New Commit

EastTexasMG

Coach Mac said he wanted athletes who could run and I think 4.4 for a 230 pounder is a great start!

As some of you know, Mean Green & former NFL All Pro great Cedric Hardman was 5'10" 185 pound when he arrived in Denton and when he got drafted #1(?) he was around 6'5" 240....don't know if Akunne will grow as dramatically as Hardman did but even if he doesn't he still has that terrific speed which will compensate for any other perceived short-comings.

Again......Boise State beat OU in that BCS bowl because most all of their 22 starters could run like the wind mixed in with some great skill people who could run, too.

I honestly think what Boise has done the last 10 plus years is now within our grasp because of that new football palace being built between those 2 interstates plus.......what is shaping up to be some real goat ropin' son-of-a-gun recruiters on Coach McCarney's staff.

I believe it will continue to amaze us all how this new stadium will legitimize and authenticicate all that we've said we wanted to do in Denton for decades as far as a major college football program goes. Some of these new recruits giving our coaches verbals obviously want to be in on the ground floor of all this excitement, too, and why not--it is going to be exciting to watch this thing build and catapult to the top.

Like KTCK 1310 The Ticket's Norm Hitzghes said about UNT: "Why not North Texas being another Boise?" (Anyone else think ol' Norm has taken a peak of that new stadium rising from the rolling Texas prairie)?

Great times ahead, folks.

GMG!

Love the speed, performed in a top notch 5A conference, has a nose for the ball. I like that it sets the stage for us to mark our square in talent rich Garland. Height is probably the only reason he is not going BCS. I like this verbal! I'm guessing it is Bowen but we will find out soon enough.

Love the speed, performed in a top notch 5A conference, has a nose for the ball. I like that it sets the stage for us to mark our square in talent rich Garland. Height is probably the only reason he is not going BCS. I like this verbal! I'm guessing it is Bowen but we will find out soon enough.

Harry, remember a "smallish" linebacker that played for TAMU by the name of Dat Nguyen? Great career for the Aggies and later played pretty well for the Dallas Cowboys at 5-11, 238 pounds.

Great speed. He wants to major in computer science so I think that speaks for his intelligence. He's only been playing linebacker for a year so he's still learning and will only get better.

Interesting that he was also a beast at the discus. I like the fact that he selected us over offers from Air Force, Colorado State and WKU. With his 4.5 speed and 325 bench just sounds like a great athlete. Exciting start to the McCarney era!! GMG!

Also kudos and +1's to East Texas MG who found this first. Nice find ETM - good job!

I think we can take the list of offers that the Dodge regime had out there and put it somewhat to the side. I expect we will see more guys like this who were not even on the radar now with the new staff getting engaged. Should be fun!

Great first pickup by McCarney and staff.

BTW...I asked an Ath. Dept. official how many recruits we had in this weekend. He thought there were 8....with 6 being jucos and two high schoolers. (obviously one of the high schoolers was Akunne). Anyway if that's right...and there were 8....we know 4 of them (Akunne, Ronnell Wright, and the two juco QBs). So there were several other guys on campus that we don't know of....yet.

GMG!

Air Force only recruits top notch, best of the brightest type of kids...

If he was being recruited by the Academy, he's an extremely intelligent, ultra well rounded athlete.

I had an appointment to the AFA out of HS, took my official visit, and was blown away by the entire system.

Love this recruit, we all get so caught up in the Frame and Numbers, we forget that height doesn't predict greatness, way too many examples of that, Drew Brees?

This is a win!