Unt Switching To Nike & Schedule Rumor

MeanGreen61

Excellent news. Odds are Nike uses a different textile supplier than UA, therefore I expect and hope that changing from UA to Nike will change our shade of green to what it should be, the correct Emerald/Kelly Green, which is the jersey, helmet and T shirt on the LEFT in this photo, not the puke, sea foam green and whatever else you call the t shirts on the right that were handed out for free or sold by our university for several years in the past.

greenshirtcomparison_500x279.jpg

Rick

Yeah, which of those colors represent "MEAN" GREEN and which ones portray "POWDER PUFF" GREEN??

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

My requests, as if they matter, would be for the following:

1. Green helmets with our logo.

2. Home: green jerseys w/white pants. Pants should have a double green stripe.

3. Road: white jerseys w/ same pants as above.

4. No green, black, camo, battle gear, etc... pants.

• Downvote 2

By the way, the kelly green looks so much better than the forest green. We looked great on tv last year.

Agree 100%. The kelly green looks great and shows up quite well on TV.

It may not be perfect, but the "Sink Navy" shirt shown and dismissed as an imperfect example was printed on what was said to be the exact approved green shade at the time. If it wasn't perfect, it was as close as we could get. And, through that effort several students received scholarships to continue their education at UNT. It's a little sad for me to see those who support UNT to keep knocking people who get off their rear ends and try to do things to help. Volunteers are just that...volunteers, who give up a lot of their free time and money to help a cause they believe in...like UNT. What they do may not be perfect in every one's eyes, but no volunteer that I have ever worked with EVER sets out to do anything but help by giving of their time, talent and treasure. BTW...new volunteers are always welcome. You too can become known as one of the "he or she's who will be blamed". Ha! Really, what you will get out of it is a lot of new and wonderful friendships and the knowledge that you have helped by being part of the solution. Pass it forward.....

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I believe we are keeping the kelly green we have now. The University is just getting done changing all of the signs on (in front of buildings etc.) and off (billboards etc.)so I doubt that they will want to have to change everything again. So I say: 1)green helmets, 2)green jersey w/green pants at home, 3)white jerseys w/white pants on the road. Solid colors look more clean and crisp than the other way around. And no Pro Combat crap, complete idiocracy!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe we are keeping the kelly green we have now. The University is just getting done changing all of the signs on (in front of buildings etc.) and off (billboards etc.)so I doubt that they will want to have to change everything again. So I say: 1)green helmets, 2)green jersey w/green pants at home, 3)white jerseys w/white pants on the road. Solid colors look more clean and crisp than the other way around. And no Pro Combat crap, complete idiocracy!

Rumor I heard was:

1. Green Helmet

2. Home uniform will be Green Jersey and White pants

3. Away uniform will be White Jersey and Green pants

Let's just hope we wind up in something original, and not UF or Iowa St. knockoffs.

Coaches don't make the best uniform designers (see: TT Clemson copycat road uniforms, or our old SLC copycats)

Note to DMac: Let your wife do the uniform design. She no doubt has more original ideas than an old football coach (at least I hope, for multiple reasons).

Uhh, news flash, we aren't going to be high enough on Nike's radar to warrant our own original uni's. I think last year they did unique duds for 10 schools. We aren't going to be one of the ten this year. Expect the Iowa State knockoffs. Or UF's on a Saturday when they aren't wearing their special uni's.

Uhh, news flash, we aren't going to be high enough on Nike's radar to warrant our own original uni's. I think last year they did unique duds for 10 schools. We aren't going to be one of the ten this year. Expect the Iowa State knockoffs. Or UF's on a Saturday when they aren't wearing their special uni's.

So whose unis did underarmor copy? Are we so under the radar that underarmor used a Texas high school uniform (SLC) as it's base design for UNT?

I would think that Nike won't pay someone to create a design specifically for UNT, but will make whatever design UNT wants.

Agreed. Its been way too long since I've gotten to see a Mean Green athletic event in which the Mean Green's representative in said event was wearing said "Mean Green."

Mean is much preferred over nice, generous, or even passive. If it were as simple as changing the shade of green, I would think that would be an easy fix. Then again, McCarney green sounds meaner than dickey green or dodge green.

I think our stadjum being Eco-friendly green doesn't help our cause. McCarney green will need to be extra mean to overcompensate for this obvious stadjum flaw.

I talked to RV at a convention last week. I asked him about the new Nike sponsorship, and he confirmed. I asked him about the new uniforms, and he said they're still sending sketches and ideas back and forth to Nike about what they might look like for next year. SPOILER ALERT. and he told me to look for some "old school" elements about our uniform. I don't know what they means or what that could look, because I've only been at UNT for 2 years. but for the old alumni, maybe you could help a youngster out.

as far as new emblems? RV told me he has no idea what it could be. he told me that "that's a McCarney issue." apparently he, and his wife, are single handly thinking up a new emblem possibility.

also, new Nike gear for us fans will be available in August at the NEW PRO SHOP at the NEW STADIUM.

ps. we're keeping the Kelly Green.

Edited by izembower
  • Upvote 2