The Signing Date Reception

SUMG

It looks like we're moving from a "beer" program to a "w(h)ine" program.

I'm okay with that, as long as there is a good selection of cheese. :rolleyes:

Another thing. I don't know if the gateway center was available or not, but here is the way I look at it. This event is going to be out in the general public at a pretty new and (I guess) nice hotel. Won't it be great for lots of people who are not North Texas grads/students, to see how much North Texas graduates REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR PROGRAM?

So, for those of you who are going to be there, if you are not going to wear North Texas gear FORGODSAKE! PLEASE WEAR GREEN!!!!!

I can understand the reasoning behind them charging $30 for their event. Afterall, they have what, 17,000 season ticket holders who at one point, if they are all alumni, could justify blowing $380-$450 per credit hour for a college degree, who has watched the winningest program in the state of Texas the past 4 years and just finished ranked second in the nation with a win in the Rose Bowl. Verses the North Texas season ticket holder, who has to reach down and pull a new or personal reason out of thin air each year to justify continuing their support because they have seen all of 5 wins at home the past 5 years?

Once the winning starts and we are a hot commodity then yeah, charge away. Till that happens though it should remain a free perk to the fans who have faithfully supported with their money through one of the worst and darkest eras in NT history.

Rick

Rick

Lousiana Tech is charging $ 20 to attend their signing day deal if you are in the LTAC or not. I don't think NT is being unreasonable at all.

• Upvote 3

Its interesting that Mean Green Club members have to pay at all to what has been a free to everyone event in the past?

This would have been a nice perk to offer for membership?

Rick

Looking forward to the day when only MGC members have access to this event, and they charge us $100 a head.

Just sayin.,,

• Upvote 5

When will we know about the status of the event? I'm hearing that driving conditions will remain nasty for a couple of days.....especially in the Denton area.

I asked Kendra about that yesterday. She said they would monitor things...and get the word out as quickly as possble, if they cancel it. I just hope they don't jump the gun and cancel it too early. Things should be a lot better by tomorrow evening. But I do understand it's a tough call---if you do cancel it, you want the most amount of time for getting the word out. (BTW...there's an ad for it in today's DRC).

I'm guessing the event is still on. There's an ad for it in the paper. Plus, no cancellation e-mail. I live here in Denton, and unless the roads improve considerably, I wouldn't go.

We have no home basketball game on Saturday....wish they would reschedule it then. As a matter of fact, we have no game Saturday home or away.

I'm guessing the event is still on. There's an ad for it in the paper. Plus, no cancellation e-mail. I live here in Denton, and unless the roads improve considerably, I wouldn't go.

We have no home basketball game on Saturday....wish they would reschedule it then. As a matter of fact, we have no game Saturday home or away.

It's questionable whether the roads will be safe enough for Thursday's bball game. I'm not talking about I35E, but my ally and side streets here in Carrollton look nice and glassy as I look out my window.

Really too bad, but the decision to cancel is a good one. No need to get in a fender bender (or worse) trying to drive on the roads here in Denton. Especially after dark as what ice may have melted simply re-freezes. While I am very disappointed in not being able to attend this event, it was a very appropriate decision to cancel it under the circumstances.

News conference on the Mean Green web at 2:00PM. I guess we can follow Coach mac at that time...it's going to be a GREAT day for the Mean Green!