U.s. Banks To Be Bought

http://online.wsj.co...sNewsCollection

This really does not surprise me. You can point out the various voting process' for this to happen but in the final analysis the individuals voting on this are financial whores.

OK, but you do realize that they are not buying branches of a US bank, right? It is a foreign bank that has branches in the US. There are several foreign banks that have US branches already and have had for many many years. By your logic, I assume they are all "financial whores" as well? One nice thing about this great nation of ours is that we have the right to do business with any private enterprise we choose...or not choose. Just don't do business with foreign owned banks if you don't want to do so. I choose to bank with a US based and US owned institution, but that's my choice. If you don't want to bank with a foreign bank, don't. Seems pretty simple to me.

OK, but you do realize that they are not buying branches of a US bank, right? It is a foreign bank that has branches in the US. There are several foreign banks that have US branches already and have had for many many years. By your logic, I assume they are all "financial whores" as well? One nice thing about this great nation of ours is that we have the right to do business with any private enterprise we choose...or not choose. Just don't do business with foreign owned banks if you don't want to do so. I choose to bank with a US based and US owned institution, but that's my choice. If you don't want to bank with a foreign bank, don't. Seems pretty simple to me.

Hope you've been brushing up on your Mandarin while your head is in the sand, Comrade...this is clearly just the start of Asian infiltration of this once great nation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hope you've been brushing up on your Mandarin while your head is in the sand, Comrade...this is clearly just the start of Asian infiltration of this once great nation.

Help...help...the sky is falling! Why wasn't it the Spanish invasion, the Swiss invasion, the German invasion when those foreign owned banks set up shop in the US? I happen to believe that the more nations are tied together economically, the less it is in either's best interests to be enemies. I recall when everyone was crying that the Japanese were going to "own" the US and mandate what everyone could or could not do. Now, the scare comes from the Chinese. Perhaps you should be much more concerned about the level of national debt help by China than a Chinese bank buying branches from another already foreign owned banking institution.

Help...help...the sky is falling! Why wasn't it the Spanish invasion, the Swiss invasion, the German invasion when those foreign owned banks set up shop in the US? I happen to believe that the more nations are tied together economically, the less it is in either's best interests to be enemies. I recall when everyone was crying that the Japanese were going to "own" the US and mandate what everyone could or could not do. Now, the scare comes from the Chinese. Perhaps you should be much more concerned about the level of national debt help by China than a Chinese bank buying branches from another already foreign owned banking institution.

Do they help make footballs in Ohio?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Do they help make footballs in Ohio?

And, your point is? I seem to recall a time when what you had to say actually added to a discussion. They not only make footballs in Ohio (as you well know), but the Finnish based holding company that owns the unit that makes the footballs has done a great job of keeping the plant in Ohio, keeping the traditional Wilson name, and keeping a good many US citizens employed for many many years. Could have easily moved the plant "offshore" a good many years ago, but to date has not chosen to do that. I would find it a bit "hard" for the Chinese owners of any foreign bank they bought with the intention of entering the US market to be able to move the branches offshore either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And, your point is? I seem to recall a time when what you had to say actually added to a discussion. They not only make footballs in Ohio (as you well know), but the Finnish based holding company that owns the unit that makes the footballs has done a great job of keeping the plant in Ohio, keeping the traditional Wilson name, and keeping a good many US citizens employed for many many years. Could have easily moved the plant "offshore" a good many years ago, but to date has not chosen to do that. I would find it a bit "hard" for the Chinese owners of any foreign bank they bought with the intention of entering the US market to be able to move the branches offshore either.

I want to talk about banks, not Wilson.

Actually, I don't, so here's a string of unrelated questions I would rather discuss than EE's misinterpretation of the WSJ (and I would honestly enjoy your responses to all of these):

• Why did you put hard in quotes?
  • What's your favorite craft beer you've triedthis year?
  • Have you ever tried Crossfit or P90X?
  • Which Super Bowl roster has your favorite long-snapper?
  • Which is a more enjoyable road trip stop -- Buccees on the way to Houston or the kolache place in West on the way to Austin?
  • Which basketball game has been your favorite so far this season?
  • Will Dez Bryant stay healthy next season?
  • Will there be a lockout?
  • How can OSU take the next step defensively? Will the O take a step back without Dana?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Joke's on the Chinese.

By the time they finish executing their master plan and financially conquer This Once Great Nation... All they'll "own" is a bunch of freeloading illegal immigrants and the responsibility to pay for their Obamacare. :ph34r:

Suck it, China. POISON PILL FTW!!

• Upvote 3

Joke's on the Chinese.

By the time they finish executing their master plan and financially conquer This Once Great Nation... All they'll "own" is a bunch of freeloading illegal immigrants and the responsibility to pay for their Obamacare. :ph34r:

Suck it, China. POISON PILL FTW!!

Holy crap...you survived the death panel!! Welcome back.

Holy crap...you survived the death panel!! Welcome back.

I've graduated from a three day feverish delirium to two days of chest and head congestion.

But with me throughout were your well wishes and the support of my fiance. And horrible nausea. And a splitting headache.

Tonight, I may even leave the house and go eat big boy food for dinner.

I want to talk about banks, not Wilson.

Actually, I don't, so here's a string of unrelated questions I would rather discuss than EE's misinterpretation of the WSJ (and I would honestly enjoy your responses to all of these):

• Why did you put hard in quotes?
  • What's your favorite craft beer you've triedthis year?
  • Have you ever tried Crossfit or P90X?
  • Which Super Bowl roster has your favorite long-snapper?
  • Which is a more enjoyable road trip stop -- Buccees on the way to Houston or the kolache place in West on the way to Austin?
  • Which basketball game has been your favorite so far this season?
  • Will Dez Bryant stay healthy next season?
  • Will there be a lockout?
  • How can OSU take the next step defensively? Will the O take a step back without Dana?

:lolu:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704754304576096002767228880.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

This really does not surprise me. You can point out the various voting process' for this to happen but in the final analysis the individuals voting on this are financial whores.

GYI0061101461.jpg

Haha...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man, you are just outstanding. Both banks in this are international banks. The ICBC is based in HONG KONG. The Bank of East Asia is based in...HONG KONG. I don't see the "financial whores" thing here, I'm guessing you think it's US banks getting bought out, but that's not the case.

But it could also be foreign banks coming into the US, but we've had those for years.

Or it could be that they're Chinese and you have a problem with their banking services for some sort of reason. But in case you didn't notice, it's best to be business partners with another nation since you can make more money off of them that way.

Chinese banks have encountered uphill battles to gain access to the U.S. market in the past. For instance, it took almost two years for ICBC to get the approval from the Federal Reserve to open its New York branch, which has so far focused on commercial lending. That green light was given shortly before President George W. Bush's trip to Beijing for the Summer Olympics in 2008.

(next to the last paragraph)

who do you think the federal reserve is where they received approval? it is neither federal or a reserve. international bankers.

the n.y. branch is to focus on commercial lending.

who do you think owns most of our debt?