Live From The Ticketcity Bowl

emmitt01

Kind of interesting, former Cowboy great Bill Bates' son Hunter plays for Northwestern. He was carried off the field in the 4th quarter, not sure of the injury. Hunter is a triplet, with sister Brianna, and brother Graham who plays for Arkansas State.

Try 40,121...

Not even close.

Ahh I can't wait to see tech fall back into mediocrity. I don't get their fans, they have won 1 conference championship and tied for a conf championship in 50 yrs .. FIFTY YEARS!!! You heard it, 2 conference championships in 50 yrs and they still think their shit doesn't stink. :bow:

Edited by ipEAGLE

City of Dallas has to come up with a lie of attendance to make this joke of a bowl game valid. They didn't have the money to bring the Cotton Bowl to 21st century standards. Implode it.

40,121 - right, and I have some waterfront property you'd love to buy in Louisiana!

The Cotton Bowl is a damn fine stadium. After the renovations they did to it, there is NOTHING wrong with that place. I would love to have an annual game with someone there during the fair. Maybe smuT?

• Upvote 1

My friend is a die hard tech fan and alum who lives in Dallas and he told me just like him most fans didn't give a rats ass about this game. Like just about 80% of other bowl games....this one was meaningless. We don't need to be dogging it and Tech fans don't need to defend a higher attendance number. In the end the game and this bowl was and is irrelevant and a waste of time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

My friend is a die hard tech fan and alum who lives in Dallas and he told me just like him most fans didn't give a rats ass about this game. Like just about 80% of other bowl games....this one was meaningless. We don't need to be dogging it and Tech fans don't need to defend a higher attendance number. In the end the game and this bowl was and is irrelevant and a waste of time.

tech fans are all talk and no act. full of themselves. i dog em any chance i can for not showing up, screw em. :P

• Upvote 1

The TicketCity Bowl is a great example of why there are too many bowl games. A 11-1 Texas Tech team played at the same stadium just two seasons ago against a 8-4 Ole Miss team and the game pulled in 88,175. After a disappointing season for two 7-5 teams, I wasn't that surprised to only see the Cotton Bowl half full.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The TicketCity Bowl is a great example of why there are too many bowl games. A 11-1 Texas Tech team played at the same stadium just two seasons ago against a 8-4 Ole Miss team and the game pulled in 88,175. After a disappointing season for two 7-5 teams, I wasn't that surprised to only see the Cotton Bowl half full.

Looks half empty to me...

• Upvote 2

I was there and have many pictures. I would be VERY surprised if you could show me the Cotton Bowl half full.

What's the point of this thread anyway? We would have been thrilled with an invite to a bowl, any bowl for that matter. Looks about like the Super Dome did during our New Orleans Bowls, so why are we wasting bandwidth to run down a program many of could care less about?

Smacks of envy and I think that reflects poorly on us as fans of NT.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1