Arkansas Little Rock (3/8/11)

CMJ

I'm even more angry this morning than I was last night. I've seen the replay of the moving screen about a dozen times and I get absolutely sick to my stomach when I see the ref standing right on top of the play. I refuse to be a respectful loser after a game where that call was missed and the Odufuwa (elbowless and facing the opposite direction) intentional foul was made.

Yes, we made a few turnovers. Yes, we missed a few shots and free throws. However, the refs decided this game in the end.

I wasn't upset like this after we were obviously beat and out-played by FA, D, WKU, SHS, or even ULM (where we clearly beat ourselves).

Even Norm was calling out the refs on his show today... and I rarely agree with him.

The folks asking us to stop complaining and to stop being bitter need to lighten up a little. Fans get emotional after losses, especially losses like last night's. Our board has always been relatively calm and grounded in these situations compared to others I've read. Try reading an Arkansas board after they lose to a mid-major.

I want to bitch and moan about what pissed me off in the final minutes of that game...this is the place to do it!

Agreed. It's less than 24 hours after the loss... if people are still griping by the weekend then it's time to gently tell our friends that life goes on. But please... don't tell me to let it go so soon.

My DVR mercifully cut off the last 12 seconds of the game, but I saw the illegal screen (didn't see it last night because of our angle) and my anger boils. That along with two technicals that should have been called makes me very, very bitter today. It's almost as if the refs wanted to help pump up that home crowd on national TV.