Western Kentucky (3/7/11)

CMJ

So... I'm debating whether or not to leave town in the morning.

Should I stick around for this game? Any chance we might win the thing?

I'd have left town Saturday night. Time to come on home, as it will be a much tougher drive into the sun with tears in your eyes.

• Upvote 6

If we believe we're a growing program lets act like it. A big time win isn't one to get us into the Semi-finals of the conference tourney. Let's save the bodyguard talk to a performance to get us to the big dance or IN the big dance.

Go scout some 2 star O-linemen.

This was a big win. Tonight would be bigger, tomorrow would be biggest.

Playing in the postseason is CRITICAL to growing a program. Every step we take that gets us closer to that is humongous. Avenging a loss to the team that ended our home win streak, the top overall seed, playing on good rest against a team on game 3 in 6 days... Huge win.

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to be a killjoy. Obviously, a win was better than a loss. But it can't be considered a big win because it's importance is dependent upon future games.

Don't all wins fall into that category? If a team beats Duke and doesn't win another game all season, was the win that big? Why can't we just enjoy what we have and not bitch about it?

• Upvote 2

The Rangers beating Tampa Bay and New York were also meaningless because they lost to the San Francisco Giants?

The Mavs beating San Antonio would mean nothing as well because the Mavs didn't beat Miami.

It's playoff style basketball. Lose and you're finished. Last night the favorite and champion of the East, the Sun Belt regular season champions and Sun Belt defensive player of the year were beaten. They're all big games, don't sell it short. You all should know this by now.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2

I'm not trying to be a killjoy. Obviously, a win was better than a loss. But it can't be considered a big win because it's importance is dependent upon future games.

How many basketball games have you been to this season (and past seasons for that matter)?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Considering they whipped us in our house by 17 a month or so ago - I consider it a big win regardless of what happens tonight.

Was it a big win or was last month's a big loss?

I have to agree that the past 3 wins we have had are def better than losses but it really doesn't mean anything (to the rest of the world) unless we win tonight and then play competitive in the Dance. I would argue that the biggest wins we have had were against TT and LSU.

• Downvote 3

I have to agree that the past 3 wins we have had are def better than losses but it really doesn't mean anything (to the rest of the world) unless we win tonight and then play competitive in the Dance. I would argue that the biggest wins we have had were against TT and LSU.

Those wins over LSU and TTU will give us exactly nothing in terms of postseason basketball. As a matter of fact, neither of those OOC wins even made a ripple with the local media, since both teams were bad this year. That win yesterday against FAU was our best, by a long shot. FAU would have beaten TTU or LSU this year.

It was a big win, the loss not so much. FAU is the regular season champ and #1 seed, beating them is a big win, losing to them is not a big loss (though it did sting).

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

How many basketball games have you been to this season (and past seasons for that matter)?

If I said I bring myself and three kids to every home game does that change your opinion of my opinion?

Now, maybe if I were talking about the basketball being played on the court I'd see your point in dismissing my comments. But my lack of attendance does nothing to devalue my statements made.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Those wins over LSU and TTU will give us exactly nothing in terms of postseason basketball. As a matter of fact, neither of those OOC wins even made a ripple with the local media, since both teams were bad this year. That win yesterday against FAU was our best, by a long shot. FAU wouldcould have beaten TTU or LSU this year.

They did lose to Depaul (current RPI:231), neither Tech (158) nor LSU (219) would be an automatic 'W'.

• Upvote 2

Remind me again how this is relevant to the topic at hand?

How much money have you given to the program written on your degree?

It has everything to do with someone that has maybe gone to a couple games, if any, marginalizing the success of the program. As someone that went almost every home game this season and traveled to the tournament this year, seeing someone down this team's success to maddening.

People that bitch and moan and refuse to support the team because of who we play/where we play/etc only perpetuate the situation we are in. If we could average 7,000 a game we could have the money to pay higher profile teams to come play us. If we had higher attendance we could afford to make some of the improvements some have been asking for to the Super Pit. Refusing to support the program only keeps us down.

Fans that always find the negative things to complain about need to either crap or get off the pot to help do something about the state of the program and support it. Seeing the constant negativity is a beating on this message board and it seems more are just happy about crying than trying to go out and help make it better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If I said I bring myself and three kids to every home game does that change your opinion of my opinion?

Now, maybe if I were talking about the basketball being played on the court I'd see your point in dismissing my comments. But my lack of attendance does nothing to devalue my statements made.

No, lack of attendance is pretty far down the list of reasons to devalue your opinions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Outsiders must crack up at this board.

"Boy they sure don't have much confidence in their team" (not getting the inside joke.....wait, it is an inside joke right?)

and "They sure do bitch at each other a lot." (yeah, we're guilty on that one, but it's done with love man!)

gmg!