Western Kentucky (3/7/11)

CMJ

No, lack of attendance is pretty far down the list of reasons to devalue your opinions.

Emmitt, you make me laugh.

If you are waiting for me to personally thank you for your service to the Mean Green or to our streets ... well, it's not going to happen anytime soon. But please, provide your list of reasons to devalue my opinions.

And UNTFan23 - I haven't said a word about the program. Simply about those who get excited prematurely.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

It has everything to do with someone that has maybe gone to a couple games, if any, marginalizing the success of the program. As someone that went almost every home game this season and traveled to the tournament this year, seeing someone down this team's success to maddening.

People that bitch and moan and refuse to support the team because of who we play/where we play/etc only perpetuate the situation we are in. If we could average 7,000 a game we could have the money to pay higher profile teams to come play us. If we had higher attendance we could afford to make some of the improvements some have been asking for to the Super Pit. Refusing to support the program only keeps us down.

Fans that always find the negative things to complain about need to either crap or get off the pot to help do something about the state of the program and support it. Seeing the constant negativity is a beating on this message board and it seems more are just happy about crying than trying to go out and help make it better.

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT SUPPORTING THE TEAM. If you will climb off your soap box for a second, the only thing that was mentioned was that those games, to me, were not as important as others on this board think. I guess if your standard is just to win in the Sunbelt...then yeah, those could have been important although meaningless if we don't win tonight.

And to untjim, if we lose tonight do you think I (and others) are going to brag "we beat FAU but lost to WKU in the semi's" or "this past season we beat TT and LSU". Personally, I think those are greater accomplishments and one's that stick with the program longer. Now, if we win and go to the Dance again then that is more worthy of bragging.

Edited by Daddy Dumpsalot
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT SUPPORTING THE TEAM. If you will climb off your soap box for a second, the only thing that was mentioned was that those games, to me, were not as important as others on this board think. I guess if your standard is just to win in the Sunbelt...then yeah, those could have been important although meaningless if we don't win tonight.

And to untjim, if we lose tonight do you think I (and others) are going to brag "we beat FAU but lost to WKU in the SBC Championship" or "this past season we beat TT and LSU". Personally, I think those are greater accomplishments and one's that stick with the program longer. Now, if we win and go to the Dance again then that is more worthy of bragging.

Uh, it's the semi-finals.

Seriously??

Bigger actual accomplishment was probably beating FAU last night

Biggest accomplishment that we'll remember 10 years from now will probably be the LSU win.

It's kind of like the year we beat Oklahoma State, everyone remembers that game. However, our best win that year came when we knocked off USA (who got in the tournament as an AT LARGE as a 10 seed, which is really damn high for a middie) in the SuperPit tho.

Emmitt, you make me laugh.

If you are waiting for me to personally thank you for your service to the Mean Green or to our streets ... well, it's not going to happen anytime soon. But please, provide your list of reasons to devalue my opinions.

And UNTFan23 - I haven't said a word about the program. Simply about those who get excited prematurely.

Happens to me all the time!!!

GMG Beat WKU

I thought the topic was WKU. FAU was a big win for NT, no doubt. What a foolish debate, but not quite as bad as the major topic on the WKU board. Their big concern is not beating UNT or winning the tournament but how embarrassing it will be to be in the play in game for the 16th seed in the NCAA's. I hope NT can solve that little problem for them.

I know this game will be a challenge, but they too run 8 men a game. Our depth may not be an issue tonight, especially considering they are also coming off 2 games in 2 days. If we can rest up, stay healthy and tristan can go off like he did last night UNT will come out victorious. We really need to get off to a quick start though. And if Alonzo can put up 5 points and 7 rebounds off the bench.... damn! I love it. I knew he had it in him

• Upvote 1