Shaq is an a$$hole once again.

UNT96

``Our two big guys didn't have a great game and we still beat them by (nine). It's going to take a lot more than whining and crying and underachieving big men to beat us,'' O'Neal said, adding of Dallas' centers: ``They all stink.''

This about sums up his cocky ass attitude. I hope we draw them in the first round of the playoffs and just pummelize them. I would be happ;y to see Big Old Shawn Bradley just step on that sore pinky toe all night long and take Shaq out for the whole playoffs. Certainly would be the most he could do for the Mavs at this point.

I seriously would be COMPLETELY happy to lose the rest of the series (all of them) if we could just beat them and their fabricated 5 game first series (UGGHHH!!!) and keep them out of the second round. It would be just as good as a championship to me. By the way, Raef had 28 tonight while Shaq was held scoreless for the first 12 minutes of them game and ended with 14 total. It was way into mop up time that the freak of nature broke the double digit mark in the fourth quarter. How can someone that just had such a horrible game talk out of his ass so much?

I don't care who wins...as long as it's not the Lakers.  I don't know if I can deal with everyone around here celebrating again.

I can't express how much I feel the same way..........I really don't care if the Mavs go out in the first round as long as the Lakers are gone by the last round.

That's the good thing about having a team like the Lakers around... no matter how bad your team does, you still have a reason to watch the rest of the games to cheer against the Lakers. We could potentially become Sacramento fans for about a 2 week period; something most of us would turn our noses to the rest of the year. Consequently, I feel the same way about the Dallas Blowmonkeys..err Cowboys.. but that is a different arguement for a different day...in a different forum. Needless to say it has been absolute Heaven for the past 5 years.

Go Mavs! Go Portland! Go Sacramento! Go San Antonio! Beat the Lakers!

but that is a different arguement for a different day...in a different forum.

What forum? Try to post on the football board about it, and people will say it's a MEAN GREEN board, move it another forum and maybe five people will read it. That's why I go to the LFZ to talk about stuff like this.

One thing, I don't hate the Lakers because they are the Lakers, I despise Shaq more than any other athlete for ruining pro basketball and also for being an a$$hole in general. Rick Fox is the epitomy of a pretty boy, I wonder if he and Jason Sehorn give each other hair tips and peticures.

I've said before, I wish Kobe would get traded away from Shaq so I could like him.

Well I'd say probably so. Hard to say though because I don't know how the city would react if the Lakers were just lousy. This city is VERY Pro-Basketball overall though.

I'd say it's probably the biggest sport out here. It probably has something to do with the Bruin dynasty and the Lakers historically being really good.

Yeah, we really do need a general forum where we can discuss just about anything; but this is not a free "public" board, every click and every post takes a little bit more money out of Harry's pocket so I would never give the guys a hard time about it. Do you guys ever read the independent arguement forum? Man, I can see Iron Man doing some damage on there regarding world events, he seems to be able to hang well with intelligent smack talk. Check it out if you are bored.. your free Delphi username and password will work.

Indepedent Arguement

user posted image

Kobe joins in on the fun:

Lakers guard says he 'can go into attack mode anytime'

04/10/2003

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

PHOENIX – First of all, Kobe Bryant wants to make it clear that the Mavericks did not shut him down Tuesday night in Los Angeles, when he scored but 14 points on four-of-16 shooting. Second, be afraid. Be very afraid.

After swatting the visiting Mavericks, 108-99, the Lakers were more than willing to dismiss their possible first-round foe.

Should the Mavs, or anybody else who faces the Lakers in the playoffs, be worried?

"Yes, for sure," Bryant said. "We've been through all this before. We've paid our dues and proven ourselves. You have to learn how to handle those situations. We've been through tough Game 7 situations. There's no substitute for that."

The inference, of course, is that the Mavericks have not.

And while it may well come to pass that the Mavericks play somebody else in the first round, it's clear that the Lakers wouldn't mind at all if they faced the Mavs to start chasing their fourth consecutive NBA championship.

The Mavs applauded themselves for the job they did against Shaquille O'Neal and Bryant, the NBA's most dominant duo. But they still got beat, handily at that.

Bryant said it had nothing to do with him being shut down.

"We see these other teams and I score 14, 15, 18 points and they all say: We did a good job on Kobe," he said. "Not true. I'm enjoying being a playmaker at times like this. I can go into attack mode anytime."

But Tuesday night was not the time for that. Instead, Devean George, Robert Horry, Rick Fox and Derek Fisher were heroes.

"There are a number of ways of playing us," Fox said. "Let Shaq and Kobe get 80 points between them or double-team Shaq and Kobe and see what the rest of us do. Very rarely do you see that game plan, so very rarely do we look like we know how to play."

Now, it's a matter of whether the Mavs can avoid the Lakers.

"If that's the hand we're dealt, we'll deal with it," Raef LaFrentz said. "But ideally, no. No team wants to start against them in the first round. They're a great team that started the season poorly."

Cuban rejoins team in Phoenix after stop

After a side trip to Las Vegas, owner Mark Cuban was with the Mavs on Wednesday in Phoenix.

Cuban was at the NBA's board of governors' meeting Tuesday and, when a snowstorm hit, he had trouble getting out of New York.

"I knew I wasn't going to make it to LA in time for the game, so I stopped in Vegas because I knew I'd be able to watch the game there," Cuban said.

Yeah, we really do need a general forum where we can discuss just about anything; but this is not a free "public" board, every click and every post takes a little bit more money out of Harry's pocket so I would never give the guys a hard time about it.

Thank you UNT96.

I've read that Independent Argument board alot, there is no real discussion on it, it is mostly people screaming at the top of thier lungs at each other with no real listening done. It is exactly what we try to avoid here on GoMeanGreen.com by avoiding certain topics.

No, let me remind people that it if they feel they really need a place where they can discuss these topics, they can either go to one of the boards already in place elsewhere, or they can spend thier own time/money to setup thier own boards. Harry and I just want to run a board where Mean Green fans can talk about Mean Green topics and get excited about Mean Green Sports.

i love Nash, but Van Exel is good enough to start. I'd like to see a Nash for Sczerbiak trade. I think i spelled his name right....

I wouldn't leave the team in Van Exel's hands. He runs too hot and cold, plus the Mav's don't need another outside shooter. We need to find a strong inside presence that is good defensively, rebounds, and is a good passer. This team has plenty of scorers.

Now, if Minnesota wanted to give up Wally for Van Exel, I would take that offer. I just don't really see that happening though.

I wouldn't leave the team in Van Exel's hands. He runs too hot and cold, plus the Mav's don't need another outside shooter. We need to find a strong inside presence that is good defensively, rebounds, and is a good passer. This team has plenty of scorers.

Now, if Minnesota wanted to give up Wally for Van Exel, I would take that offer. I just don't really see that happening though.

Wally is like Nowitzki, only with defense a little more precense inside.

Nash is 20 times more consistent than Van Exel and is a leader on the team. You cannot buy leadership, that type of respect has to be earned and there is no way I would let one of the hearts of this team go. I think we are all forgetting just how terrible the Mavs were for SOOOOOO long. We need a big man to take on Shaq, but so does everyone else in the NBA. He is an unstoppable monster.