Darrell Dickey Hired....

megagreen

Never mind the two national rushing champions, conference players of the decade and 4 time coach of the year.

But, who knows?

You would want him running our offense as our offensive coordinator?

Again, I don't see how he keeps getting the offensive coordinator position.

Statistically, he had a horrible offense. He had a boring offense and he had a predictable offense.

• Upvote 1

It was effective when clicking.

Everyone knew what we were gonna do, and they still couldn't stop it. That was kinda exhilarating.

Yeah, it was effective enough. I think we would all agree our defense is what got us those championships. I miss that D. Our offense worked to control the clock and hold on to the ball to get us enough points for the win in conference play.

But, exhilarating wasn't exactly the feeling I felt. Frustration was more like it for me. It seemed many times Dickey and co. simply were outcoached. And if I recall correctly, I remember the USU board feeling the same way when he was OC there. Perhaps, he has changed a bit while at New Mexico spreading it out, but I never looked into how well he did last year. I just never went away from Dickey coached games amazed by our coaching staff's offensive genious.

It was effective when clicking.

Everyone knew what we were gonna do, and they still couldn't stop it. That was kinda exhilarating.

His offense averaged 2.9 yards per rush last year at UNM.

I hope he does well, but he is not likely to inherit a roster that can dominate the WAC like our 2001-04 roster dominated the Belt.

Any schools offense tends to look worse when their defense is crappy. Dickey's offenses looked fine when our defense was doing well. Utah State and New Mexico haven't exactly been Baltimore Raven or Pittsburgh Steeler clones.

Defense wins championsship, not offense. Count the number of championships Mike Leach and Hal Mumme rang up at this level. We're looking at a big, fat zero. Steve Spurrier won his national title the year he hired Bob Stoops to coordinate his defense.

Defense, yo. If Texas State plays good defense, Mickey Mouse could be their offensive coordinator and be fine.

How did he get hired?

Free furniture for the entire athletic department.

:lol: I'm reminded of the MST3000 "Hired - The Musical" sketch. Just substitute "Buick" for "Chevrolet"?:

I just don't see how dickey keeps getting these offensive coordinator jobs?!

I know most members of this board prefer to see the Dodge years as some aberration on the grand rise of NT football, but from the outside looking in Dickey was the only guy to win at North Texas since Hayden Fry. Of course, if he doesn't perform at TSSM he may have used all that up.

EDIT: FONTS!!!?!?!?!!!