Further Proof Sec Fans Are Douche-Tastic

As a Bama fan, and knowing several people who go to Auburn, I'd say this guy does deserve the douche award of the year. Those trees are a big deal to them, it's be like if somneone knocked down denny chimes..heard the guy might get 10 yrs though..thats what he gets for bringin bama a bad name!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't see what the big deal is...stupid, yes...but, he just poisoned some trees...he didn't harm anyone. yes, he seems a bit demented to do this, but it's just some trees.

disclaimer: i don't recycle, don't care too, and don't care if anyone ever does.

Edited by radiogreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Radio.....were u a Michael Vickery apologist as well or am I missing an understood sarcastic personality you may have?

nah dude...total honesty...vick sucks and this is just some trees...plants....yes, they give us oxygen, but so does the grass that we walk on every day that we trample. no sarcasm...i really don't care....it's a tree...not a human life.

i'm sarcastic as shit, but not in this instance

• Downvote 2

nah dude...total honesty...vick sucks and this is just some trees...plants....yes, they give us oxygen, but so does the grass that we walk on every day that we trample. no sarcasm...i really don't care....it's a tree...not a human life.

i'm sarcastic as shit, but not in this instance

Gotta disagree. For one thing, destroying a tree that's over 100 years old deprives someone of the joy of seeing it or enjoying some shade from it, even if you don't. For another, noone has the right to destroy something that doesn't belong to them. If it is on public land, do you grant someone the right to take what is at least partly yours? If so, how can you grant them the right to take what is at least partially owned by many others? On the other hand, I don't like people tearing up anything just for the sake of jacking with other people and what they care about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gotta disagree. For one thing, destroying a tree that's over 100 years old deprives someone of the joy of seeing it or enjoying some shade from it, even if you don't. For another, noone has the right to destroy something that doesn't belong to them. If it is on public land, do you grant someone the right to take what is at least partly yours? If so, how can you grant them the right to take what is at least partially owned by many others? On the other hand, I don't like people tearing up anything just for the sake of jacking with other people and what they care about.

i agree that someone shouldn't destroy things that aren't theirs, but if you walk along the grass instead of the sidewalk, you are destroying the grass that isn't yours. i'm sure all of us have walked on grass. i understand where you are coming from, but i don't think that just because something is really old, that it should get special treatment. doesn't a tree that is 5 years old offer shade? age shouldn't enter into the argument, either you don't trample any grennery or you do...pretty black and white to me. do you step on a bug that is in your house or on the sidewalk??? it doesn't belong to you, yet you may still do it. yes, it's a caddy argument, but i just don't understand the outcry over this. it's a tree...sucks that someone poisoned it, but what's the difference in doing that or poisoning a weed that may takeover your yard? it's still a living plant, just not one you want...shade comes and goes based upon the sun...enjoy it when you can...

Edited by radiogreen
  • Downvote 1

i agree that someone shouldn't destroy things that aren't theirs, but if you walk along the grass instead of the sidewalk, you are destroying the grass that isn't yours. i'm sure all of us have walked on grass. i understand where you are coming from, but i don't think that just because something is really old, that it should get special treatment. doesn't a tree that is 5 years old offer shade? age shouldn't enter into the argument, either you don't trample any grennery or you do...pretty black and white to me. do you step on a bug that is in your house or on the sidewalk??? it doesn't belong to you, yet you may still do it. yes, it's a caddy argument, but i just don't understand the outcry over this. it's a tree...sucks that someone poisoned it, but what's the difference in doing that or poisoning a weed that may takeover your yard? it's still a living plant, just not one you want...shade comes and goes based upon the sun...enjoy it when you can...

Everything you've written in this thread is just weirdness to me, but you seem convinced of it. Yep, I like a mature oak tree more than a dandelion. Just my opinion and enjoy yours.

This reminds me an awful lot of our rivalry with SMU. Two major college programs, the pride of the state, facing off year after year for bragging rights, recruits, and National Titles. I'm surprised something this dramatic hasn't happened between our schools, yet.

I just doesn't get publicized for some reason. A couple years back I poisoned an entire stable of their precious mini-horses.

• Upvote 1

i don't see what the big deal is...stupid, yes...but, he just poisoned some trees...he didn't harm anyone. yes, he seems a bit demented to do this, but it's just some trees.

disclaimer: i don't recycle, don't care too, and don't care if anyone ever does.

It's just a car... so what if he stole it.

It's just a house... so what if he burned it down so long as nobody was hurt.

It's just money... it's not like somebody was killed.

I guess my point is, property is property... and people should be punished for destroying what doesn't belong to them.

• Upvote 1

How is this particular case not being a "passionate fan"? The guy loves Alabama, went down to Auburn which is 30 minutes from his house, and poisoned the University's most recognized landmark because they (Auburn) beat his school (Alabama) in the Iron Bowl. I'm not writing any behavior off, but would this had happened if the guy were not a passionate Crimson Tide fan? I'll let you draw that conclusion.

Osama Bin Laden is passionate too.

The radio show that the guy called in on is also simulcast on Sirius XM on the Rivals Network. Its insanely hard to listen to, its such a horrible horrible show.

It's just a car... so what if he stole it.

It's just a house... so what if he burned it down so long as nobody was hurt.

It's just money... it's not like somebody was killed.

I guess my point is, property is property... and people should be punished for destroying what doesn't belong to them.

you're right, he should be punished, i agree totally with that! what he did was stupid, i just don't see what the big deal is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Radio, do you own a car, a house, a tree, or have any money ? If so, and one of the above were destroyed, what punishment, if any, would you deem appropriate for the person or persons that commited the deed ?

And is a healthy 130 year old tree worth any more money in terms of replacement cost, than a 5 year old tree ?

• Upvote 1

I don't think Radio is disputing that it is criminal behavior. As a friend of mine said:

I wish I lived in a state where a 62-year-old man poisons trees on the campus of a rival college football team and the ensuing investigation occupies the entirety of the state's law-enforcement officials in addition to the FBI and U.S. Marshals, prompting so much media attention that it evokes a press conference. This society is utopia...
  • Upvote 3

This cinches it. Forget CUSA. We need to get into the SEC. They've managed to turn this board into a bunch of tree-huggers. That kind of power is not to be taken lightly.

I think we're skirting the real issue. My sympathies go out to the biggest victims: The Keebler Elves.

This is like September 11th for them. Never Fudge-get, people.

• Upvote 3

A group of Alabama fans . . . have started a "Tide For Toomer's" fund to help raise money to restore or replace the stricken oaks. Better yet, the group is already wildly successful; almost 20,000 people have become fans of the the charity on Facebook in its second day of existence, and the charity has raised over $8,000 (and counting).

http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/27569027

Radio, do you own a car, a house, a tree, or have any money ? If so, and one of the above were destroyed, what punishment, if any, would you deem appropriate for the person or persons that commited the deed ?

And is a healthy 130 year old tree worth any more money in terms of replacement cost, than a 5 year old tree ?

the dude should be punished, i've said that already. my only issue is that it's just a bunch of trees...that's it...i don't see the big deal.

• Downvote 2