College Football Poll

Peacock

Hey Mean Green Nation,

There is a little poll for the Best College Football Movie Ever pitting the touching story of a midget that wants to play football at Notre Dame against UNT's own Necessary Roughness. Easy vote in my book... What about yours?

VOTE HERE

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/2/21/2005391/greatest-football-movie-ever-tournament-rudy-vs-necessary-roughness

If you need another reason to vote for Necessary Roughness, how about

images1.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm going to throw out what is likely an unpopular opinion: Rudy is FAR from a story of success- it's one of great tragedy. Imagine if he had spent all that time working towards something he was actually GOOD at? Years and years just to suit up for one lousy play and a modest public speaking career? Pass.

Necessary Roughness all the way.

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Sorry. It's got to be Rudy.

Yeah, screw the haters. Necessary Roughness was great because it was filmed at UNT, but if it were filmed anywhere else you all would see it for what it is: a pretty awful movie with plenty of B-listers. Although, Jason Bateman's career Arrested Development and beyond is nothing short of amazing considering where he was.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Yeah, screw the haters. Necessary Roughness was great because it was filmed at UNT, but if it were filmed anywhere else you all would see it for what it is: a pretty awful movie with plenty of B-listers. Although, Jason Bateman's career Arrested Development and beyond is nothing short of amazing considering where he was.

I wonder how much of a hit Rudy would be if it were filmed about a midget at IUPUI.

Hail the armadillos. "Unnecessary Roughness" was far from great and if it been filmed anywhere else would be a lot less dear to NT fans. Rudy was hailed as a much better firm but frankly I thought it was overrated. Like most supposedly true stories they were a lot of liberties taken as the recent and I think better "Blind Side". Unnecessary Roughness was a great example of a fun B movie with just about ever sport stereotype used and no pretensions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm going to throw out what is likely an unpopular opinion: Rudy is FAR from a story of success- it's one of great tragedy. Imagine if he had spent all that time working towards something he was actually GOOD at? Years and years just to suit up for one lousy play and a modest public speaking career? Pass.

ALSO, it's currently 157 to 153 in favor of Rudy... so get your votes in order.

You maybe right, But he wanted to play football at ND. That is what the movie is about, achieving your dreams. If you want something bad enough, do what it takes to achieve success IN YOUR EYES.

As to the poll, tough call. I think most of us are clouded because Necessary Roughness was filmed on campus.

I wonder how SMUt fans are voting? :lol:

You maybe right, But he wanted to play football at ND. That is what the movie is about, achieving your dreams. If you want something bad enough, do what it takes to achieve success IN YOUR EYES.

Although on the surface it may have appeared that Rudy achieved his dreams, in reality he only perpetuated his father’s own inexcusable behavior. You see Rudy was a movie about a kid who was desperately seeking the approval of his father. He wanted to play for ND because his father was a huge fan of ND. The climax of the movie is when his dad finally goes to a ND game and sees his son play in the game. His father was an SOB who loved ND more then his own son who he largely ignored. Instead of trying to resolve the relationship with his father directly, he decided to feed his father’s own narrow mindedness by trying to become someone he was not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ask Joe Montana

Rudy didn't even make a solo tackle and the guy whiffed blocking him twice.

• Upvote 1

Hey Mean Green Nation,

There is a little poll for the Best College Football Movie Ever pitting the touching story of a midget that wants to play football at Notre Dame against UNT's own Necessary Roughness. Easy vote in my book... What about yours?

VOTE HERE

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/2/21/2005391/greatest-football-movie-ever-tournament-rudy-vs-necessary-roughness

If you need another reason to vote for Necessary Roughness, how about

images1.jpg

Sorry, neither one is the best football movie and certainly not the best sports movie. Football-North Dallas Forty. Sports-Vision Quest. I'd say Hoosiers runs a close second on Best Sports Movie.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, neither one is the best football movie and certainly not the best sports movie. Football-North Dallas Forty. Sports-Vision Quest. I'd say Hoosiers runs a close second on Best Sports Movie.

It's a bracket style contest to pick the best College Football movie.

Besides, everyone knows the greatest sports movie of all time is Air Bud 6: Performance Enhancing Pugs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2