ratliffe. You're talking about McCombs. He's pretty good, but we'd rather have Kadeem Jack and/or Ratliffe. If Pel signs two, we're best off with Ratliffe and Jack. The next best scenario would be Ratliffe and McCombs. McCombs is good and all, but we need an elite big right now."

"Unfortunately this isn't impressive."

"I don't even know what to say about this class..."

"Are you kidding me, we beat out North Texas and Florida International for this guy. Pel bringing that wood to the hardwood!"

touche that the entire board is not against him being there but you know the basic consensus is that they believe him to be towards the bottom of the class. Also some interesting comments in there as to why he was interested in a school like UNT....though one person tried to state that Isiah Thomas is doing great things at FIU and hence understood why Abron was interested in their program. Lol.