Thank You Guys!

meangreenbob

First, I am grateful that I made it up to Denton and back safely. But more than that I am grateful for all the guys who practice hard, study hard and play the game of basketball for UNT. I am proud of each and everyone of you.

I know this season hasn't turned out the way any of us were expecting. I am sure no one is more disappointed then you guys. But it's not over.

All of you have brought fun and excitement to the Pit along with some very good basketball. You have been to the Big Dance twice in four years and I will never forget that!

You are my team and I am very proud of all of you! Hold your heads up high! You have nothing to be ashamed of!!

Go Mean Green!

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

they have plenty to be ashamed of! for starters, they just lost to a 6, now 7, win team on their home court that they had dominated. they should also be ashamed of their defense...it's nonexistent. they gave up more than twice as many points as ulm scored in their last game. sorry, moral victories are not worth it. moral victories, losing by less than a touchdown, don't fly on the football board, why should they here? the way this senior laden team is playing is sad and inexcusable. they should be much better than this, but they aren't...don't know why. the only time that ulm scored more points this year was to union kentucky...pathetic! no excuse...damn sad...kinda reminds me of the ill-fated rice fball game...a loss like this should not occur.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The most disappointing season I can remember, I guess we can all relive past glories, but the facts are NT was the consensus pick to represent the Belt in the NCAA with three returning all conference players has just lost 5 out of 6 games and to a team that had a 1 and 13 league record. Yes, some of the players have contributed substantially to NT and all appear to be good representatives of the school. The facts are though, they are playing horrible basketball right now. I am glad there are supportive fans but as someone who has seem a lot of bad basketball at NT, I am at a loss trying to figure what went wrong with this team. As stated, the seniors on this team have accomplished a lot but that only magnifies the collapse that has occurred.

• Upvote 4

I took the point of the original post be more that Bob was gonna remember this as our winningest Senior class in history (well at least Josh and Tristan - though the other guys have been around for much of it) -- not as the team that hit the skids in their final month as college players.

• Upvote 2